A New Home?

It started with a cruise...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~ Eunhyuk's POV ~~~~

 

When I woke up, I knew immediately what had happened before. Every word that Sungmin had said was still stuck in my head and a smile was formed by my lips. He had practically said he loved me I had confessed.

Suddenly I felt Minnie's fingertips caressing my face softly. I gave my best to remain still and not let him see I was already awake. His finger's wandered over my face, my cheek, my closed eyes, up to my forehead. It was torture to not lean into his hand and kiss his palm or at least to open my eyes. But then I would interrupt him at whatever he had in mind.

Min's hand wandered further, over my nose and my other cheek until his fingertips reached my slightly parted lips. My heart skipped a beat before it beat faster than before. I was almost afraid he might hear it because it beat so hard against my ribcage that I feared it might break out. But nothing like that happened. It was almost the exact opposite.

"You know... I think you were right. I think I have fallen in love with you," he whispered.

My eyes flung open. "What?"

"You're awake?" He looked at me with shock widened eyes. I couldn't do anything but nod. "But... but why didn't you tell me or show me then?"

"I-I don't know," I answered. "But... did you mean that? Have you... have you fallen in love with me?" I needed to know that. Because.... well, there hadn't been only Teuk. Before him had been one guy who I thought had loved me. To say it in plain words - he had been an . And I a fool. I have been only 13 then. I thought he had truely loved me...

And then, after my parents' and Teuk's death, I had become really attached to the one's I got to like. Like Junsu. And now like Min - if he let me.

"Yes. I think I have."

My heart skipped a beat before it pounded in an unsteady rhythm, becoming heavy with fear. "Y-you... th-think you have?"

"Yes." He avoided my gaze as he said the next words. "I didn't really understand what I was feeling, you know? B-but... when I told you all those things you said you loved me, too. I've never felt something comparable with this so I can't tell whether you're right or not but... but I think you are. If not wanting to loose you no matter what, feeling attached to you, wanting to touch and hold and kiss you all the time and see you smile at me... if that means I love you then I think I do."

For a second I couldn't believe he had really said that but when he finally lifted his gaze and his eyes met mine I could see that all he had said was true. And it made me love him even more.

A big smile was about to appear on my lips when another thought made me sad again. "What will happen after this, Sungmin? We barely have a couple of hours left..."

I felt his body pressing closer against mine, bare skin touching bare skin, legs entangling. I tightened my grip around him. "I don't want to loose you, Hyuk..."

"I know. I don't, either." How could I have been so stupid that I fell in love during a cruise. But let that fact aside - what would happen with me if I lost him? Would I survive that? Would I be able to survive another time loosing the one I loved? I still had Junsu, didn't I? Yes, I did, but I needed someone who could take care of me in a way that only your family and your boyfriend or girlfriend could. That was what I needed. That was the only thing that had been missing all those years. All those long days and painful nights. The one I could turn to and who would just love me, kiss my tears away and hold me in their arms. The one who wouldn't ask immediately but give me love. The love not many people can give you...

"That's it!" Sungmin suddenly said and sat straight up.

I looked up at him in confusion. Did I miss something while thinking? "What?"

Looking at me, Min blushed. "Do you... maybe... you know, want to ... er... move in with me?"

I stared at him while my mind tried to process what Sungmin had just said but the boy already continued blabbering. "You know, my parents always wanted to adopt a child because I was their only one and they always wanted another child and there wouldn't be a problem with us liking one another and our house is big and you need a home and friends of us live nearby and they have been looking for a teenager they want to adopt, too, so you and Junsu wouldn't have to be forced apart and of course you don't have to say yes if you don't want to, I can understand that because I guess I surprise you with this and I would be a terrible boyfriend or brother or whatnot and-"

"Minnie! Breathe!" I didn't know for sure but I hadn't noticed him taking a breath even once thus I was afraid he would faint again or something. But he didn't.

I sat up, finally able to move, and hugged Min tightly. "Calm down, honey," I said and felt him shiver in my arms. "I would love to move in with you! Especially when Junsu can live nearby. But what about your parents and those friends? Shouldn't you ask them first?"

