(4)

Met Him on FaceBook

I had to pinch myself when seeing the picture. Was this Korean man out of his mind?! Why did he put so much trust towards me to send me a picture to prove it was actually him? Then again, I did ask him to prove that it was him.

I stared at the photo, not even thinking twice before I saved it onto my computer. I looked at the picture over and over, having this huge grin on my face. Kwon Ji Yong sent me a picture of himself to a fan just to prove that it was really him? Why don’t other Big Bang fans know about his Facebook?

My eyes scanned the room, looking down at my floor that had all my books resting on it. I looked at my television, seeing that it was on a popular television drama show. I looked at my bed, seeing that it was unmade from this morning, due to my laziness, and then I looked at my hand, seeing my cell phone resting there and hearing Rubylyn calling out my name.

“Tala!” She gasped, “Are you dead? Should I call the police? Answer me, what’s wrong?!”

I looked back at my computer screen, hearing a ding once more from the Facebook message chat; Ji Yong typed something to me again.

“You’re spreading the picture around?” I read aloud, resting my cell phone on my shoulder as I began to type a reply back to the famous Korean idol.

“I’m not spreading anything! What are you talking about, Tala? Are you okay?” Rubylyn basically shouted into the phone, causing my ear to ring once again. “Rubylyn, I’m fine. Now, can you please stop shouting?” I sighed.

‘I’m not going to spread it around. Why did you decide to send a picture?’ I typed back, sighing once again when Rubylyn complained, “Well, you weren’t answering me after you practically gasped for God knows what! You’re making me think your dad came home again…” Her words faded out.

She spoke about my dad again. I always tell her not to bring him up. I sat back in my chair sighing once again, remembering the horrible childhood my father gave me. It was the usual, dad drinks alcohol, dad becomes drunk, and then dad becomes abusive.

My mom never had the slightest idea to call the cops. She never did, she just took the pain. He used to just beat her, but then when he saw my sister and I grow up, he took it out on us. He constantly said he’s never happy because we ruined his life, coming into this world.

Of course, my sister, who’s twelve currently, cried her eyes out. She still does when anyone talks about him. I’m seventeen now, and I just look back at it as a time of misunderstanding. At the time, I did cry, but once I got older and matured, I’ve come to realize that he was too drunk to control his actions.

He stops by every once in a while, only to be thrown out by my mom. She tells him that we’re happy now with my new step dad, and we’re happy that he’s gone. It’s not one hundred percent true. I miss him, of course. He was a nice dad when he was sober, but I never knew the reason why he would drink.

 The ding from the Face book message took my out of thought. I read his message in my head this time, ‘you said you wanted proof, that’s how I gave it to you. How can I trust that you won’t send it to everyone you know?’

I just simply replied back to him, ‘I don’t like scandals.’ And my hearing returned back to Ruby, “What did you say, sorry.” I said to her, now facing away from the computer. I got up and picked up all of my randomly thrown books and placed them on my shelf.

“I said, I’m sorry about what I said, it just flew out.” She mumbled, obviously feeling terrible. I’m not saying she should feel terrible.

“It’s fine. Just think before you say things.” I turned my television volume lower when there was a sudden lady starting to scream for some reason. I wasn’t paying attention to the show, so I didn’t know why. I walked over to my bed, fixing my sheets and pillows. I looked at my wall, seeing the poster of Big Bang I got from Ruby for my birthday a few months ago.

I stared at Kwon leader, particularly. I remembered all the shows he and his other members were featured on. My eyes stared at every part of him for a while, his eyes, his hair, his cheeks, his lips, everywhere. It made me think, was he really the way he is on television, the way his group says he is? Or is he a hypocrite who just does it so he can win girls hearts?

Not paying attention to Ruby’s talking about her brother, I told the person who knocked on my room door to come in. I sat in my computer chair and minimized the Face book message window. It was my sister, who asked if I could help her with her homework.

“Of course I can, Lani.” I smiled, taking the paper from her. Ruby gasped, “Lani is there? Can I talk to her? She’s so cute!” I sighed, giving the phone to my sister.

“Hello?” She watched me as I did her math problem for her. “Yes, this is Lani.” She looked around my room, “Yes, I see the poster.” She walked away from me, sitting on my bed I just straightened up. “Big… Bang?” Her eyes looked at the poster for a while. “You got it for her?” She looked back at the poster, “Are they Japanese?”

I could hear Ruby’s voice from where I was, since I was only about two feet away from Lani. “What? You don’t know them?!” I heard.

“No I don’t. No one in my class talks about them.” She looked over at me, “Tala, I like this one.” She pointed at Daesung. I smiled, “You do?”

“He seems nice.” She said. “The blonde one,” She told Ruby. I could hear Ruby squeal, “Aw, you like Daesung, that’s so sweet! Do you see the one with the hair at the side of his face?”

“The long piece of hair?” Lani spoke.

I heard Ruby, “Your sister and I like him. I also like the one with the blue hair too.”

Lani looked at me, “You like him?” She pointed at G-Dragon. I stared at the idol’s face, “Yeah.” I smiled, “I do.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I updated some parts into Chapter 2, so it's actually longer. [:

Thanks for reading, subbing, and commenting! Merry Christmasuuuu~~~~~~ Lol. ;~;

Be safe, everyone!