I'll Back Off So You Can Live (Sunggyu/Eunji)

un morceau de l'histoire de la vie ~☆~ Oneshot and Drabble Collection

I just want to know why you gotta go, I guess you’ve found another girl; your love for me has faded away (I’ll Back Off So You Can Live Better – G.Na feat Junhyung)

Kim Sunggyu had come home only an hour ago, announcing his return. He was ashamed of how he had lost his temper again. It wasn’t fair to her. Yet this time, no voice greeted him back. And that’s what stopped him when he felt something strange.

Then he walked with a fast pace to the every corner of the house—looking for her presence. And when he couldn’t found her and though maybe that she needed some time to be alone and calmed herself down, Sunggyu sighed and decided to take a quick shower calm him down and made a note for himself that he would try to searching again after cleaned up.

That was when he opened their dresser drawers, his heartbeat nearly stopped when he realized that all of her belongings was gone.

He let out a groan and sighed desperately. He went out from their room after took a glance at their bed and small smile plastered on his face when he suddenly remembered the happy time they shared together in their bed and sighed again. Too many memories of both of them, in every single spots in the apartment. And it tore him apart even though he knew that what he’d done to her was worse than anything that he felt right now.

.#.

“Oppa!” she screamed out loud, “you can’t be like this! You don’t know how tired I am for always dealing with your stubbornness!”

“Same to you!” Sunggyu answered with a loud voice, “You can’t even understand every single bit of me.”

She slammed her body down to the couch and didn’t even care to prevent her sobs. Because she want him to knew. She wants him to know how hurt she was with his actions and words towards her.

“You were all I wanted… I lived for you…” her voice had gone weak as clenched tight. “I don’t know what you want from me,” her voice was desperate, nearly pleading.

“I should be asking you the same thing,” Sunggyu shrugged her off, leaving the room.

She almost collapsed then and there. Love was such a burden. She used all her concentration to put one foot in front of the other to follow him to the other room.

Sunggyu threw on his blazer and began heading for the door. “Sunggyu oppa, where are you going?” she asked hesitantly, leaning against the wall.

The door slammed shut and he left with an, “Anywhere but here.” words.

That was when the tears began welling up in her eyes. She knew he had to have someone else. He must have thought she was clingy and awful the way she would ask him those questions. She never outright said it, but she knew there had to have been another girl.

He always dodged the answer like that.

.#.

Sunggyu walked into the dining room, only to find a note with his name written on it waiting for him on the table. He reached out hesitantly, his fingers shaking as he picked it up.

I’ll back off, so you can live better,” it read. Sunggyu’s small eyes almost glazed over from the first line. She would forget him. He wouldn’t have to feel burdened, and could be happy without worrying about her any longer. He should pretend it never happened, erase it completely from his mind and move on like she knew he wanted to. He would be alone.

His arms fell limp at his sides. His fingers became so numb the note floated to the ground and even that tiny noise sounded like an explosion in his ears. She was gone.

The devastation washed over him. He had a hard time taking in a breath, but his first response was anger. How wrong could she interpret something? Why would a tiny fight be enough for her to pack up and leave without saying goodbye?

He never even had a chance to stop her.

Without wasting any minutes, Sunggyu run out from his apartment and tried to searching for her.

“Eunji!” he sreamed at the top of his lungs without even caring about the weird gaze that the people gave to him because he’s running around with no umbrella or raincoat and screaming to no one. The only things that matter was to find that girl. It was that stupid fight. It made absolutely no sense.

“Jung Eunji!”

.#.

Meanwhile…

“He’ll forget all about me,” Eunji muttered to herself, walking away from the past. Her suitcase dragged on the wet ground behind her as she tried to put one foot in front of the other, even with her vision blurred from the tears and her body shivered because of her soaked clothes. “I will hate him… a-and…” she could barely speak through the sobs that threatened to break her. “If you were planning on being like this… why did you even love me in the first place?”

He’s warm. Still warm like all of those seven years that they spent together. But there’s something different with him. Especially after that Oh Seungah girl came. A colleague he said. But she knew him too well to know that he hid something from her.

She knew it.

That Kim Sunggyu. The only man that brightens her day for their seven years relationship was cheating on her back with Oh Seungah.

The small ring from her phone reminded her that she was still a part of the world. She reached into her pocket despite her better judgment, and stared down at the familiar name blinking at her. That beating in her chest stood still. The hole there only grew bigger.

She wasn’t a crybaby, but this was too much for her. She stopped at the swing and slid to it, trying her best to not let her face wrench into something beyond recognition from her pain.

She opened her phone, just to hear his hard breath, a sound of the rain drops and people chattered behind his hard breath, “Eunji! Thank God you’re answering!”

