The Beginning/Prologue

Stupid Me

 

(Dane’s Point of View)

I always go to club with my friends once a week at night. One night, my friends couldn’t make it so I called Chan Yeol to go with me to a night club.

“Why do you want to be here?” Chan Yeol asked.

“Because I want to have fun,” I smiled.

Chan Yeol and I started drinking together. I’m not really a heavy drinker like him but I tried to stay awake as long as possible just to be with him.

(Chan Yeol’s Point of View)

One night, Dane asked me to go out with her to a night club. At first, I was hesitant bit I agreed later on since I don’t want to disappoint her.

“Why do you want to be here?” I asked.

“Because I want to have fun,” she smiled at me.

We started drinking after ordering our drinks and I suddenly remembered that Dane was not a heavy drinker.

“You know what,” Dane started talking. “I don’t even know what to do with Kai. I mean, we keep on fighting and fighting but never solve any of those fights.”

Dane was drunk already. Whenever she talks of our friend Kai, who is her boyfriend, my heart was breaking into pieces but I couldn’t do anything to steal her from him because I know that it was wrong.

“I know that he cheated on me once and I forgive him for that but I don’t know what changed. I don’t know what he wants anymore. Our relationship isn’t the way it was anymore,” Dane complained.

I just kept on drinking while she let out her feelings.

“The more he does that, the more that my feelings for him is falling out,” she said.

“But you’re not in love with someone else are you?” I gulped my drink.

(Dane’s Point of View)

I let my feelings out on Chan Yeol but he doesn’t know that even though I still love Kai, I loved him already more than as best friends. But at that time, I didn’t know that I’m already knocked out from drinking as well.

“But you’re not…” I didn’t heard Chan Yeol anymore for I fell asleep.

I just hummed to give him the answer to his question.

(Chan Yeol’s Point of View)

“Nugu?” I asked as I whispered.

“Neo…” Dane sighed.

“Mwo?” I asked for I didn’t hear it clearly.

“Hmmm…” she hummed.

“Yah…Dane! Are you still awake?” I asked as I shake her.

She’s not answering anymore for she fell asleep already.

“Chinchayo…” I chuckled.

I set her strands of hair aside to see her face.

“Kyuwoni…” I whispered as I smiled.

I carried her on my way back and took her home to her apartment. As we reached there, I forgot that I didn’t know her apartment’s password.

“What’s her password?” I asked myself.

I tried her birthday as her password, Kai and her monthsary, Kai’s birthday and her friends’ birthday but none of them worked.

“Chan Yeol-ah…” she hummed my name.

I tried to encode her name as her password and it worked. Why is she keeping my birthday as her password? I went inside her apartment and laid her down on her bed. Although I wasn’t drunk totally, I watched her sleep closely but I couldn’t stop myself from falling for her and started kissing her all over her face slowly. Although she was unconscious, I know that she can feel my kisses. She slowly opened her eyes after I kissed her lips.

(Dane’s Point of View)

When I woke up, I was in my bed room already covered with a blanket. As I took it off, I was already. Is it a dream or did it really happened? But there’s no trace that someone was with me last night…

The feeling that I should feel with the one I loved. A lie that can never be true and a reality that can only be a fantasy. Both real and both fake. True feelings that cannot be revealed forever.