Chapter 5

I Think I Am Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How about you take a guess. This 6 simple words kept resounding in his head like an alarm clock ringing. It thudded at a rate the same as his heart. Hyungdon couldn't bring himself to tell Jiyeon the truth. He felt that by playing dumb will be the safer option. He definitely doesn't want things to become even more awkward with her than it already was. 

To Jiyeon: I don't know... Someone in Jooyeon's class?

Tap tap tap. He tapped his fingers continuously against the surface of his dining table as he impatiently waits for a reply. He bit his fingers nervously and he shook his legs vigorously. He obviously could not stand the wait. He stood up from his seat after a couple and took long strides along his hallway as if his actions could hasten time. Hyungdon could not stay still. The wait, to him, was as nerve wrecking as it is on any major results day. 

 

 

She saw it. His reply came in instantaneously after she had sent in hers. She had this feeling that he knows something. A female's six sense is hardly wrong. She squinted her eyes and examined every word that Hyungdon had texted her.

"Someone in Jooyeon's class?"

Hmmm... What is that guy thinking... Urgh.

Judging from the speed at which he replied and the terms that he used, she could easily guess that rumours must have spread about what had happened last night and that Hyungdon isn't exactly a very good liar. She was guilt-ridden; honesty was a value that was deeply imprinted in her throughout the years her mother had brought her up and it would guilt-trip her if she were to ever tell a small white lie. She was overly honest to a point that many a times, she can be blunt. Something is pinching and pulling her heart strings as if telling her the urgent need to tell Hyungdon the truth. 

Sigh.

To Hyungdon: Don't be surprised. I'm actually Jiyeon hahaha.

She did it. She finally told the truth. Thinking that Hyungdon might be mad at her for hiding her identity, she added "hahaha" at the end of the text to diffuse the tension. Not many people would be satisfied if they found out they were being lied to, especially her mom. 

Let's just wait and see what he has to say. *cross fingers and bit lips*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter