014

Dance with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been all set. She was officially transferring to LEON entertainment.  She had submitted her audition to LEON a week ago and they had accepted her immediately.  It had been thanks to her dancing teacher who had contacts in LEON and knew they were looking for potential trainees.  Her teacher had called up LEON entertainment, recommending her to them.  Despite her mistakes, her dance teacher’s final words to her were, “Jieun, I’m helping you because you have a lot of potential.  Don’t waste it please. ”

Today was probably the last time she was going to see the inside of the SM building.    

She felt an arm drape over her shoulder and turned to see Ara by her side.  “Has everything been settled?” She asked.  Jieun had only told Ara the specifics of her transferring to a different company.

Jieun nodded.  If she was ever going to debut in a girl group, she wished Ara were with her. “Too bad we can’t debut together, Ara.”

“I’m not great at dancing or singing.  It’s probably better if I’m not in your group.”  She answered jokingly.  “Anyways, you don’t have anything on after this, do you?”

Jieun shoke her head.  “Why?”

“You’ve forgotten, haven’t you?”  Ara said.  “Just because you’re changing companies, doesn’t mean you have abandon all your friends Jieun.” 

Jieun remembered Sehun mentioning something about a birthday party.  “Ah!  Sehun’s birthday?”  She said. 

Ara nodded.  “It’s just a small get-together at Sehun’s house at 7pm.  Can you come?”

To be honest, Jieun didn’t want to.  If it was Sehun’s birthday, that means his good friend, Jongin was going to be there.  Ever since, she broke it off with Jongin, she had spoken or seen him.  She didn’t tell Sehun or Ara what had happened but they could probably piece together a rough idea of what happened.  She didn’t want to have to face Jongin. 

“Ara, you know why I don’t want to go.”

“Come on, go for Sehun.”

“Are you and Sehun together?”  She asked.

“What? No! Why are you changing the topic?”  She replied, a bit flustered at Jieun’s sudden question. 

Jieun smiled.  She thought that Sehun and Ara were cute together, not that she was in position to tell people to get together.  “Ok Ara, I’ll think about it.”

Ara gave a hug.   “You’re the best Jieun.”

- - -

Jieun dressed in a simple white dress, stood in front of Sehun’s house, unsure why she agreed to this.  There was no doubt she was going to run into Jongin at some point in time at Sehun’s party, so why was she sending herself into trouble?

After a moment of thought, she hesitantly pressed the doorbell.  And when the door suddenly swung open, she became a bit startled.  And when she got a glimpse of the person who has answered the door, she almost wanted to turn around and run back home.

She’s standing face to face to Kim Jongin.  Instead of the usually sweats Jieun has seen him in, Jongin was dressed casually in jeans and a nice black shirt.  And despite everything, her body betrayed her as she felt the butterflies spinning uncontrollably inside her. 

The moment their eyes met, Jieun knew that Jongin was just as surprised to see her on front of the doorstep.  Jieun didn’t know wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter