Nam Industries

Walking with Silence

Dongwoo and I were in the same group for that concert thing. I was really happy and enthusiastic about it. Singing is the only thing I love to death (besides sleeping). What made it even better was that the boy from the morning was in the group next to mine. The only problem was I didn't know his name. He couldn't tell me because he couldn't speak and I forgot to ask again. I'll call him Auburn till I do so. He's really, really, really attractive. I never thought I would crush on a guy so bad.

I watched Hoya fidget nervously. There was only one reason.

"Where's Dongwoo?" Hoya finally let it out.

"Toilet," I answered.

The boy rushed to the toilet. There were three daily TV programmes in my life: Let's be shy with each other!, I wish I was Sungjong! and Fidgeting nervously and asking where Jang Dongwoo is!. I was just glad Sungyeol wasn't a part of them. That guy was just childish and fun. Hanging out with these people was really refreshing. It was like living in a soap opera. One of the episode's sequence was: Hoya and Sungjong's daily drama, girl enters and slaps Sungyeol, the latter's dumbfounded, Dongwoo laughs, Hoya looks and the bell rings. Wasn't that awesome?

"Gyu, hello," Dongwoo flashed his hand up and down,"Let's go." Hoya was next to him.

We all headed towards a ramen shop down the street. Sungyeol and Sungjong had left already since they had a curfew to keep . We were slurping on our noodles when two other people entered. One of them took a seat next to me. I turned to see Auburn. He was listening to a black-haired dude wearing a blue blazer speak.

"Two bowls of ramyun please!" Blue ordered.

He turned his attention back to Auburn,"You want anything else?"

Then, he said to the shop owner,"And a can of coke! Thank you!"

I stared at him for a while. Did he understand what Auburn thought? Dongwoo asked Blue how he did that. Blue must be shy because his face suddenly screamed help. Or he got scared because Dongwoo looks like a dinosaur.

Blue stuttered,"W-we're childhood f-friends. I-I just spend a lot of t-time with him."

My best friend nodded in amazement and went back to eating. Auburn turned around, probably to see what this was all about. When he faced me, his face flushed red. Damn, he was adorable!

"Hi!" I grinned.

He smiled in return. His order came and he, with his friend, started eating. He was so cute with his food stuffed on both sides of his cheeks. He drank coke and swallowed it altogether.

Hoya nudged me and said,"Gyu, eat."

I realized I was so busy staring at Auburn, I hadn't eaten yet. When I saw Dongwoo's almost empty bowl, I paniced and started power eating.

"Hyung, you finished eating ten minutes ago," Hoya calmly told me.

I looked down to see nothing in my bowl. "Oh!" I exclaimed.

Auburn and Blue weren't there anymore. My friends and I also left after paying the bill.

"I've never seen you so dazed dude," Dongwoo remarked and slung his arm over my shoulder.

I didn't reply because I didn't want him to know about my little crush. Hoya was next to me staring into space. We were going home by subway.

~____~____~____~

I was sneaking upstairs to my room when someone switched on the light.

"Kim Sunggyu!" I could recognize that voice anywhere.

I nervously smiled at my aunt, Kim Sunhee (her maiden name). She is the scariest person alive but also one of the nicest. She has taken care of me since I was seven. I don't know what happened to my parents. When I was younger, nobody answered my questions about them. 

"I'm sorry!" In a blink of an eye, I was at her feet begging for mercy.

"Punishment time!" Aunt laughed evilly.

I was massaging her feet while she was eating grapes. IU was on TV.

"So which punishment do you choose: doing the laundry; walking our neighbour's dog and running her errands; working in the building on the opposite side of the town?" She offered deviously.

I sighed,"I don't have a choice, do I?"

"Yokay! You'll be working with your uncle from now on! I'll give him a call!" My aunt skipped her way to a black telephone and dialled my uncle's number, Lee Hyunshik.

My aunt was keen on making me work at Nam Industries. Nam Industries is to simply put, a continous destroyer of trees. That company sells notebooks and plubishes novels. And guess what? I support them! I buy those A5 sized notebooks. I watched as my aunt twirled around the house and occasionally jumped. She was a gymnast when she was in her teen years. I threw my head back and covered my face. I will have to wake up at six thirty in the morning and go to work. My holidays were supposed to be relaxing and filled with joy and happiness of sleeping and singing.

For the next few days, I went to Auburn's school---Pledis High. I didn't see him. My group mates and I were planning our own theme in the school's garden on the fifth floor. Soon, I was partying with my friends because autumn break had arrived.

~_____~_____~_____~

'Splash!' I woke up with a start. My aunt shoved me off of the bed and rolled me to the bathroom.

"Hey! I'm not really a hamster who can be rolled around so easily!" I yelled.

She didn't listen and splashed water from a bucket at me. She gave me a toothbrush with toothhpaste and left. Groaning, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I threw on random clothes and went downstairs. My uncle was waiting for me. I gobbled down a sandwich and followed my uncle to the bus stop. The bus came around after five minutes. It took us fifteen minutes to get to our destination.

I gaped at the sight of my uncle's workplace. It was a twenty-three-storey building with a blimp hovering it. I never guessed in a small town like this, there would be a small town just for some publishing company. It was like a town within a town. There were apartments and convenient stores along with a chain of restaurants surrounding the building.

"You seriously work here?" I confirmed with my uncle.

"I know it's awesome. There's more to see," He mused at my reaction.

My uncle showed me around. There were several sectors in the building, five to be exact. The first one published notebooks, the second one published novels and the third one sold stationary. The remaining two were reserved for the workers.

"So what's your job?" I never really knew what my uncle did.

"I'm an editor. I'm surprised you didn't know that," He looked at me weirdly.

"I don't read books."

"You only burn them," My uncle reminded me of an incident that happened three years ago. I rather not talk about it.

Anyway, it would be okay to work in the Nam Industries, right?


A/N: I've been writing this for days and in the end, it's still bad. Next chapter is in Woohyun's point of view so anticipate! Not that it's very good. LOL I can't reply to the comments because I have no idea who commented on which chapter. Bad me! XD