Birthday Present...

Stupid Me

(Chan Yeol’s Point of View)

As Dane left, I almost forgot that her birthday was today so I made an effort. I checked the rooftop if it was the perfect place to deliver my last present to her. I wanted it to be special so I thought of something.

“What will I do?” I asked myself as I looked at the rooftop’s place.

It was kind of spacy and I tried to imagine how I would make it beautiful.

“I think I know how to make it perfect,” I told to myself and started cleaning things up.

It took me hours to make it beautiful but it was worth it. I placed the dining area near the edge of the rooftop where city lights can be seen. I put some flowers on the ground and made it a garden. Then, I put the candle lights on the way to see the beauty of my masterpiece, the landscape I made.

Everything was perfect and went well in my plan. This was also my last day and I need to tell her everything now.

“What’s going on?” the first question she asked as she looked around and looked up in the sky.

I can't believe she forgot her own birthday…

“It’s your birthday remember?” I said as she looked at me as she heard my voice.

Dane thought deep as she looked from the ground.

“I forgot,” Dane got shocked.

“You’re kidding right?” I giggled.

“Ani…I really did,” Dane said. “I must be pre-occupied a lot these past days.” she said.

“Well that’s fine. Take a seat over here. I prepared a supper for the two of us,” I said as I pulled a seat for her.

She took her seat and placed her bag down while I went to my seat opposite to hers.

“Who prepared all of these?” she asked.

“Who do you think?” I asked her.

“Since when did you manage to do something like this?” she asked like she couldn’t even believe that it was me who did it.

“Yah! You’re belittling me so much,” I pouted my lips.

“Ani…I’m just joking,” she said. “It’s beautiful and I liked it.”

“Kamsa…” I smiled. “Let’s eat.”

She nodded and we started eating roasted chicken. Then we ate our dessert, the fruit salad.

“I can't believe that you prepared all of these,” she repeated.

“Don’t worry if I have time I will…” I lost my words.

Right…I won't be able to do this again to her…I almost forgot…this was the last gift that I’ll be giving to her…

“You will what?” she asked cutting my thoughts.

“Nothing…” I said as I finished eating. “Let me take your plate.”

She gave me her plate since she was done eating as well. I placed the plates on the dishwasher and went back to the rooftop. I caught Dane looking at the city lights. Her thoughts were nowhere to be found. I wonder why…

I looked down on my shoes and moved closer to her. She was a little bit startled when I moved my hands on her waist and started hugging her.

“Wae?” she asked as I rest my chin on her shoulder.

“Ani…” I sighed.

She turned around to me and looked me in my eyes. Our eyes met and got locked for a few moments.  I gave her a smile after that. I cupped her cheek and started moving my thumb on her face going to her lips.

“Is there something you want to tell me?” Dane asked me.

I picked something from my pocket and held a small box. I showed it to her and looked at her again.

“What’s that?” she asked as she looked at me.

I opened the box and she was surprised to see a necklace inside of it.

“Is this for me?” she asked again and I nodded.

“Do you want to wear it?” she smiled and turned around.

She held her hair up and I locked the necklace on her neck. As she turned around I touched the locket for the last time.

“You’re beautiful,” I said for the last time.

She really is beautiful. She’s my everything and I want her to know that…

(Dane’s Point of View)

I felt Chan Yeol cupped my cheeks again. He then kissed me tenderly. His soft wet lips touched with mine completely.

“I love you Dane. I’ll always will,” Chan Yeol said.

As I woke up, I was already on my bed, lying. It was morning already and I didn’t know. Luckily its weekend and I have nothing to do.

“It was a dream, I guess,” I said to myself.

As I looked around, I couldn’t find Chan Yeol. When I went to the rooftop, I was surprised that the landscape that Chan Yeol made was still there. I didn’t know that I’m smiling already.

“So it wasn’t a dream,” I said to myself again.

I called Chan Yeol but he wasn’t picking up his phone. I wonder why… so I called my friend Liz if she knew where Chan Yeol was.