A small smile plastered on her face, so he was looking for her…

“Baby I’m sorry for everything that I said earlier, I didn’t meant it, please tell me where are you now so I can ask for forgiveness from you. Please, Eunji…”

She took in a deep breath, though it was wracked by her sobs.

“Do you remember that day…?” she tried to laugh through her tears, a desperate, sad plea. “When we first met…” she breathed out deeply, her sobs wrenching through her. She blinked a few times, to try and rid the tears of their residence on her lashes. They rolled further down her cheeks as she lifted her head and stared at the sky, “you promised me, Sunggyu oppa.”

“I’m sorry, Eunji…”

And that’s when a familiar bell rang and Sunggyu immediately recognize it as the bell from their memorable park—the place where they were met for the first time.

While fasten his pace, he said “wait for me,” and close his phone.

.

Wait for me…

Eunji bit her lower lips when she heard Sunggyu’s last words and sighed loudly. Her eyes wandered in pain when she recognize where she was now. It’s the park where almost all of her and Sunggyu’s stories built up.

It’s the place where they bumped to each other and met for the first time. It’s the place where Sunggyu bluntly confessed to her with unromantic way with saying, “I love you, and I know that you love me too. So, let’s date,”.

And it’s the place where they share their first kiss, Christmas, Valentine, White Day, and many occasion that couple usually done together.

And when all of those memories flashed through her mind, she felt her heart like crushed into pieces when their stupid fight remind her again why she was here and she stood up.

No, she had enough. She couldn’t do this anymore. She had her limit too…

With that, Eunji grab her suitcase and run away as fast as she could from that place where bring all of those beautiful yet painful memories to her.

But when Eunji was about to cover to prevent her sobs which getting louder, a pair of warm arms wrapped around her waist from behind with a long sighed and a whisper “I found you.” Was enough for Eunji to let tears fall down again from her brown orbs.

“I found you, Eunji-yah…”

She bit her lower lips and keeps facing to the ground. Even after Sunggyu turned her body to face him. She felt his finger lift up her face and a pair of familiar warm lips being pressed on her cold ones. Making her vulnerable with all of the feeling that he gave to her on that kiss that feels everything just like him. Sweet but also soft. Not so gentle but also not so rough. Just perfect.

She closed her eyes and wrapped her arm around his neck and returning the kiss. Because deep down in her heart, she still loves him. Nothing’s change even after she knew what he have done behind her back. Because for her, he’s still Sunggyu that she knew.

The Kim Sunggyu who would sang her a lullaby in the middle of the night if she couldn’t sleep.

The Kim Sunggyu who always wait for her in front of her university gate to pick her up and took her to have lunch together and drive her home before he went back to his office.

The Kim Sunggyu who loves kids just as much as her.

The Kim Sunggyu who loves nagging around even for the smallest mistake that she’s done.

The Kim Sunggyu who always whispered ‘I love you’ before both of them went to the dreamland.

And the Kim Sunggyu, who always gives her his genuine smile and loving gaze every time they spent their time together on the sofa, ignoring the TV, and prefers to warm their body in each other’s hug wile sometimes stealing a quick peck or soft kisses.

“I’m sorry…” he whispered again after he broke the kisses. Eunji nodded and buried her face on his chest which soaked by rain but strangely she found it really warm yet safe.

“Hyerim-ah,” she smiled a bit when he called her childhood name. Usually she really hates it when people called her with ‘Hyerim’ and preferred to be called by ‘Eunji’. But right now, his voice just like the sweetest melody in her ear.

“Please don’t leave me again, I know I was wrong.” he said with trembling voices, “what I did was a big mistake. My biggest mistake I’ve ever done. I shouldn’t have treated you in that way. I’m sorry for being with Seungah. But please don’t go. I’ll end mine with her. Okay?”

So that’s true? All of her fear was true for all this time?

“So it’s true?” she asked weakly. She closed her eyes again as tears ran down from her eyes again but soon the raindrops washed them away. And she could felt he nodded a few times.

“But I don’t even love her,” he quickly added, “I only love you.”

“But—”

“That’s why, don’t leave me,” he cut her word, “I prefer die than living without you.”

She could feel that he knew that she was hesitated for a moment, that’s why he said, “Please, I beg you…”

She nearly gasped in shocked expression but she tried hard to swallow it. Because Kim Sunggyu was begging for her.

‘So he did love me, for real…’ she smiled.

Took a deep breath, she finally whispered, “I forgive you.”

And that’s enough to bring her into his warm lips once again. She could feel him smiling on her lips and then he mouthed a ‘thank you’ before reclaiming hers once again.

.

End

.

Okay, I lost my mood at the end of the chapter even though I really love the beginning, but somehow I kinda feeling something’s off with the ending.

I just dunno. Blah.

Well, hope you like the ending (: