(1)

Met Him on FaceBook

“I dropped my bag on my desks since it was the last period of the day. I was tried. The teachers always have to make every day seem as I was in Hell. I feel like I’m being punished to be going to this school. I hate every ounce of it. The girls around me are arrogant and snobby. The boys are cocky and erted. I only made about two friends and the school year is going to be over in four months.

Even though they’re supposed to be my friends, I don’t trust any of them. They tell me the secrets of their other friends. Like hell I’ll tell them my secrets.

I can’t really trust anyone. Not even my own mother. I hear her every day on the phone gossiping about who said what, and who did what. It was frustrating and it gave a bad name to how girls are. I’m a girl and I certainly don’t act like a snobby chick that gossips here and there about one and two.

I feel as if I’m being ungrateful, though. I also feel like I’m just cautious. If I take the wrong step to do one thing, my reputation could crumble and I could end up on the streets begging people for any spare change they could find in their pockets. Okay, maybe I’m over exaggerating, but I just don’t want to take the wrong road.

I probably haven’t mentioned I get irritated easily. My irritation level was over the roof when I constantly heard girls talk about groups from Korea here and there. Some even have physical fights about some groups. I mean, I do listen to some of the music, but seeing all of these arguments made me want to stop listening to the music.

I thought that I would stop hearing about them in this class, but Rubylyn, one of my friends, slid and sat next to me.      

“Have you heard about Big Bang?” She asked me. I gave her an eye roll as a response. She smiled at me, “You should listen to them!”

And that’s how it all started. When it was time for dismissal, she pulled out her cell phone with headphones. She placed them on my ear, turning the volume on high as her skinny finger pressed a song name. Of course, I ended up liking it. Of course I ended up liking the group. Of course I ended up suddenly secretly obsessing over them.

Rubylyn was known for her big hope in things. She had huge hopes for us to win tickets into a Big Bang concert, but we never won them. She also had huge hope that we would be convinced our mothers to let us drive at least 1000 miles away from home, just to see Big Bang. We got turned down, though. She was even convinced that every celebrity she sees on Facebook is actually them. They’re not really them.

There was this one time I remember though. This one time she was convinced that this celebrity was the real them. I still remember the conversation.

"Tala, check it out!" I answered her with a full mouth of popcorn as I was clicking away on the keyboard of my laptop. I put the phone on my shoulder, lifting my shoulder to bring the phone to me ear. I grabbed a hand full of popcorn again, shoving it in my mouth once again.

"Go on Face Book!" She sounded excited; I could tell she was smiling brightly. She squealed, making me lift my head away from the phone, since her high pitched voice made my ear ring. I sighed, "What for?"

"I see someone that I think you'd scream when you see it." She giggled. Quickly typing in my email and password, I sighed into the phone. I don't usually use my Face Book, so this better be a good reason why she's practically squeaking in my ear for me to add this person.

"Alright, what do I search?" I asked, once again stuffing my mouth with popcorn. I sighed when I felt a popcorn kernel go between my teeth.

Rubylyn squeaked once again, “Type in Kwon Ji Yong” She said. I groaned, “Really, Rubylyn? The last time we did this the person deactivated their account. Why don’t you add him?” I said as I typed, this was probably the tenth time she suggested to add a celebrity on Face Book. Half of those times were to add G-Dragon.

“No, I’m sure this is him! And I can’t add him, are you crazy? My parent’s check my Face Book 24/7! If they see I added someone they’ll question me and you know that!” She grumbled. I rolled my eyes, “Whatever, Rubylyn. Which one, they’re pages and profiles.”

“The one where it looks like he’s holding the camera with the peace sign.” She said, with a dreamy voice. I can tell she had been staring at the picture for a while and had wished for nothing but to just be with him. She’s not the only one. Maybe every girl who knows him probably does.

I clicked ‘Add’ and left it at that. “It’s probably a role player.” I said.

“A role player with a picture I’ve never seen before! I think it’s really him!” She said.

“Well, I think you’re over exaggerating.” I told her.

I was scolded for saying for saying such a thing; that she’d never exaggerate over something that could be so right.

“Have you ever seen that picture of G-Dragon anywhere?” She asked.

“I haven’t, but I don’t constantly look up pictures of him, so I can’t tell.” I lied.

Rubylyn sighed, “Well, I do. I’ve never seen that picture before. Why do you think everything he has is private? He probably doesn’t want to be known!”

“He probably won’t even add me, he’ll think I’m a fan and ignore it.” I mumbled.

“If he does, try again.”

She was so determined, it was frustrating. I felt like just smacking her and telling her that it was just a role player that wanted to probably make it seem like a Facebook and it could turn out to be a fan page. She wouldn’t listen though; she’d force me to do it. She’d come over to my house, go in my room, and watch me until I press ‘Add’.

“There’s a high chance it’s not him.” I said.

“There’s a high chance it is him.” She stated back.

I growled, shoving more popcorn in my mouth, giving a long sigh. She was just dreaming and I felt like popping her bubble. I wasn’t the type to do so, though.

She kept going on and on about how cool it’d be if G-Dragon actually accepted. I muted her out, watching the television.

What if Kwon Ji Yong actually added me, though? What if that really is him? Would I actually tell her he did? I still didn’t trust her and I didn’t want her to go run off and tell the word that Kwon Ji Yong accepted my friend request. I don’t even think it is him, though.

But if it was, I wouldn’t tell her. I don’t want her to flip out. She’s talkative and it’s pretty annoying, plus, if she’d probably ask for my Facebook when he says yes. Like hell I’d give her my Facebook information. Even if my life depended on it, I wouldn’t. Like I said earlier, I trust no one.

Even if this is Kwon Ji Yong, I don’t think I’d trust him either. He could be some other boy behind that pretty boy smile, now that I think about it. All the smiles and crap might be for camera, but if it were real he’d probably be the one to complain about how cameras are always in his face. Yet, I could be over exaggerating again…

_________________

Did you notice what I did there? ;D