(2)

Met Him on FaceBook

It’s been two months now and school has ended yesterday. Tomorrow would be the day I added ‘Kwon Ji Yong’ on Facebook two months ago. I didn’t even have to remember it because Rubylyn was practically screaming it in my ear for about five minutes. I’m now regretting sitting next to her in the car.

“Tala, can you believe it? It’s tomorrow! Check if he added you now!” She said, she scooted closer to me and I moved away from her.

“Not now, Ruby.” I hissed, shoving my phone deeper in my pocket. “We’re going to the beach now; I don’t think Facebook should be in the way of things.”

“Just check it please?” She pouted. She put her hand on my pocket, “I can check it for you!”

“No way, my Facebook is my Facebook. I don’t want other people logging on it.” I said.

She huffed, “Are you serious? I’m your best friend, c’mon!” She whined. She obviously doesn’t know that she’s just a friend to me. I never added the word ‘best’ in front of it and claiming I did will give her a less chance of going into my Facebook.

“What’s this talk about Facebook?” Ruby’s brother turned around. He gave a small smile at me, which I usually avoid. Ruby rolled her eyes, kicking the seat he sat in.

“None of your business; turn around.” She said, crossing her arms. He looked at Ruby, “You are my sister; I should know what’s up with you.”

Even though there was a four year difference, Ruby still acted like she was the older sibling. She would tell him to get stuff for her, boss him around, eat his food when he was about to eat it, make him cook for her, all that stuff. I thought it was unfair to him, but it’s not my family, I can’t speak up for him.

“I’m almost an adult; I can take care of myself.” She said.

“Well, I am an adult; I should take care of you.” He said.

“Why don’t you just focus on the road?” She glared.

“Because I’m not the one driving.” He stuck his tongue out at her.

“For a twenty-one year old, you sure act like you’re five.”

“For a seventeen year-old, you sure act like you’re the queen.”

This continued for about twenty minutes until Ruby’s brother’s friend yelled, “We’re at the beach, shut up.” I saved a note in my head to thank him for saying so. It was amusing at first, but as usual, it got annoying. Too bad I forgot to thank him.

I opened the car door, pulling down my white shirt. I squinted my eyes at the harsh sun, “Yeah, I’m definitely going to just sit in the shade.” I mumbled. I walked over to the trunk, grabbing my towel and the cooler.

I stopped walking when I heard a “Sure you can handle that?”. I turned around to see Ruby’s brother. I sighed, “Yes, I obviously can.”

He gave a chuckle, “Listen, if Ruby’s doing something she knows our mom won’t approve of, just tell me okay? I trust you and I just want the best for my sister, y’know.”

I nodded, squinting my eye as I looked up at him. He took off his large hat, placing it on my head. It was hard to look up without it falling off, but it hid the sun from shining in my face. I walked over to where Ruby was. She was already in her bathing suit and her hands were placed on her hips.

“Getting in the water?” She asked me. I shook my head, “I don’t want to have the sun in my face.” I said. She rolled her eyes, “The sun is in your face every day. Why’s today so different?”

“It’s different because I’m more vulnerable to the sun than usual?”

“I have sunscreen!” She whined.

“Don’t want it.” I sighed. She huffed, brushing her hair out of her face, “Fine, but you’ll miss out!” She called her brother and his friend over asking them to swim with her. They both agreed, leaving me in the calm sounds of the waves hitting each other. I laid on my back, staring at the umbrella that had been placed over me. When did that get there?

I shrugged it off, taking my phone out my pocket. Ignoring all the ‘I miss you!’ texts, since it was break for a few days, I went on Facebook. I haven’t actually been on here since the day I added him. It’s not a surprise that there’s some drama on here. Being the nosey person I am, I read most of them.

Reading them, I realized that our generation is kind of messed up nowadays. I never remember adding this ten year old girl, but she complained that her boyfriend broke up with her because he didn’t like her make-up. What is this world coming to?

I went on my profile, seeing my profile picture was something that was about two years ago. I had braces then and because of my mom, my hair was greasy. Why the hell do I have this as my picture? My eyes looked smaller than usual and my shirt was something I had gotten when thirteen.

Obviously, I changed it. Besides, if I really sent a friend request to ‘Kwon Ji Yong’ why would he add a girl who was seventeen, but looked ten?

I took a new picture, and replaced it. Thank God I was just seeing this now. I stared at it for a while; did I look seventeen or older? Is looking older a good thing? Would ‘Kwon Ji Yong’ add me? I didn’t know what to think. What if he didn’t like it?

Of course since Ruby wasn’t around, I was fangirling over him. I was also fussing over him.

What if he adds me, but he just adds me and never talks to me? What if he adds me and deletes me afterwards because he thought I was someone else? What if he never adds me at all?

Then I rolled my eyes, “I’m over exaggerating again.” I sighed.

I looked at the ocean, seeing some kids and adults playing around. I searched for the three people I came with, seeing them deep in the ocean. No way in hell, would I go that deep.

I sighed, “I should take pictures of the view I’m seeing.” I said. I mean, it was a nice day today.

While taking photos, I smiled to myself. “What if he sees my pictures and he likes them?” I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

“If who sees your pictures?” Ruby asked. Damn it, why don’t I speak my thoughts to myself?

"No one," I said, taking a few more picture of the ocean. I didn't realize how blue it was today, it was nice. I really did which I swam in it, but like the shade.

"It can't be no one if you're wondering if they'd like of picture of yours. Are you talking about G-Dragon?" She gasped, "Did he add you, yet? Let me see!" She tried to reach for my phone, which was a fail attempt since I pulled it away. I shoook my head at her, telling her he didn't add me and that I told her I don't like anyone but myself going on my FaceBook.

She pouted, folding her arms, "Whatever, then." She kept quiet, while she sat next to me on the sand. She eventually felt uncomfortbale by the silence when she got up and walked over back to the water.

When I acutally looked at Ruby, I realized how different she was from me. Her hair was shoulder length, a brown bob with blonde highlights. I still didn't know how she got that in without her mom telling her to take it out, yet. Unlike hers, my hair was long. It was a few inches away from my bottom, since I cut it last week. Unlike me, she had a bigger chest than I did, even if I was a cup under her. She was a C cup, and I was a B. Unlike her, I'm quiet.

I watched as she walked towards the water, going towards her brother's friend. He had a smile on his face, the friend, and so did she. Her brother stood next to me, and I didn't realize until he sat down and sighed. He had a cold bottle of water in his hand and he looked at me.

"Want some?"

"Nah, I'm good, thanks." I said, tucking some hair behind my ear.

"So what's this I hear about G-Dragon? Is he that Japanese dancer or something?" He cracked open the bottled water and took a few gulps.

"No," I let out a snort, "he's a Korean idol, in a famous Korean group called Big Bang." I giggled. He chuckled, "Big Bang? I never heard of him." He chuckled once again, "G-Dragon," He mumbled his name. "How about I hear one of his songs and I'll tell you if he's good or not?"

I looked at him, "Even if you say he's bad, I'll still listen to him." I unlocked my phone, going to my playlists.

"Come on, Tala. I'm a musician too."

"You're not famous, though." I said, playing one of my favourites from the Korean man. I watched Ruby's brothers reaction as he nodded his head with the song.

"And what's this song called?" He asked, sipping his water again.

"Butterfly." I smiled. Her brother stopped talking after that, letting me enjoy Ji Yong's voice. His beautiful voice that can be deep when he raps and high when he sings. The voice I want to hear in real life.