Soon Will Be Over...

Stupid Me

 

(Chan Yeol’s Point of View)

Days were starting to pass one by one. Although I still don’t want to go, I have to when the time comes for me. I was beside Dane. I watched her all night as she went to sleep. She looked peaceful and it made me smile. She’s really beautiful…I caressed her hair and her face.

“Things will gonna be fine, I promise,” I whispered.

She moved but she was still asleep.

“So where do you want to go?” I asked Dane.

It was already morning and we just walked until we reached the park.

“I don’t know…where do you wanna go?” she asked me.

“Dane-ah,” a familiar voice caught my attention.

Both of us looked at the familiar voice., it was Jong In, the one that broke Dane’s heart.

“I just want to…”

“It’s over Jong In,” Dane finally utter the words I thought I would never hear from her.

She loved Jong In so much that I never thought that she wouldn’t have the courage to break up with him.

“Mwo?” Jong In got shocked. “Jaebal…”

“We’re done and its final,” Dane said as she stood up. “Come on Chan Yeol, let’s go somewhere fun.”

She offered her hand to me and I gladly took it. We left Jong In standing alone. He was dumbstruck and I’m happy to see him like. It was his lost since he just took Dane for granted. I hope he realized that Dane wasn’t just a girl, she was more than that…

“Do you want to go shopping?” I asked her.

“What are we going to buy?” she asked me.

“I don’t know…anything you want,” I smiled to her.

She giggled a little but shook her head.

“This is enough for me,” she showed me the ring that I gave her on her eighteenth birthday.

“You still have it,” I felt happier.

“I never took it off you know,” she smiled to me.

She was happy that time and I felt her happiness. Her happiness made me happy as well.

“I never took it off even though Jong In want me to,” she told me.

“Why did he want you to take it off?” I curiously asked.

“He said that I look like, like I’m engage to someone,” she thought out loud.

Well I hope you are…to me…

(Dane’s Point of View)

Chan Yeol made me happy this day. Although it hurt me so much to break up with Jong In, I endured it because of him. We went next to the mall and we started to look around.

“Do you want to go shopping?” Chan Yeol asked me.

“What are we going to buy?” I asked him.

“I don’t know…anything you want,” he smiled to me.

I giggled a little but I shook my head.

“This is enough for me,” I showed him the ring he gave me on my eighteenth birthday.

“You still have it,” he felt happy.

“I never took it off you know,” I smiled to him.

I was happy and I was hoping that Chan Yeol felt how happy I was that time.

“I never took it off even though Jong In want me to,” I told him.

“Why did he want you to take it off?” he asked.

“He said that I look like, like I’m engage to someone,” I thought out loud.

If only he knew that I want him to be my one and only…

“But did you take it off just for once?” he asked like he wanted to know if I took it or not.

“Aniyo…I never did even though he asked a million times already,” I smiled as I looked away.

I caught him smiling. I guess he was happy with my answer. But honestly, I never really took it because it was his gift to me. He was my first in everything but he never became my boyfriend…

“Maybe I treasured our friendship too much than being lovers…” I thought.

(Chan Yeol’s Point of View)

“Because I know that we won't even last when we became lovers…” I thought.

Both of us fell into silence for a moment. We still held each other’s hands and I felt that it’s getting tighter. I looked at our hands while Dane was looking away.

“Dane, don’t you know that I have the other pair of that ring?” I broke the silence between us.

“Jinjja?” she looked surprise.

I showed her my left hand where the ring was on my ring finger.

“Oh…it’s really there,” she felt happy.

“It’s our only ring,” I told her.

We both looked at our opposite hands where our rings were put on. We looked like a couple and it made me even happier. I hope this day never ends…