That boy

Walking with Silence

That boy...What wa his name? Why hadn't I seen him in town before? I didn't even know if he lived in this town! I sighed dejectedly. Would I see him again? Because I really wanted to. I was so into my thoughts that I didn't realize I had reached school.

"Sunggyu hyung!" Sungjong hugged me from behind.

I handed him over the bread I had bought for him. Usually, I would pinch his cheeks but today my silent self had decided to visit me. Sungjong started to blabber some nonsense. I was ignoring what he was saying but snapped out of my trance when his voice went a pitch higher. He was angry. My eyes immediately shifted to Sungjong.

"What? Stop staring! It's scaring me," Sungjong's expression told me he was scared.

"You were getting angry," I replied as if it was the most obvious reason ever to give to a person.

"'Cause you weren't listening to me!"

"N-n-no! I just missed out on a few things you were saying."

"Oh puh-lese, I wasn't born yesterday," Sungjong rolled his eyes. He was filling me in on what I missed out when Hoya appeared.

While Sungjong is a confident diva, Hoya is a shy yet multi-talented boy. I watched as they started their daily program. It's called 'Let's be shy with each other!'.  I scoffed at them. There was no point in talking to Sungjong then. In the next five minutes, Dongwoo and Sungyeol, my other two friends were sitting next to me watching 'Let's be shy with each other!' episode three hundred something. Sometimes when we were watching the program that was broadcasted in front of our eyes without our consents, Dongwoo starts a new program called 'I wish I was Sungjong!'. The bell rang with a loud 'Rriiinngg'. Dongwoo and I left first.

"You know Dongwoo, if you like him, tell him," I advised Dongwoo.

"He likes Sungjong," Dongwoo replied with a matter-of-fact tone.

"They're just shy around each another."

"That means they like each other!"

"Listen, Hoya's generally shy."

"His ears don't turn cherry red when he's shy around other people!" People stared at us weirdly.

"You and your girl problems," I sighed and shook my head to gain that dramatic effect.

"I'm not a girl! I don't even look like one. Maybe a dinosaur..."

"Just go!" I pushed him inside the classroom.

My seat was on the third row, window side. The second bell rang signalling the start of the lesson.  Ms Jung came running in and apologized for being late. Since I had no interest in English whatsoever, I gazed outside the window. I really loved this seat because I could see the park view from here. There were two parks in this town. One on the side where I lived and one near my school. I watched some kids play in the sand pit. My eyes wandered around in an attempt to find something or someone interesting. Trees, trees, more trees, flower beds, kids, slide, swings, fences, trees, auburn hair...auburn hair! I looked closer. It was that boy from the morning! He was with some other boy, smiling with his teeth shown. Then, he looked my way. Our eyes met. I swore I had seen them before and I was not talking about this morning.

 

A/N: Yahoo! I updated again! ^^

@mitsuchan:I'm glad you liked the writing style. When I first read it, I didn't understand it either. I really like writing in this style. XD