... with a desaster?

It started with a cruise...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After we finished eating we left for a lower deck. Not for one from which you couldn't get out but for one where we could lie down and enjoy the sun.
This might seem weird to say now but I guess this one is the smallest cruiser I've ever seen. But therefore it's really privat as well. We already got to know someone - or better, Donghae got to know some guys while we were eating. I just sat beside them and enjoyed the food.

Now we were lying in the sun again. This time I was facing the sun - but I still had my T-shirt on. It was way hotter now and I didn't want to get sunburnt any worse than I already was! When I looked to the side I felt like the water had to be just one meter below us because it looked so close... I got up and went to the railing. I looked down and could see that I had been right; the water wasn't much more than five meters below us. I suppressed a laugh. Oh gosh, since I had stepped onto this ship it seemed even smaller than when you looked at it from the outside. Therefore we were among maybe one hundred people, no more. It was a nice private atmosphere and I had liked it since the moment I had been able to walk around and discover this ship with Hae.
My friend said something next to me. I hadn't even noticed that he had come to my side. I hummed, not knowing what he had said and continued to stare into the soft waves. I wished I could just jump into this water and enjoy the feeling of its softness and I could bet Donghae wanted to do the same.
I looked around to tell him my thought but couldn't spot him anywhere anymore. Well, then not. I looked back into the water. It had a beautiful blue tone, making the water almost seem surreal. I caught myself thinking about just ignoring everything and jumping into the water. But no, that wasn't possible. 'Sungmin, stop these thoughts!' I scolded myself and was about to turn away when I heard someone scream coming from the upper deck. Before I had the chance to look up I saw someone falling into the water with a loud 'Splash'.
"Hey!" Someone screamed from the place I suppose that guy has been standing before. How could he have fallen out of a cruiser? Wasn't that nearly impossible?

I looked around but the others who were on this deck just stared and came to the railing - staring.
"Damn it, call the security!" I yelled at them and finally one of them stepped back and walked away slowly. I turned back towards the water. I could see that guy's head coming to the surface and how he tried to keep up there by paddeling with his arms. Suddenly a bigger wave got him and pressed him under water. We all waited.
But his head didn't reappear on the surface. Couldn't he swim? Was he on a cruise without being able to swim?!?
I waited for about five more seconds, then I was sure he wouldn't make it back to the surface.

Without hesitating I took off my shirt and flip flops, climbed onto the ceiling and jumped. I heard the guy from above me scream and some other passangers did so as well. I heard another man yell I should the stay on the deck. Well, I guess it was too late for that.
I was under water, searching for that guy but could see almost nothing. The salt was burning in my eyes so I got back to the surface as soon as I could. I swam to the place where I guessed I had seen the boy for the last time and dove down, looking around again. Damn, I couldn't see anything! Everything was blury and slowly my eyes started to get teary because of the salt. But that was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter