7

Don't Say Goodbye

 

She also noticed a slight change in Junhyung. The façade he puts up is fading away little by little and he seem to smile more. There were several occasions where she caught him sighing and glancing out of the window sadly.

“I…have a girlfriend.”

Junhyung said out of the blue one day. She scooted closer to him and held her breath, not daring to say anything in case he don’t fell like telling her anymore.

“Her name is hara,and we met each other when I was in a reality programme of my group.” He turned to her to see if she was listening and she was very attentive, nodding as if to encourage him to go on.

“She went out one day and was missing ever since. That day I found you she was missing for two weeks.”

He looks tired with black circles under his eyes, and he slumped his shoulders, looking dejected. She felt the need to comfort him, so she asked him about his job. She was not surprised when he told her that he is a member of a boy group, and he is a composer. She shook her head sheepishly when asked if she had heard of BEAST. He smiled and looked into the distance.

“I’m not good with expressing my emotions, so I do it through songs.”

She knows how he feels. That was how she feels when she plays the piano. Her injury have gotten better and now it was just bruises, but she never thought about leaving the house. She felt like she had lived here all her life, when it had only been a month. The two of them never talked about her leaving and it was as if both of them were afraid she would leave and disappear once it is said out loud.

Though he didn’t say much about Hara, Ji Eun offered to help him and he accepted gratefully.

“This is her photo. But you can’t ask strangers if they had seen her. As far as the public is concerned, she’s on vacation.”

He instructed her to bring Hara to him or call him if she saw her. Nodding at each other, the two of them went on their separate ways. While walking, Ji Eun studied the photo in her hands. Why is she missing? She has everything one could ask for. It was nice to be out on the streets again after staying in the house all day long.  Ji Eun tried to minimise going out as Junhyung told her not to go out alone at any time of the day. Observing through the closed curtains, she saw a few figures hunched over in the bushes, with cameras positioned, ready to take a shoot of anything.

“If you go out now and got caught there will be nothing but trouble.”

 She also didn’t want Hara to be upset and cause an misunderstanding between the two if she heard the news. She really don’t understand why they would want to be famous, because it didn’t exactly bring them much happiness. They have to be conscious of their image at all time, and they were so tired after long days of working and no proper meals.

She was about to go into a convenience store and see if Hara is there when she saw someone that makes her blood run cold. There, paying for his bottle of beer and cigarettes was her uncle. She turned and walked the other way before he could see her, and nearly bumped into someone. Bowing and managing a weak apology, she side stepped the person. A pair of hands was placed on her shoulder and she found Junhyung staring down at her in concern.

 “You look pale. Whats wrong?”

She was too panicked and no words came out of .  Junhyung could see the panic and fear in her eyes and pulled her to his car nearby hurriedly. Everything was too late.