Close Call

Hitting on Lee Taemin

I watched with wide eyes, as the the bullet zoomed out of the gun towards the target, but missed him by a mere few inches.

DAMN IT!

My aim was absolutely horrible!

I looked up at the face of the mysterious stranger who had been chasing me, only to see his face change from a smirk, to an expression of pure anger. That's when it hit me. Why his face was so familiar.

Being a hit man, my father had many enemies. A lot of people wanted revenge on him. Those people were the few people who were the only ones who knew the identity of my father as the notorious assassin, who never got caught.But since they couldn't get him in jail,because not enough evidence was provided to prove him guilty of anything, they sought their revenge on him. This man had been part of the group of people who sought revenge on my father, for reasons only my dad knows. He had tried to kill my father once, but I had saved him, and that ended with that man in jail.

Ever since then, the man had changed his path from seeking revenge on my father, to seeking revenge on me. When my father had been around, he hadn't been able to get to me, but I guess that since word of my father's death had gotten around, it was time for him to finally make his appearance. So this was not good......................................................................................................................................at all.

I broke out into a run, scared for my life like I had never been before, not even as scared as when Mr.Park threatened me. But this guy, he gave me the shivers every time I looked into his eyes. He looked like he wouldn't even bat an eyelash before he decided to kill me. Whatever he wanted from me, it didn't seem good. Now I was being chased by him, and one little trip, would end it all for me. Everything would be over for me. My mission. My family. My life. All of it would be over, if this one man got to me. He would definitely kill me if he caught me.

Although Taemin's life would be saved, if I let this man kill me, a larger number of people would basically be killed on his behalf. Either way at least 1 person was killed.  All these thoughts ran through my head, as I ran out of breath and energy.

I felt runners fatigue begin to overcome me as we flew down the streets. The farther we ran, the more people began to show up on the streets. I began to push men and women out of the way, just to get through. I didn't even have time to apologize to them. I had to get away from from this man, and I had to get away fast. We neared an intersection, so when the roads met, I made a movement to go to the left, but turned to the right at the last moment. This only made the man stumble a bit, but he was still hot on my heels. It just put more distance between the two of us.

I looked back to see how far behind he was from me, which wasn't very far, but by the time I turned back around, I realized that I was headed for a wall, and to my horror it was only a few inches away. My reflexes didn't kick in on time, so it was already too late. I ran straight into a buildings wall. My face hit the wall with a loud thud, and down I went. My body hit the pavement, and I heard a loud crunch as my arm twirled behind my back, filling my whole arm with pain. Blood began to ooze down my nose from the impact of the hit on the wall.

I tried to stand back up, but before I could even sit up on my , I felt someone grab my hair and pull me up.

I screamed out in pain.

Twisting my head back to face him, using my hair, I saw that it was the guy who had been chasing me. Looks like he had finally caught up.

"Thought you could get away, huh?", he asked me, well more like roared to me. His voice was deep and masculine, just like Bang Yong Guk's.

When I didn't answer him, he said, "Well, games over, sweet pea. I waited so long to get my hands on you, and now that I have my chance I'm not letting you go until I'm done with you."

I felt a newfound surge of fear rip through me. My arm, I could now see was bent at an odd angle, and my nose was still throbbing from the pain.

He grabbed my hair once again, and pulled me up, but this time onto my feet, and led me into a nearby alley, where we were alone. The force of his pull on my hair brought tears to my eyes, and I let them flow. I cried. I cried not only over the fact that my life was over, but for everything in general.

My fathers death. My family's kidnapping. My mission. Taemin. All of it. I had managed to keep all my feelings pent up inside of me, but now that I knew I would most likely die in the next two minutes, I let it all out. Everything I had been feeling since my father's death.

I had my eyes closed. as the tears poured out, but all of the sudden I felt something cold an metallic press up against my throat. I opened my eyes to see what it was, to see the mysterious man holding a knife to my throat. Seeing the knife, I let out a yelp of fright, and began to thrash in his tight grasp. Since he had only been holding me by the hair, his grip easily loosened, giving me a chance for escape. But, I was too slow.

The tears that flowed through my eyes nonstop, blurred my vision, so by the time I realized that he had let me go, he had already gotten his arms around my waist, and my back pressed against his muscled chest. He brought the knife back up to my throat and pressed hard. I wanted to scream for help, but I knew that one word out of my mouth and I would be dead.

I looked up at him and mustered up all my courage and whispered, "Please let me go." Hearing my pleading words, that smirk slowly crept back onto his face. He was enjoying this. The sick bastard was having fun torturing me. Now this here is what you call mental issues.

"I'm sorry, but no can do. I've waited long enough to get my hands on you. Ever since that day you put me in jail, I've ben fantasizing about this moment. And now that I finally have you in my grasp, I'm not letting you go," he said to me, the smirk growing bigger by the second.

Since my back was pressed  up against his chest, his face was directly above mine. So when he spoke, the scent of his bad breath filled my nose. He smelled of alcohol, cigarettes and weed. The stench was do overpowering and intoxicating that my body began to convulse. I began to feel nauseous.

He looked at the pained expression on my face and said, "Looks like your not feeling well. Why don't I put you out of your misery? Say bye-bye, sweet pea."

Even though I was on the verge of death, all I could think about at the moment was why this guy kept calling me sweet pea. For some reason I was unnaturally clam on the outside, but panicking on the inside.

I felt the knife begin to cut into my throat, and the warm blood began to poor down my neck. That's when I knew this was all over. There was no point in fighting him any longer. I was dead meat. I felt my heart pounding in my ears as I spoke my last words and as my breath became shallow and fatigued.

"Taemin, I'm sorry."

I heard a loud thwack out of nowhere, and felt the pressure of the knife on my throat begin to decrease to the point where it was no longer touching my throat. His arms which had been tightly wrapped around my waist now loosened their grip. and let go. I fell to the ground in sobs. I looked up to see what the  sudden change had been about, only to see that the man was no longer behind me, His body lay limp on the ground beside me, and his head was now bleeding from a large gash in his scalp.

Someone had just saved my life.

Who could have possibly heard anything in this dark alleyway and came to my rescue?

Where was my savior now?

How was the man now on the ground unconscious?

Fitting the puzzle pieces together, I realized the loud sound had been the sound of an object colliding with the soft flesh of the man's scalp. I looked around the floor for the object and saw a bloody golf club lying on the floor beside the man.

Who could have hit him?

The question surged through me as I realized someone had witnessed my ALMOST doomed fate. I looked around but couldn't really see anything off in the distance because of my blurred vision. I was loosing blood fast, and was starting to feel light headed. To make things even worse, the tears were still flowing, so I could barely see anything.

I wanted, no, I needed to know who had just saved my life. But, I didn't need to look for my savior, because my savior had found me.

"Hyuna!," an exasperated voice called out to me. I looked up to see a group of me approaching me, led my a familiar looking boy. But I couldn't place who it was. "Over here," I managed to croak out. My throat hurt from the pressure of the knife, and I could still feel the blood rushing down my neck.

I would have got up and walked over to the approaching men myself, but my arm, neck, nose, and brain hurt from the physical and emotional traumatizing experience I had just endured. As the men neared closer to me, I got a better view of the boy in the front, who I assumed was my savior.

As he walked closer, I realized it was........................................................................................................................................................................................................Taemin?