Lies...

Stupid Me

 

(Chan Yeol’s Point of View)

“Hey where are you going?” my hyung asked me but I already left.

I didn’t give them my answer for leaving all of a sudden, after knowing the whole truth.

Why does he need to be such a jerk all the time? Just playing with her feelings? Doesn’t he know how lucky he is to have her in his life? He should be grateful and thankful for giving him such an angel in his life!

I left all of a sudden to find my best friend. I went to some places where she usually goes but I got zero result.

Where could she be?

I pull out my phone in my pocket and looked for her number to call it.

Pick it up…pick it up…

“Yeobeosaeyo?” she finally answered.

“Dane, where are you?” I asked her.

“I’m at the club why?” she answered loudly for me to hear.

“Which club?” I asked loudly so she would hear me.

“At the Burlesque,” she said.

I quickly hang up and went to the club where she is. After thirty minutes of running, I reached my destination.

The club was so crowded and I find it difficult to find her. Luckily, I found one of her friends there dancing on the dance floor.

“Liz, where’s Dane?” I asked the girl dancing in front of me.

“She just left a few minutes ago,” Liz said and turned around from me.

! Where is she going now? I need to talk to her. She needs to know the truth now.

(Dane’s Point of View)

I got out of the club earlier since I want to be with my boyfriend. I changed my plan all of a sudden since I want to surprise him. My original plan was to stay for a night in my friend’s house, Liz. But I told her that I’ll postpone the plan for tonight since I want to be there for my boyfriend.

“Why did Chan Yeol call me all of a sudden?” I thought as I kept walking going to my boyfriend’s apartment.

As I reached his apartment, I pressed the code and the door automatically unlocked.

“Babe… I’m…” I lost my words when I saw a girl in front of me and she’s only wearing a towel to cover her body.

“You know what, we should do this often. You’re really great,” I heard my boyfriend’s voice in the bedroom.

The girl was looking at me in a shocked way the same way I looked at her.

“Babe…” she looked at the girl and looked at my way.

He was shocked to see me.

Well this is unexpected…I didn’t know that he’s doing this behind my back…it hurts me to believe the truth…

“Oh !” he cursed.

He was only wearing his boxer shorts. He’s topless and his hair was in a complete mess.

I walked out of the apartment immediately.

“Dane, wait!” I heard him shot but I didn’t stop from running away.

“Whoah! Hey,” a guy caught me in his arms and I felt relieved to see my best friend.

“Chan Yeol ah…” tears fall from my eyes from that moment.

I couldn’t hide it…I couldn’t suppress it for it hurts me like someone put the knife in my chest.

“Yah, you ok?” he asked all of a sudden and we started walking while his arms were still around me.

We ended up being in the park. He gave me a drink just to make me feel better.

“What happened?” he broke the silence between us.

“Did you know that he’s cheating on me?” I asked straight.

“I was gonna tell you that’s why I called you earlier,” he started. “Liz said you left the club and I don’t know where to find you.”

He explained to me.

So he knew…

“I’m so stupid am I?” I laughed off before crying again.

“Not at all…you just didn’t know him too well,” Chan Yeol said.

At least I have a best friend that comforts me every time I’m down…If only I could wish…Wish that he’s the one…The one who could love me eternally…

(Chan Yeol’s Point of View)

You just don’t know how much I love you…If only I could wish that you’ll be mine but I can't…

“So what are you going to do now?” I asked her.

“What I should have done a long time ago,” Dane said as she looked at me as she smiled.

“You’re going to…” I gulped before proceeding to what I was saying. “…break up with him?”

“Yes, I will,” she said as she wiped off her tears from her cheeks.

“Would you like me to by your side when you do that?” I asked.

“Ani…I want to do it by myself. I want to do it just for this time,” she said with dignity.

“Are you sure? What if you can't?” I kept contrasting her words.

“You know I can,” she gave me a warm smile.

That smile always made me feel easy whenever she made her mind already.

“Arasso,” I said as I cupped her right cheek.

She touched my hand where I cupped her cheek. At least she could still feel me…

“What’s the matter?” she saw my expression, my sad expression.

Instead of answering, I moved closer to her and kissed both of her eyes. She then closed her eyes and opened them again after I kissed her eyes.

“What was that for?” she asked.

“So you could remember that I’m always here for you,” I said as I smiled to her.

If only she knew…if only I could tell her…but I want her to find it out herself…would she cry because of me? would she curse me once she found out the truth? Would she still be the best friend I knew before?

“What do you mean?” she asked as she looked worried.

“Nothing. I just want you to remember me Dane. I want you to remember me forever,” I said as a tear fell from my eye.

“You sounded like you’re already saying goodbye to me,” she laughed off so she couldn’t cry.

“I’m not,” I hugged he tight and started crying as well.

“Chan Yeol-ah…” she said my name in a soft tone of her voice.

It sounded good. Her voice is so soft like an angel above. I wish that everything would last. I wish that I could be by her side forever. If only…