A False Alarm

Hitting on Lee Taemin

My breath caught. My hand froze. It seemed like everything including time stopped. All I could do was watch as Taemin's head turned to face me. That's when I remembered that I was holding a fully loaded gun up to his head. As if it had a mind of its own, my hand began to lower, until the gun was safely back in its holster. Well, not exactly safely since this is a gun we're talking about.

But by the time the gun was put away, Taemin's head was fully turned, and I could see the fear register in his eyes, as he caught a glimpse of the gun. I felt a feeling of pure dread overwhelm me. I wanted to explain to him. I wanted to tell him everything. But, I couldn't. I had to lie, for the sake of my family. And I never even got a chance 2 do that.

The police officer began to bang on the front door again, but louder this time. And again he shouted, "Open up. Its the police."

That's when all feeling of dread was erased from my mind, and a new feeling overcame me. The feeling of panic.

What were the police doing here?

Did they somehow know what was going on here?

How could they possibly know?

Had they somehow seen me about to kill Taemin?

Was my life as I know knew it, over?

All these questions buzzed through my head, as I painstakingly walked over to the door. One by one, I opened all the locks, and poked my head out the door. I took in all the police officers, and calculated approximately how long it would take me to take every single one of them down, without any interference with Taemin.

I may be a girl, but I sure know how to fight. For one thing, with a father like mine, it would be suicide not to know self defense. And for another thing, my father had always wanted boys.

There were 3 cops. 2 men and 1 woman. I decided that for now I would play it cool. Act as if I hadn't been about to blow SHINee's Taemin's head off, just about now. But if things started to heat up, I would definitely make a run for it.

"What's wrong officers?", I asked them, trying to mask my growing panic, which was clearly written all over my face. By this time, Taemin had came up behind me,opened the door wide, and was staring at the open faces of the police officers.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to me. If Taemin had indeed seen the gun earlier, he just might tell the cops. What would I do then? I just hoped Taemin kept his mouth shut.

While I was still thinking about Taemin, one of the officers had begun to speak.

"Kim Hyuna, you are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say or do will be used against you in the court of law.", said one male police officer whose name tag read, Lee Changhun, as he began to handcuff me.

I had no idea what was going on. There was possibly no way that these officers could have found out.  No one knew about this plan but me, Mr.Park, and his men. I was about to ask the officer why he was arresting me, when he broke out into a toothy smile, and said, " Gotcha."

Wait a minute.

He was joking.

A feeling of immense relief flooded all over me, and I knew that the officers were definitely NOT here to arrest me for attempted murder. But then what were they really here for?

"Yeah, you definitely fooled us," Taemin piped up. Will all the fuss about arresting me, I had almost forgot that he was here. I was about to smile at him when the memory of almost shooting him a few minutes ago fled back into my head. I felt sick to the stomach. I couldn't believe that I had been that close to actually doing it. I had been that close to killing Taemin, and only on our second meeting. Taemin, my idol, would have been dead by now, if it hadn't been for those officers.

They had just saved me from making the biggest mistake of my life. Sure, I would have had to kill him sooner or later, but if I had done it now, I would have been in big trouble. Not only by Mr.Park, but with myself too, because I would never forgive myself for taking his life before I absolutely had to. Since my first meeting with Taemin, I hadn't freaked out over everything because I had kept telling myself that I had a long time before I had to kill him.

But meanwhile, I had to figure out what these cops were doing here.

" So, can we help you officers with anything?", I politely asked the police.

"As a matter of fact, yes you can. We're here to do a survey. The KNPA (Korean National Police Agency) wants to cut the police population in half by firing half of our staff. Due to a financial decrease in our countries economy the government wants to lower the number of police officers country wide. We are doing a public survey to see how many people agree/disagree with the government's actions. The final answer of the people, will decided the fate of all police officers.", the female police officer answered. She made the ending of her little speech sound like a horror movie, when in real life I was the one living the horror.

