Will You Marry Me?

Why Couldn't You Forget Me?

 

Finally a new chapter. Im currently out of town ^_~

Going back in two days, which means quicker updates :L

Chapter 5 - Will You Marry Me?

 

Key’s P.O.V.

 

I was looking for Haerim in the car and I found her on her way home. She was looking beautiful like always. I slowed down then stopped when I was next to her. I steadily got out of the car and she looked at me surprised. I gave her a nervous smile before warmly greeting “Haerim… would you like to go to dinner with me?” Haerim smiled happily at me and agreed making me get a strange but pleasant feeling. I opened the door for her to get in before going to the driver’s side. I hope she’ll like my surprise.

 

At the expensive looking restaurant (Haerim called it expensive) Haerim was looking around uncomfortably. I was smiling at how cute she was, “What do you want to eat?” I asked her hoping I didn’t stutter from nervousness. She complained about how expensive it was, but in the end we ordered our food and waited for ages before we finally got our food. Whenever we talked about the past we were careful to avoid the subject of Jonghyun. I could tell Haerim was still trying to forget Jonghyun and I hoped she would not think about him at all after this.

 

I felt my right pocket for the small but important box. I pulled it carefully and steadily and place the box on the table in front of Haerim. “What is it?” she asked me curiously, glancing down at the box then back to me. My heart was pumping a lot faster than it usually did so I took a sip of the red wine to calm myself down.

 

Then I finally gave her a calm reply, “open it” was all I said as I smiled, watching. She looked at me studiously, and then slowly opened the dark coloured box I had placed in front of her.

 

Haerim’s P.O.V.

 

“Open it” Key replied calmly while giving me one of his smiles. He smiled a lot these days, after I had come out of Hospital… after the accident.

I looked at him, wondering why he seemed so nervous yet happy today before slowly opening the small box in front of me. I pulled the pink bottom of the ribbon so the bow would come undone before opening the box. When I opened the box my eyes opened wide in shock.

 

‘What does this mean?’ I thought to myself, ‘What about Jonghyun?’ a voice from the back of my mind asked me ‘He’s Gone!’ I thought angrily to myself. I slowly looked back up at Key and he gave me a amused smile before asking “Will you, Jung Haerim, marry me?”

 

I looked at him in shock again, images of Jonghyun came to my mind and I thought of the wonderful and fun dates Jonghyun had taken me on, but I quickly pushed them away telling myself that he was already gone. I thought carefully about my answer, Key did treat me kindly and I still like him a lot.

 

I smiled lovingly at Key and said “Of course I will marry you!” I quickly slid the ring covered with shiny, clear diamonds onto my ring finger.

 

Key’s P.O.V.

 

“Of course I will marry you!” she exclaimed before gracefully sliding the ring onto her ring finger. Although the ring was not very expensive – nothing is to me, it was still a beautiful ring and suited Haerim well. My heart continued to beat quickly and loudly and I had to take another sip of wine to calm myself down. I was feeling so happy today, it was the best day of my life and I would never forget it.

 

At the end of dinner, I paid for our meal and made sure Haerim didn’t hear the price because she always complains when something is too expensive for her.