(3)

Met Him on FaceBook

 

It’s been a week now and when I came home from school, I saw that I got an email. It said I got a notification that someone had added me. When I logged into Facebook and saw who added me, the gum I was chewing nearly fell out my mouth.

He added me? Did he really?

I saw his statuses all in Korean. It still could be a Korean role player, I thought. I looked at my email to see he had just added me a few minutes ago. His friends were limited, only a few.

I went on my profile and deleted the friend request on my page. I didn’t want anyone seeing it and clicking it. I especially didn’t want Rubylyn to see it. If she did, she’d boss me around, telling me what to do. Like I said, I trust no one.

Little did she know, I have been reading some Korean books that I had gotten my mom to order for me. I understood some Korean now and I was able to figure out what Ji Yong was typing on his statuses.

Ji Yong Kwon (yesterday, 24 hours ago)

            Just gotten out of the pool with my man, Young Bae! What up, what up, Facebook!

Was it bad that I laughed? I mean, the status was pretty random. I didn’t have to convert much, he mostly typed in English. I clicked on the comments seeing there was just a few. Even Chae Rin from 2ne1 had a Facebook?

Chae Rin Lee (15 hours ago)

            You didn’t even invite us, Ji Yong-Ah. I told you we were bored, you ignored my text.

I think that’s what she said.            

Ji Yong Kwon (14 hours ago)

            Oh yeah, you did text me. Calm down, friend. Hit me up next time when I’m going.

Young Bae Dong (12 hours ago)

            You guys…

It think it was wrong to look into their conversations. It was pretty nosey, plus he just added me, I didn’t want to seem like a stalker already. I couldn’t help it though, was this really him? Was this the genius that many fans like myself come to know and love?

I decided find out. I didn’t care if he ignored me.

I clicked ‘chat’ and pressed his name, seeing he was online. I didn’t want to seem like one of those girls who pretend to know Korean, so I wrote in English.

‘Hello’ I wrote. To be honest, I don’t ever remember when I trembled so much just to type a simple greeting. I was looking around my room, when I heard my phone ringing. It was Rubylyn.

I picked it up, answering the phone.

“Yeah, what?” I said my usual greeting.

“Did he add you today?” She asked.

I looked at my screen, seeing the chat box open. The message had been read and when I say that it said he was typing, my heart was pounding.

“No.” I lied.

“Really? Still?” I could hear her pout over the phone. She let out a loud sigh that was probably the reason why my ears were suddenly ringing.

When I heard a chime on my computer, I looked on the screen. He replied. He replied to my simple hello. He wrote ‘hi’.

Rubylyn was going on and on about how she wished he would just add me already, so that we can talk to him and probably get him to come to the Philippines for a visit and all that useless stuff I didn’t really care about.

I put my hand on the keyboard, shaking as I typed again, ‘You’re a role player, right? You’re not the real Ji Yong?’ I typed. It was read right away causing my heart to beat and I could sweat starting to form around my hairline. It was one of the most intense moments of my life, right now. If it was really him, this would be a V.I.P’s dream. To just walk past them would be a dream of a Big Bang fan.

I heard a chime again, he wrote back, ‘I am.’

I didn’t completely understand what he meant, since I asked him two questions. I didn’t know which question he was answering to. I rose a brow and typed back, ‘You are what?’

“Tala! Are you even listening to me?” Rubylyn exclaimed in the phone. I sighed, “Yeah, I am.” I said, waiting impatiently for Ji Yong to stop typing.

‘I am the real Kwon Ji Yong.’ He wrote.

I didn’t get excited. He could be lying of course. The person behind that computer or phone could be an obsessed fan that practically stalks him. I rubbed my head, and typed back ‘Prove it.’

The message was read and wasn’t replied to for a long while. I knew it, it was just a role player who had nothing better to do. I finally focused my attention on Rubylyn who was yelling at her brother.

“Rubylyn,” I called out.

“Yeah?”

“If you’re going to yell, can you please pull the phone away from your-”

The chime came again. I looked at the computer screen seeing I had gotten a message. I almost got a heart attack when I checked it.

Ji Yong he was in a dim room, his hair was the bright pink as it is currently, his hand had my name on it. Under the picture, it said, ‘Believe me now?’