Min nodded his head against my chest but then hesitated. "I'm afraid they're already on their way..."

"What about cell phones?"

Sungmin thought about that but then shook his head. "Then I'd have to tell them about us and I don't want to do that on the phone."

I nodded. I hadn't wanted to do it on the phone myself. And now there wasn't anyone left to tell. I tightened my embrace around Min and burried my face into his soft, a little messy hair.

"If my parents agree, you would really want to move in with us?"

"There isn't anything I would like to do more."

Min hugged me back just as tightly.

The door was banged open, causing both of us to flinch. We both turned to see who was interrupting us, only to face a fuming Donghae. "Hurry up, guys! We still have to do some packing and then Junsu and I agreed to meet on the highest deck to see the harbor coming closer so hurry! And you, Eunhyuk, get dressed in your own clothes!"

I looked at Sungmin and he shook his head. "You can keep that shirt," he said and smiled at me.

I nodded. "Thank you Mi." I said in response and put my pants on, grabbed my own t-shirt and left. Behind me I could hear Minnie getting angry at his best friend and said guy laughing. A big smile formed on my lips. Min said, he loved me back! And he said I could maybe move in with him and that there was even the possibility that Junsu would find a home nearby! Now I just had to tell Junsu...

I laughed happily and continued my way towards Junsu's and my room.

When I arrived, everything was in a mess. At first I just stood there, not believing what I saw. How could one man make such a chaos in a couple of minutes?!? Then I could feel a laugher building in my stomach, my lips spreading into a widening smile and finally I couldn't do anything but laugh helplessly while standing in that door and see that weird scene showing Junsu in the middle of clothes, our suitcases and random stuff being spread through the whole room. Tears were leaking from the corners of my eyes as I couldn't stop laughing.

Finally, after a couple of minutes of Junsu glaring at me, I could stop, panting hard by now. "I think, I should help you," I said and looked up at my best friend. He just nodded. "But first you better get dressed properly," he suggested.

I rolled my eyes but then searched for something good to wear. It shouldn't be too good because that would be suspicious but I didn't want to wear my casual clothes either. In the end I decided to take dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt.

I quickly got dressed and then sat down to help my best friend. "Junsu~..."

"Yeah?"

"What would you think about having a real home again?"

He looked at me. "What?"

I sighed. "See... Min and I have fallen in love. Both of us. And now he said that his parents had wanted to adopt another child because he is an only child. Now he asked me if I wanted to move in with him. Of course we would have to see what his parents say... and if the police is there or something. And... he said that friends of his family wanted to adopt a teenager as well. I mean, you're... you're 19 so not really a teenager anymore but... it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance and... I would really like to have you around even when we don't live in that orphanage anymore."

"So... you could live with your loverboy and I live with some friend of his family?"

I felt as if someone had stabbed my back when I heard the bitter tone in his voice. I gulped and didn't even dare to protest because of his description of Minnie. I had to admit that I even didn't really care about it just then. Instead I was almost kind of desperate. "You don't have to! You can do it if you want to and if you like them! And I assume Donghae to live nearby, too, and you two have come along not so bad as well, have you?" I felt tears burning in my eyes as the threat to loose a beloved person again suddenly came back.

"Hyuk. Hyukkie! Listen, okay?" I nodded, giving my best to keep those stupid tears inside. "I know that I mean a lot to you and you are my precious best friend, aren't you? I would do anything to stay near you. I promise to give those guys a chance, okay?" I nodded again. "But that doesn't mean that I am going to get along with them, you get that?" I nodded for the third time and forced a smile onto my face. "That doesn't matter," I replied, "You give it a chance and that's all I could hope for."

"Well, then - let's pack and then get up there to see the others!" Junsu said with a grin.

 

"There! There! My parents!" Sungmin screamed and pointed somewhere into the waving and cheering crowd before he continued waving frantically just to point another time in what was the same direction for me. "Hae, look! Your parents are there, too!" Donghae laughed and they kept on waving.

I sighed while still forcing a smile and waving. It had been an eternity since I had seen my own parents. My own family. And I would never see them again.

"C'mon, let's get our stuff and then meet in front of the elevator, okay?" Sungmin asked with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter