2

Don't Say Goodbye

Waking up, Ji Eun found herself in an unfamiliar place, with the only thought of getting out of here. Quietly she sneaked out of the room, cautiously looking around to see if there is anyone there. “You can’t leave like this.” A calm voice came from behind her and a man walked right up to her.

Staring at him with terrified eyes, she shook slightly. “You are too weak to go out alone.” He pushed her gently into the room and walked off. Not knowing how to cook, junhyung ordered takeaway, sighing slightly as he remembered how she looked. Knocking on her door, he told her that he had bought lunch and the two of them walked down in silence. Throughout the meal, Ji Eun keep on looking at junhyung. Why is he being so kind to me?

Noticing her stare, Junhyung felt shy but he stare right back at her, wondering why she is looking at him that way. As she finished her meal, she stood up and said politely “I am going back to the room.” Standing up, he handed her a set of clothes. “I know it is big but you have to wear this for the time being.” she nodded and went to have a shower.

The shirt, being so big, covered the shorts he had given her. There was nothing to do in her room and she walked to the living room. Junhyung was there watching tv and blinked a few times when she came out. He then stared at the tv, full of concentration and blushing furiously.

Standing up abruptly, he went to the fridge and stuck his head inside, mumbling, “Where’s the coke?”Ji eun can’t help giggling at how ridiculous he looks with his head stuck in the fridge. After she went into her room he took out a can of coke and drank it thirstily. “I have a girlfriend. No dirty thoughts.” he said to himself firmly. Ji Eun was oblivious to him talking to himself as she was already up in the room, which makes her feel the safest there at the moment.

Going to Hara’s favourite hangouts, Junhyung asked the shop owners about Hara’s whereabouts, hopeful that he would at least get some sort of clue. But his hope was diminished as everyone he asked shook their heads sadly. He walked back home, dejected and upset. Ji Eun was wandering around the house, amazed to find that the house was extremely neat and clean despite a guy living in it.

There was a room with empty music scores and a laptop, which she thinks must be his recording room. Taking a sheet of paper carefully, she read an unfinished music score and found herself humming the tune out loud. Junhyung came into his house and heard her humming, but he kept quiet and listened to it, for fear of scaring her with his sudden arrival. Her voice is soft and sweet. It was just the perfect voice he needed for his new song, but he shook the thought away. She is going as soon as she has recovered. As he walked away from the room, Ji Eun came out at that exact moment. Jumping at the sight of him, her body turned tensed to Junhyung’s surprise.

Bowing to him while repeatedly apologizing, she gripped the sides of her shirt tightly and spoke nervously “Im sorry! I was just wandering around the house and I found these notes and the music score so i…” junhyung gave her a small smile and said simply, “its ok.” He left her standing there, bewildered.  Even if its just a small smile, I feel safe.

Junhyung scratched his head at her behaviour, frowning deeply. It’s as if she is expecting me to hit her, or scold her every time she does something. It must be related to the injuries on her body… He wanted to know the reason badly, but she didn’t want to intrude on her privacy, he would just wait patiently for her to tell him everything.