Chapter 7

Walking with Silence

The first thing I was ordered to do was to get a cup of coffee for my uncle's boss, Mr Hwang. When I got here---coffee shop---I saw a queue so long it reminded me of the Great Wall of China. Apparently, this shop has some serious issues with the word 'fast' because I've been standing on the same spot for hours. After an hour or two later, I finally bought the cup of coffee. I carefully took it to Mr Hwang and handed it over.

"You came right on time!" He paused and sipped his cup of coffee (that I bought). "My boss, Mr Nam's son, Woohyun has come over for a visit. I want you to entertain him and his friend. After that, you're free to go home. "

On the outside, I happily accepted but on the inside, I killed that man a thousand times. My favourite method was chopping off his head and scrambling his brain after taking it out.

"What a bother! Why on Earth do they give birth?" I mumbled off unhappily.

A woman led me to a room. She let me be and left. I opened the door lazily.

"Eh?" I shouted, surprised. Auburn was using his cell phone. He looked up and our eyes met. This time, there was something amazing about it. I felt a jolt of electricity exhange between us. Next to him, Blue was sitting soundly. 'Nervous' was clearly written on his face. I walked over to them.

"Hello! We meet again," I smiled cheerfully. "I'm Sunggyu. You are?"

Blue and Auburn stood up and bowed. I repeated their action. Blue introduced himself as Kim Myungsoo. Obviously, Auburn was Nam Woohyun. We left the room and wandered around the town. Silence engufled us throughout the journey. I didn't utter a single word although I wanted to say something really badly. At the end of the day, the three of us parted. Myungsoo and Woohyun went home (or so they said) and I stayed near the entrance, waiting for my uncle.

I put on my ear plugs and played a random song. I hummed along to its beat and tapped my fingers on my thigh. The song ended and another popped in. Soon, six songs had alread been played. I turned my head to see Woohyun running with Myungsoo chasing him. Myungsoo the Chaser. They looked like drama characters in their . Myungsoo was calling out to Woohyun who was too busy running and sweating. The latter paused for air. Meanwhile, the former had caught up to him. Being curious, I walked over to them and asked what was the matter.

After a few seconds, Myungsoo stammered,"W-Woohyun f-forgot his ph-phone."

Woohyun nodded in agreement. Myungsoo glared at him and yelled,"What's wrong with you? Why would you throw your phone away? Idiot!"

The auburn-haired boy kicked him in the shin. Ouch!

"I think you should stay here. I'll go with Woohyun if it's okay with him," I offered.

Myungsoo looked at his friend and smirked,"Take him."

Woohyun's face flushed bright red and he kicked Myungsoo again. I led him to the room where we met earlier. I glanced at him every once in a while. He was staring straight ahead with a grin. A greasy grin. We got his cell phone and were heading towards the town gate.

"So...What is your group doing for the concert?" I initiated a conversation.

Woohyun stopped and faced me with a faint smile. I looked at him. He kept staring at me. It wasn't uncomfortable. To be frank, I was dying with happiness because of the attention I was recieving from him. His eyes scanned my whole body. It stopped. I followed his gaze and discovered he was eyeing my phone. I understood what he meant. I lent him my phone. He typed away like a mad man and finally grinned. I read the text. Musical. It read.

"Eh? Lucky! My group's going to dance. I wanted to sing but the rest chose dancing. After all, what can a singing freak do in front of dancing maniacs?"

He grinned. I noticed he always grinned. I liked it. He typed some words again. I used to sing.

"Really?" I was surprised. Woohyun nodded in response and walked in front of me after a few steps. I rushed to his side. After a short silence, we exchanged phone numbers. When we got to the entrance, Myungsoo was sitting on a bench with some middle-aged bloke. I paid attention to that old man since he seemed familiar. Unknowingly, I went over to him. Our faces were really close.

"Kim Sunggyu what are you doing?" The old man yelled at me. How did he know my name? "I'm your uncle you idiot!" I looked at him properly.

"Oh you are my uncle!" I grinned like an idiot. He did call me an idiot though...

From the sidelines, I heard Myungsoo laugh.  I glowered at him and he immediately shut up. Kim Sunggyu, you like his best friend and you just glared at him.

Great!  What if he tells Woohyun that I'm a bad guy and Woohyun believes in him? Woohyun would probably never want to do anything with me!

For a second, my heart stopped beating.  I shook my head furiously. Don't think about it, Sunggyu! When I snapped out of my thoughts, Woohyun and Myungsoo were bowing. I bowed back.

"Goodbye! See you in school some day," Myungsoo bid me farewell. He grabbed his friend by the hand and was off and away, whispering who-knows-what.

"Are you ready to leave?" My uncle stood up and started walking towards the exit. Soon, we were on the bus, chattering away the journey. At the back of my mind, a thought was constantly disturbing me. Would Woohyun and I turn out fine? I just couldn't shake the feeling of nervousness.


A/N: Yay! Finished this chapter! To tell the truth, I was planning on them going out together from the next chapter but changed my mind. I think this story is going to be longer than I planned. ^^

@ mitsuchan: I don't know how to answer that but hopefully the chapter did XD

 

@ anchigyu: Thank you for reading! XD

 

@ Gyu_428: I think so. Thanks for informing me! ^^