So that was what they had came here for. They had scared the living daylights out of me when they began to bang furiously on the door. But, if they actually had come to arrest me,I gladly would have gone with them. Because by this point, I was totally going nuts over what I had to do. Now that the full effects of what I had to do had finally sunk in, I would have done anything to get away from this mission, but then again, I was doing this for my family, not for myself, so I had to go through with it.

After Taemin and I gave our respective opinions for the survey the police officers were on their way, and Taemin and I had an early dinner. Surprisingly, he kept quiet about the whole seeing my gun thing. After dinner Taemin left for home, and I was in for the night.

For the next few days, all I could think about was Taemin, and how his death was soon to come. It made me so filled with anxiety, and despair and most of all fear.

Fear of getting caught.

Fear of having my whole life taken away.

By the next time I saw Taemin ( we see each other twice a week ), I was so nervous about the fact that almost a week had passed by, and that Taemin's killing was this much closer, that I was head over heels with my emotions.Too focused on myself to realize what was going on with Taemin.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Sorry Taeminnie Oppa, but you got 3 wrong out of all 15 questions," I said to Taemin. I was back at the hotel, in Taemin's suite, teaching him another lesson in math. After I had managed to calm my nerves a bit over everything,I had came over here. I had just finished grading a test that I had given to Taemin 5 minutes ago.

"Awwwww, nuna.I was so confident I would get all of them right," Taemin pouted out. He was just so ADORABLE! I laughed at his pout, not able to help myself at how cute he was.

"Yah, its not funny!!," he yelled at me.

"I'm not laughing at your failed attempt at math, I'm laughing at how cute you are," I defended myself.

Hearing those words, he did some aegyo for me.

IT WAS SO CUTE!

It seemed he had forgotten all about the gun...............

Before I even knew what I was doing,I began to pinch Taemin's cheeks softly. Feeling my hands on his soft cheeks, Taemin picked up his own hands and began to pinch my cheeks too. We stared at each other for a second and then burst out into laughter.

All of the sudden, the rest of the SHINee crew, burst into Taemin's suite, and realizing we still had our hands on each others cheeks, we immediately pulled our hands away from each other. I saw Taemin begin to blush, and felt my own cheeks heating up.

"Woah! Looks like we walked in on them having a moment here," Jonghyun teased.

"Yeah, we should let them enjoy the moment," Onew added on.

"Yah! Leave the two alone. Their just goofing off." Minho exclaimed, always the serious one.

"Yeah, that's what we were doing," Taemin said, happy to have someone on his side.

"Come on guys, lets go. They may have been fooling around now, but we don't wanna be here, when things start to get serious, " Minho suddenly said, adding on to his last statement, while winking at the two of us.

"Hyung! I thought you were on my side,"' Taemin yelled out. I had been quiet the whole time, watching the boys argue amongst themselves, but finally decided to say something.

"Guys, we were doing nothing. Just playing around. Now go, your distracting us from our work," I said, shooing the boys away.

"Oh, I see. They want to be left to do their "work", Key who had kept quiet throughout the whole conversation said, adding quotation marks to the word work.

"That's not what I meant, and you guys know it," I said, well more like yelled.

"No we understand. We'll be going now." Onew said.

Then all 4 of the boys began to walk out the door. But of course they had to have the last laugh, so they made kissy noises on their way out.

I sighed. Boys will be boys.

I turned back to Taemin, who had become silent. He looked like he was deep in thought about something, so I asked him, "Taeminnie, what's wrong?".

He snapped out of the trance like state he had been in, looked up at me,and said, " Oh, its nothing." Then to prove his point, he flashed me a bright smile, showing me all his pearly whites.

I wanted to ask him further what he had been thinking about since the thought seemed to be so deep, but before i could say or do anything he interrupted by asking me, " Can you explain to me why I got these wrong?", so  just let it go.

Little did I know, that what Taemin had been thinking about would have a big effect on my mission.