What did they do??!?!

Call Me Maybe

 

 Aya’s P.O.V.

 

 Kisa-chan arrived earlier than as expected. She dropped her shopping bags on the floor, which was A MIRACLE because she would usually go straight to her room to try on the new outfits that she had bought.

 

 “Yama-chan??” she said as she stared at Buta boy.

 

 “Kisa…” Yamada said, almost whispering, like he was entranced.

 

 “You guys know each other?!” I blurted out the question in my head.

 

 “Yeah. He’s my classmate way back in junior high school.” Kisa-chan answered me but she was still looking at Ryo-chan.

 

******************

 That afternoon Ryo-chan left almost immediately as Kisa arrived. After Ryo had left, Kisa-chan and I had a talk about things.

 

 She told me that Yama-buta was her former classmate and they belonged in the same circle of friends and they were really close with each other. I didn’t know that because Kisa-chan and I weren’t from the same school, but we were neighbors though.

 

 Kisa-chan also told me about the things that they used to do together, with their friends, of course. And, she also told me that on the last day of junior high, Ryo-chan confessed to her but she didn’t answer…

 

*******************

 Ryo-chan went to our house everyday starting the day after when he found out that my Kisa is the same as his Kisa. It’s been two weeks now that he’s going here.

 

 He would always go here for Kisa-chan I guess, which was a bit disappointing to me…but WHY??

 

 He still called me on the phone sometimes during the night…then he barely called me…then he stopped.

 

 I was hurt. It’s like I just played somebody’s toy and now that somebody is already getting her toy back from me. But of course, a toy is not how I view Ryo-chan.

 

 Ryo-chan somehow grew a bit closer with me. JUST A BIT. He’s been strangely kind to me lately even though he stopped calling me on the phone during nighttime. But I decided to restrain myself from mistaking his kindness for something else.

 

 I know he’s here for Kisa-chan and for Kisa-chan ONLY.

 

 NOT FOR ME.

 

 Ryo-chan likes her. I like him. But I guess Kisa likes him too.

 

 Who am I to stand in the middle and intrude?

 

The truth hurts like hell, yes. But I’ll have to accept it.

 

************************************************************************************

 A week later…

 

*knock on the door*

 

 “Oh, Yama-buta!” I said as I opened the door for him, trying a fake smile on.

 

 “Kisa-chan wa?” he said as he stepped inside, ignoring my greeting. His hands were at his back, like he was holding something.

 

 “She’s upsta—” I said, but just then I saw Kisa-chan climbing down the stairs. “Oh, there she is.” I pointed at her.

 

 Once Yamada saw Kisa-chan, he showed to the front what he was holding behind his back.

 

 As I saw what it is, I got mixed emotions. All of them are negative. I was horribly hurt, tremendously shocked, and a whole bunch of other feelings that even curse words won’t describe. This is the first time Yama-buta brought THAT kind of thing here.

 

 “Here.” Ryo-chan said as he handed the bouquet of roses to Kisa-chan.

 

 To me, this is a really painful sight to see. But…chotto… are those paper roses?

 

 “Handmade?” Kisa-chan voiced my question.

 

 “Un.” Ryosuke answered with a proud puppy look on his face.

 

 “Wow!!!” Kisa exclaimed loudly. “Ikuzo?”

 

 “Hai.” Ryo-chan nodded.

 

 They both went upstairs. HEHH??? What are they GOING TO DO up there?!!??

 

 I also went upstairs as soon as I heard Kisa’s door slam close. Honestly, this is really NOT MY DOING but my curiosity won me over.

 

 I leaned my ear on Kisa-chan’s door.

 

 “Would this do?” I heard Yama-chan ask. I don’t know what he was talking about, maybe about his handmade flowers.

 

 “Of course!” Kisa-chan answered, “You are sooooo sweet!!!!!”

 

 OUCH. My chest. OUCH.

 

 “But…” Kisa said, “This part is kinda ugly.”

 

 “Then teach me again, ne? And let’s do some more.” Yama-chan replied.

 

 TEACH HIM AGAIN??!?? AND DO SOME OF WHAT MORE????!???!?!!!!?

I went to my room. I don’t want to eavesdrop on something like THAT. It’s not my business. And it definitely is not my thing.

 

 I flopped down on my bed. Tears uncontrollably rolled down on my cheeks. I wiped them. Then more kept coming. I wiped them again. Even MORE came out.

 

 I was so infuriated with myself. I don’t want to cry at a time like this. I should be happy for my best friend. I cried because I was crying.

 

*************************************************************

 A few hours had passed and they came out already.

 

 “Aa! Ne?” Ryo-chan asked Kisa-chan as he stepped outside the gate.

 

 Kisa-chan just answered him by giving a thumbs up sign and a wide grin on her face.

 

 “Dinner?” I asked Kisa.

 

 “Nah…I’m sooooo tired. I’m going to sleep already.” She said as she yawned and stretched her arms.

 

 “Eh? It’s only 6:30pm!”

 

 “So what? I’m sleepy.” She replied as she went upstairs.

 

 That was rude. The first ever rudeness Kisa-chan had showed me. Is she trying to steal my rudeness too?

 

 I sat down on the couch and covered my eyes with my hands because I was already crying. Kisa took Ryo from me. And Ryo took Kisa from me. Great. Just damn great.

 

 And she said she’s soooo tired?? What DID THEY DO in there really?