The Other Side

Walking with Silence

"Bye Aunt!" I yelled as I opened the door.

Today was Monday and you know what that means right? School. The only thing that's keeping me going is the fact that autumn break is 4 days away. Otherwise, I'd be and groaning in bed right now. Most schools don't have autumn break but my school does. It's got something to do with the principal's late wife. I watched as the orange leaves fell from the trees. Autumn was always beautiful in this part of the town. We didn't really have big, tall buildings here. Most people lived in two-storey houses, in the streets or in a big park we have in Ddeokbeokki Street. Ddeokbeokki Street, as its name states, is filled with ddeokbokki stalls.  

I had to cross a road and walk for three more minutes to reach my school. On the way, I stopped at a bakery to buy some bread, one for my friend, Sungjong and one for me. I chewed on my bread happily. I didn't get to eat breakfast because I woke up a little later than usual. The traffic light was blinking greeen. I was about to run when it turned red. On the other side of the road, I saw a boy with auburn hair glance at me. I found myself staring at the boy. His eyes were small and his dark brown orbs seemed to be an endless darkness. The tip of his nose was red and his lips were peach in colour. The boy wore a white long-sleeved T-shirt and sky blue pants. To top it off, he donned a black and orange muffler. The traffic light turned green. I walked and passed the boy. A little while later, however, I had a sudden urge to see that stranger once more.


A/N: Thank you for subscribing! It's really nice to have someone anticipating your work (if you were).

@ Hysterie: I loved your comment! It's like you're deep in thought.

 

If anyone has any questions, please ask! Because well...I want to answer questions. ^^