Final

Call Me Maybe

 

Yamada’s P.O.V.

 

 “Pssst…” I whispered as I knocked on Kisa-chan’s window. It’s freezing cold out here in her terrace. Well, what temperature would you expect during three in the morning?

 

 “Yama-chan!” she exclaimed in a whisper. “Come over here.”

 

 She opened the terrace door for me and let me in.

 

 “Did you call him already?” Kisa asked.

 

 “Yeah. And he agreed. He said the place would be ready at nine o’clock.” I answered.

 

 “You sure she wouldn’t remember him?”

 

 “Of course! She’s forgetful, right?” I reassured.

 

 “Okay. Then here.” Kisa said as she handed me 10 large plastic bags of what I needed. “See you at nine!”

 

 “Hai. Ja!” I replied as I dropped down the plastic bags to the ground floor and climbed down the ladder.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Aya’s P.O.V.

 

 “What?!??!” I said as I dropped from my bed because Kisa-chan pushed me.

 

 “Wake up, I said! We’re going to be late!” she yelled at me.

 

 “Be late for what??”

 

 “Just get yourself ready. Your whole self.” She said as she exited my room.

 

 My whole self?? What the hell could that possibly mean? Ah, my dear, dear Kisa-chan… always loved to speak in riddles.

 

 I just readied my self the way I know how. I took a bath and put on some decent clothes then immediately went downstairs as soon as I’m ‘ready’.

 

 A red luxury car was parked on the front of our gate and the driver stood leaning on the hood of the car. He held a phone to his ear like he was talking to somebody.

 

 I immediately missed those days when I used to talk to Ryo-chan on the phone.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Yamada’s P.O.V.

 

 “Hai… hai… Hontou ni arigatou!!” I said as I thanked Takaki-san for renting the whole clubhouse.

 

 “They’re entering already. Bye.” Takaki-san said from the other line.

 

 “Thank you again!” I said as I hung up.

 

 I looked around me and I just help but smile. In every bush of plants in the garden of this clubhouse was inserted the product of my and Kisa-chan’s hardwork yesterday.

 

 Our backs both hurt and we both had stiff neck.

 

 Now all I have to do is wait for her.

 

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Aya’s P.O.V.

 

 “And why do I have to wear a blindfold?!??” I protested as the ever-so-familiar-looking-handsome-driver tried to put a blindfold on my eyes.

 

 “Just agree with it!!!” Kisa-chan shouted at me.

 

 “Hai, hai.” I agreed. Wow. I never knew she could be THIS compelling.

 

 After I put on the blindfold myself, she pushed me out of the vehicle, making me stumble but I managed to stand up straight.

 

 “Don’t remove that blindfold or else I’ll kill you!” she yelled violently.

 

 Again, I felt compelled to obey her so I didn’t remove my blindfold.

 

 I heard the sound of a car speeding its way away from me.

 

 “Oi, chotto!!!!” I shouted but it was too late. I guess they left already.

 

 If she doesn’t come back in a minute, I’ll take this blindfold off. I started counting. Ichi, ni, san…

 

 *phone rings*

 

 Holy Shshhsjyegejw!!!! I almost fell in surprise.

 

 I managed to get and answer my phone with my blindfold still on.

 

 “Moshi moshi?” I said, answering my phone.

 

 “Aya-chan.”

 

 “Ryo-chan?” I said in disbelief. He’s calling me again.

 

 “Un. Gomen for not calling you in a long while.”

 

 “I-it’s fine.” I managed.

 

 “Can we play a game then?”

 

 “Ha? Eh? Chotto…”

 

 “If you said no, I wouldn’t call again. EVER.” He threatened. And it DID sound threatening to me. I know Kisa-chan and he likes each other. But what’s bad in just being friends with him right?

 

 “Game.” I replied.

 

 “Do as I say.” He said.

 

 “Hai.” I answered.

 

 “Take eleven steps forward,” he paused as if he was giving me time to do so then he spoke again, “five steps to the left, seven forward…*pause*…four to the right…”

 

 “What exactly are you trying to do?” I asked.

 

 “Eight steps forward.” He said, ignoring my question. But I still did as he said.

 

 At the last step I took, I felt a small amount of warm air near the tip of my nose like it’s a person’s breath. I came up with the ‘human breath’ concept because warm air in such a cold temperature is almost impossible, right?

 

 “Remove your blindfold.” Ryo-chan said. More warm air came to me. As soon as he said that, I knew that he knew where I am.

 

 I removed the cover in my eyes, revealing a smiling Ryosuke Yamada in front of me, his right hand put his phone in his pocket while his left hand held something behind his back, which made me curious.

 

 I looked at my surroundings. There are pink roses everywhere…even in the bushes. Beautiful pink flowers surrounded us. I stared at the nearest one and saw that it is made out of paper…PAPER??

 

 “Aya-chan…” Ryo-chan finally said.

 

 He removed his left hand from its hiding, revealing that he was holding one stem of a pink paper rose. He looked at me and gave the rose to me.

 

 “Please be my girlfriend.”