The Opposite Side

Walking with Silence

You are fixing your hair and you decide to stop and stare at your face instead. As usual, your eyes are blank. You know you should be bothered by it but you're not. It makes you happy that you are not the curious type. Your foster mother calls you down for breakfast. You suddenly remember your first meeting. She had said sorry for what had happened to you. Till this day you don't exactly know what happened to you. It had something to do with your biological parents but honestly, you're not sure if you had any parents before the ones you are now living with.

You still marvel at the house you live in. It is three-storey tall with a garden instead of a roof and a swimming pool in the backyard. There are four rooms on each floor. Your favourite part of the house is the basement. To you, the basement is important because if you need anything, you just have to go down there and you'll find it. You walk down the white staircase and into the dining room. The dining room is simple considering there is just a round, brown table with four chairs surrounding it. In the centre of the table is a holder for eating utensils. A tubelight is attached to the high ceiling. You like the fact that the ceiling is high because it gives you lots of space to breathe.

Your mother is smiling at you and you do the same. Your father is eating his buttered sandwich while reading today's newspaper. It's amazing how he manages to direct the sandwich into his moutth without taking his eyes off of the newspaper. Your mother doesn't bother to scold him for reading during breakfast anymore. Their last twenty years of marriage has taught her a valuable lesson. You sit down and unlike your father, you spread strawberry jam in your bread. After eating breakfast, you go to the living room. You pick up your bag from the orange sofa. It is time for you to leave for school. Your mother sends you to the door. She bids you farewell and wishes you luck for the day. You wave goodbye to her with a smile.

During Autumn, you like to live on the other side of the town where there are more trees. You can't help but like watching the orange and brown leaves fall and touch the ground. On top of that, the wind is much fresher. Luckily, your school is near a park located on the other side. To get to your school, you have to walk straight for five minutes, turn around the corner in Maple Street, cross a road and continue walking for five minutes. You walk, turn and wait. The traffic light turns red before you can cross the road. You see the same happening to a boy on the opposite side. You glance at the boy but you can easily recognise him if you and he meet again. His eyes are unbelievably tiny and his nose is...cute. His rosy pink lips are really attractive and inviting. That thought makes you blush. The traffic light turns red. You and him pass each other. After you've crossed the road, it comes to your mind that you want to meet him again.

 

A/N: Here was Chapter 2! The main event is the same but just added details and changed the P.O.V.

 

@amanda_clarissa:I love A Walk to Remember but I read the book instead. I hope you're not expecting this story to be like it though. ^^

@Danchii:I think the chapters will get longer as I write. Really just depends on my mood and creativity that day. ^^

@mitsuchan:Actually, when I was thinking about writing this fanfic, I was wondering if the main couple should be MyungYeol because Myungsoo has the silent image. ^^

 

Thank you for subscribing and commenting! xD