Tragedy...

Stupid Me

 

Both of them were happy. They don’t even want the day to end. They both wished that time would stop for them. If only time could be turned back so that their happiness could last forever. Not just as best friends, but as real lovers. Real lovers that might even get a family and see their children grew up.

But everything was shattered. With their feelings unknown to each other. They both felt the love in their hearts but never known by one another. A love that could make them one. An everlasting love. A God given love that could become eternal. But that love had now turned into dust, gone with the wind.

One could leave while the other could stay. One could possibly say the truth while one could possibly hide it. Soon everything will come to an end and both of them will soon be unhappy, grieving, suffering. But neither one of them could accept the truth, the only fact…

“Can you promise me something?” Chan Yeol asked.

“Anything,” Dane replied.

“Promise me that you’ll be happy, that you’ll be strong, that you’ll move on as life goes on,” Chan Yeol said. “Promise me.”

Chan Yeol looked serious as he uttered those words. The words that he wanted to be turned into actions from Dane.

“I will,” Dane responded whole hearted.

“I’m glad to hear it…” Chan Yeol smiled to Dane.

As they reached Dane’s apartment, Chan Yeol wasn’t still leaving.

“Aren't you going home? Your mother might be looking for you,” Dane got worried.

“Ani…I already told her that I’ll be with you,” Chan Yeol answered.

“It’s already late. Why not sleep for a night here with me?” Dane invited him inside.

“That would be a great idea,” Chan Yeol said as he gladly accepted Dane’s offer.

Both of them went in. Like before, Chan Yeol was beside Dane. He was hugging her from her back.

“Goodnight Dane,” Chan Yeol whispered.

“Goodnight Chan Yeol-ah,” Dane said.

Chan Yeol wasn’t sleeping. He was inhaling the scent of Dane. He was also touching every inch of her skin. He was intertwining his hand from hers. He was crying silently. He didn’t want Dane to know. He loved her so much the way that Dane loved him.

“If only I could turn back time, I would tell you how much I love you,” Chan Yeol thought as his tears fell continuously.

Chan Yeol wasn’t the only one who was crying that time, Dane as well. Her grip on Chan Yeol’s hand was  getting tighter. She wanted to treasure that very moment with him. She wanted him to feel her love for him. Her everlasting love for him.

Both of them were crying because of love. But fate didn’t let them to be together. Even though they both wanted to, they couldn’t. Their love was tragic. So tragic that both of them needed to sacrifice everything they had for one another.

If only they would be given a day, a day to be together and feel each other’s love. Only a day would be enough to express their feelings towards each other. A day with just the two of them. A day without disturbance. An everlasting day. A day that no seconds and hours. A day to treasure each other in both arms. A day where love evolves and where there’s no hurt or sorrow.

Chan Yeol was still sleeping as Dane woke up. She was caressing Chan Yeol’s hair. Those curly red hair he had. That cute baby face that made her fell in love. The goodness in his heart that captured her. His sweet words that changed her world. She loved everything about him.

“Neol saranghae…” Dane mouthed as she touched Chan Yeol’s gentle face who was in a deep sleep.

As Chan Yeol slowly opened his eyes, he saw Dane looking at her. Her eyes full of love which he didn’t know.

“Good morning,” Chan Yeol said as he smiled to make her day bright.

“Good morning,” Dane replied with a smiling eyes.

Chan Yeol stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom to wash his face while Dane went to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast. As Chan Yeol looked at the mirror, he became sad again knowing the fact that everything will soon be gone and turned into a memory, JUST a memory.

He took a bath after, he saw some men’s clothes and wore it. He knew that it wasn’t Dane’s but it was her father’s who just passed away a month ago.

“Oh…you wore it…” Dane said as she looked at Chan Yeol. “…and it was a perfect fit.”

Dane was somehow sad and happy. That shirt and the jeans that Chan Yeol was wearing was her father’s favorite clothes to wear. Those things was her present for her father before he died.

“Does it look fine on me?” Chan Yeol asked.

Dane nodded and went back to what she was doing. She placed the plates on the table and so as the food. Chan Yeol sat down and inhaled the scent of the food.

“Hhhmmm…it smells good,” Chan Yeol complimented.

“I cooked our usual dish,” Dane said as she placed the last dish.

“Omo…you cooked bulgogi!” Chan Yeol felt happy as he looked at the last dished being placed. “For sure this one was good as ever.”

Chan Yeol intertwined his hands as he bit his lower lip in excitement. Dane took her seat and they started eating to together. Happiness was felt in their presence but behind it was the sadness because of their unknown feelings.

Dane cleaned the dishes after they eat. Then she took a bath to go to work already. Chan Yeol was in the bed room looking at the window because of the beautiful scenery outside.

“Chan Yeol-ah, I’ll be going now,” Dane said as she finished preparing and ready to take off.

“Ara…I’ll wait for you here when you got back home,” Chan Yeol said and gave Dane a hug.

“Waeyo? Is there something you wanted to tell me?” Dane asked as Chan Yeol didn’t let her go.

“Ani…I just want to hug you. It’s been a while since I haven’t done this,” Chan Yeol said.

Yes, it’s been a while since he hadn’t hugged Dane. People used to mistake them as a couple because of their closeness and sweetness towards each other. Even their parents mistook them like that. Whenever people asked if they were in a relationship, they would simply laugh and say no for an answer.

Come back early ok,” Chan Yeol said as he broke the hug.

“I will,” Dane said and kissed Chan Yeol on his cheek and bid goodbye to him as she walked to the door.

His days were gone already. One more and everything will changed. He was starting to see a bright light but he didn’t want to go yet. He wanted to finish everything before he go. He wanted Dane to know his true feelings towards her so he could go happily.

“Dane, have you finish the files that I’ve given you already?” Liz asked.

“Ne,” Dane replied. “…here.” Dane took out the files from her bag and handed it to Liz.

“Have you heard already?” Liz asked.

“Heard what?” Dane asked.

“Liz, the manager want you in her office now,” the secretary said.

“I’ll tell you later,” Liz said.

“Arasso,” Dane said and continued her work.

Dane was closer to the truth, he truth that she may not even accept. She was the only one who didn’t know the truth for everyone knew that she wouldn’t take to accept that huge fact. The fact that might even change her whole life.

“Channie, I’m home!” Dane said as she took off her shoes from the doorstep.

As she walked inside, it was dark but only candle lights can be seen. It looked romantic and there was a given way. She followed the given candle lights way and it took her to the rooftop.

“What’s going on?” she looked around and saw the stars so bright on the sky.

“It’s your birthday remember?” Chan Yeol’s voice was heard.

Dane got startled from what she had found out. She already forgot that it was her birthday. If Chan Yeol wouldn’t even tell her, she wouldn’t know or remember it.

“I forgot…” Dane got shocked.

“You’re kidding right?” Chan Yeol giggled.

“Ani…I really did,” Dane said. “I must be pre-occupied a lot these past days.” she said.

“Well that’s fine. Take a seat over here. I prepared a supper for the two of us,” Chan Yeol said as he pulled a seat for Dane.

Dane got closer and sat on the chair where Chan Yeol pulled for her. Opposite to hers was Chan Yeol’s seat. Now, they were facing each other.