Let's Meet

Call Me Maybe

 

[Author’s Note: Please don’t forget that Aya is forgetful, ne?]

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Aya’s P.O.V.

 

Nighttime…

 

 “How would you react if someone has bumped into you and didn’t even care to say sorry and just walked away?” Yama-buta asked from the other line.

 

 “Well of course I’ll get angry. Nande?” I replied.

 

 “Betsuni. It’s just that there’s this girl that ran into me and didn’t even care to say sorry.”

 

 “Hontou?” I said, getting interested. “What did you do?”

 

 “Well I called her attention but she just walked away.”

 

 “Now that’s really rude. I guess even ruder than I am. Have you seen her face? Do you remember her?”

 

 “Yeah. Why?”

 

 “The next time you see her, you should demand her apologies.”

 

 “Wouldn’t that be bad?”

 

 “Of course not!” I said as I sat up on my bed, “She bumped you so she has to apologize!”

 

 “Whoa, whoa, whoa… you’re already yelling at me you know.” He said, “You’re getting carried away again Sakura-chan.”

 

 “I’m not getting carried away!” I protested, “And how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that you Yama-buta?!?”

 

 “Okay, okay. Calm down Sakura-chan… jeez. You’re at it again.”

 

 I sighed. I said no more ‘Sakura-chans’ but this guy really won’t obey me. He’s just so stubborn.

 

 “Fine.” I said.

 

 “Should we change the topic then?” he suggested.

 

 “Good idea.” I answered.

 

 “Ano…” he said, and I think that he’s kind of nervous.

 

 He didn’t speak for long.

 

 “Ryo-chan?” I asked.

 

 “Can we meet up tomorrow?” he said with a shaky voice.

 

 “A meet up?!?” I exclaimed. Whoa, whoa, whoa… Yes I am comfortable talking with him on the phone but still, having a meet up with him is kind of awkward. Like, you know, we haven’t even met. Huh? That’s the point of a meet up right?

 

 “Well, if you don’t want to then it’s fine with me.” He replied with a down tone.

 

 “Ah, ano.. Iie! Daijobou desu.” I hesitantly said. “I’m free tomorrow so…”

 

 “Hontou?!” he said. From the tone of his voice, I could tell that he’s excited. “Do you know the arcade near the Hoshii subdivision?”

 

 “Yeah.”

 

 “Let’s meet there at two in the afternoon.” He said, “Are you fine with that? Isn’t the place too far from yours?”

 

 “Iie. Actually, I live in Hoshii subdivision.”

 

 “Really?!? I live there too!”

 

 “Oh, wow. We really should meet up.” I said.

 

 “So… ja aa?”

 

 “Hai. Ja.” I said then hung up.

 

____________________________________________________________

The next day in the afternoon….

____________________________________________________________

 

 Hair? Done. Powder? Done. Outfit? Gosh.

 

 This is the first time in my life that I’m wearing a skirt. Actually, I didn’t intend to wear this thing but Kisa-chan insisted so much. Of course I opposed her but then when I was taking a bath, she wetted all my pants so I had no choice but to borrow this frilly pink thing from her.

 

 She said that this is my first ‘date’ so I have to look good but really, this isn’t a date. It’s just a meet up!

 

 “I told you it’s not a date!” I said, almost yelling. “It’s just a friendly first meeting between us two. We’ll go to the arcade to have fun and perhaps eat outside!”

 

 “But you’re a girl and he’s a boy! That’s a date you baka!” she said.

 

 “Whatever Kisa-chan. I’m going.” I said as I took my bag and left with the door open.

 

 “Ogenki!!” Kisa-chan shouted as I exited the gate.

 

 “Hai!!!” I shouted back.

_______________________________________________________________

 

Yamada’s P.O.V.

 

 After a week of late-night talks on the phone, I’m finally meeting her. I really wonder what she’s like in person. Judging from a week of talking on the phone with her, I guess she’s a really nice girl.

 

 I wonder if she’ll like me. Well, not THAT kind of ‘like’. I mean, will I befriend her? AHHH…why so nervous Ryosuke?!?

 

 Once I was done preparing myself, I left my house. Yep, MY house. Oka-chan and Oto-chan are just too busy working overseas to be here.

 

 I was about to exit our subdivision when a girl bumped into me.

 

Oh, WHOA.

 

 “You again?!? Stop bumping into me, will you?” I said as I looked at her.

 

 She was dressed up like she was going to a date. She has a gray cardigan over her white tank top and wore an above-the-knees frilly pink skirt.