Miracle/Epilogue...

Stupid Me

(Dane’s Point of View)

Two more days and the baby was ready to come out. I was standing at the window still looking for all the answers. I hope that Chan Yeol’s mother was right. I kept the baby safe for it was the right thing to do. It was near dawn dusk. I wanted to see the city lights like Chan Yeol and I did that night. But instead of seeing city light, I saw him with white wings. He’s an angel already.

I looked at him as he landed and faced me. I was happy from that moment. He touched my cheeks and I could still feel him. As he came near me, he touched my huge stomach gently. As I looked from my stomach to him, I was surprised that he was smiling. His warm and gentle smile. I then realized everything, everything that his mother said. What she said about THAT miracle. It was really a MIRACLE.

This baby that I’m carrying and was about to come out was his own flesh and blood just like mine as well. Yes, Chan Yeol was the father of my child. I didn’t know how it happened but I was sure about one thing. THE KISS THAT HE GAVE ME FROM THAT DAY. The kiss that told me to believe in him. The kiss that changed my whole life. The kiss the gave me new hope. THE KISS THAT TOLD US THAT OUR LOVE WAS REALLY ETERNAL AND TRUE.

One first and true kiss that made everything possible, that made this miracle became a real miracle. Our love for each other that once became tragic and in vain had now turned into a beautiful blossoming flowers and fruits. And when the time comes, it’ll be ripen and pure like our love for each other.

“Umma, look what I found,” Yeo Di, was the name I named our son.

It’s been five years since Yeo Di was born. He was the fruit of our love and now he looked just like Chan Yeol.

Yeo Di was playing near the flowers while I was reading a book under a tree. He gave me the flowers that he picked up and played with his friends. I closed the book that I was reading for I want to savor the beautiful day.

“I wish that you’re here with me,” I murmured to myself.

As I looked around, i saw a young girl who was kind of lost. I stood up from where I was sitting and slowly went towards her. As I knelt down in front of her, the young girl was crying. I think she was in the same age as my son.

“Appa…” the young girl cried, more like a whisper.

“Where’s your father sweetie?” I asked the young girl.

“Mollayo,” she answered back as she wiped her tears.

“Do you want me to help you look for him?” I asked the young girl and she nodded.

“Appa…” the young girl called but she was weak too say it out loud.

“What’s your name dear?” I asked the young girl.

“Lae An, Hyo Lae An,” the girl said.

“What a beautiful name you have,” I wiped her tears. “A beautiful girl like you shouldn’t be crying.”

I looked at her even closer and I noticed something. She…looked…just like…me…like when…I…was…young…

“How old are you Lae An?” I asked her.

“Yo-sot (six),” the girl said.

“The same age as my son…” I murmured.

“Lae An…” I heard a man’s voice calling for this young girl’s name.

It somehow sounded familiar. My heart started to beat fast and I didn’t know why.

“Lae An…!” the husky voiced man was getting closer.

“Appa…” the young girl started running away from me.

I followed my gaze on the young girl’s back.

“Umma, who is that?” Yeo Di asked as he got closer to me.

“Aniyo…that girl was just lost so I helped her find her dad,” I told my son.

“Did she find her appa, umma?” Yeo Di asked.

“Ne…there’s nothing to worry about,” I offered my hand to my son and he gladly took it.

“Agassi,” I heard the husky voice came closer.

“Ne?” as I turned around, I was surprised for I couldn’t believe it.

We both looked surprise for a moment but I composed myself.

He looked really like him…but it’s impossible…is this the miracle that Mrs. Park was talking about or this one that I’m holding right now? But there’s something else she told me…

“Two things could happen when you found out everything. That child might be his but there’s also a possibility that you might see him again. But if you do, it’s his another life. He won't remember anything about you anymore when that happens but the contact of true love might rise and drive him to his past memories,” that was the last words she told after she died after I gave birth to Yeo Di.

“I just want to thank you from bringing back my child,” Chan Yeol’s looked alike said.

“It’s not a problem. A beautiful girl like her shouldn’t be alone. She should be taken care of,” as I looked into his eyes, I saw a spark.

Could it be…that he’s…him?

“May I ask for your name?” he asked.

“I'm Dane, Park Dane,” I said.

“What a beautiful name but it sounded familiar. I just couldn’t remember where I heard that name,” he said.

It was his new life…

“I’m Kyun Joong, Hyo Kyun Joong,” he reached for my hand and I shook it for it was our first meeting.

He didn’t take off his hand from my hand. He examined me even more but he slid his hand slowly. The spark in his eyes was starting to blink a few more and I didn’t even know why? Could it be possible?