Work

Meeting Mr. Not-So-Perfect

After school, I made a quick dash to the parking lot at the back of the school. It's kind of quiet here. I honestly do not get why do I always give into Seyong's demands.

Is it because I feel like I owe him so much for helping me out during a crisis? Or is it because I feel as if I'm being threatened? Well, either way, that boy has to make it quick because I still need to finish my school work and find a place to stay. I don't want to wake up every morning seeing that guy's happy face and in his room too.

I looked around and saw no one. I looked at my watch and saw I waited for 15 seconds. I'm a girl that does not wait. People wait for me so I turned around to leave, but someone covered my eyes with their hands.

"Guess who this is~" That annoying voice sang.

I stomped on Seyong's foot and heard him yell. I turned around to see him limping while holding onto his foot. For some reason that scene looked so humorous, I could not help but laugh.

"Yah! Why are you laughing at my misery and most importantly, why did you step on me?" Seyong pouted. Gosh, this guy has a lot of aegyo. I don't think I can ever see his manly side. Does he even have one?

"Well~ what would you do if someone suddenly surprise you by covering your eyes? It was an instinct." I lied smoothly. Truthfully, I did that on purpose. I felt the need to a bit.

"Okay, that makes sense."

What a gullible child. I held in my snicker.

Seyong grabbed my hand and interwined them together. "Yah! Kim Seyong, where are we going?" I tried to twist my arm away, but he has a strong grip.

"You'll see and thank me later." He winked. What kind of wink was that? Involuntarily, I obeyed and followed his footsteps.

------------

"Are.you.kidding.me???" I stared at the waitress uniform Seyong held out for me.

"Nope."

"I, Shin Jisun, am the daughter of Shin Corporation's CEO and also one of the rare 4% rich people of South Korea. You don't expect me to serve low middle class people do you?" I crossed my arms.

Seyong blinked at me.

I think he really is serious. I looked around the employee locker room. Seyong works here and so does the rest of the so-called kingka crew who's names I cannot remember.

"Come on~" This freakishly tall, skinny yet loves to smile guy swung his arm around my shoulder. "You'll love it here. Great tips and fun co-workers." He winked. Did this guy learn from Seyong?

"Yah! JunQ, get your arms off her." Seyong snarled at the younger one.

"Oops." He walked out of the locker room.

"Hurry up. Our shift is about to start." A serious guy with big eyes clapped his hands together.

Seyong pushed me into the changing room and closed the door. "Pali, change and come out."

"But-" I sighed. Do I have a choice? 

-----------------

Seyong guided me and taught me what to do the whole night. Of course, I'm a pretty fast learner, but I really hate how people order me around. I'm just not use to it.

Especially when the customer complains. I don't like my job.

When I got the hang of the job, Seyong left me to tend my side of the buffet restaurant while I did my side. As time had gotten longer, more people piled in, probably for a dinner.

I placed the drinks I got for the customers and heard some familiar deep voices cackling. They were sitting on my section. I turned around to see BAP taking their seats at a table. I gulped.

I can't let them see me here. After what happened with Daehyun, the embarassment. I don't think I can handle it.

"Excuse me, waitress. We would like some drinks." I heard Himchan yell. Oh goodness, to turn around or not turn around.

I chose, not to turn around. "In a minute, sir." I squeaked up my voice.

Himchan raised an eyebrow at the strange voice. "Huh, why do I feel as if the waitress is a bit strange."

"Who cares hyung, Yongguk hyung is treating us so let's go eat!" Zelo shot out of his seat and went to go get food.

I hid in the kitchen and started to panic. What should I do? If I go out, there would be humiliation and awkwardness. Everyone at TS will know I work here and I will be the laughing stock when I head back.

I entangled my fingers to my hair and started to have a mental breakdown. Seyong and this baby face kid came in the kitchen and saw me.

"What are you doing?" Asked the kid.

"What does it look like?"

He blinked at me. Seyong chuckled and lightly hit the kid. "Chaejin-ah, go back out and serve the customers, I got her."

Chaejin nodded his head and headed back out. *What a weird noona*

Seyong knelt down beside me. "What happened? Not use to the work? Give it some time."

"No, You see those teenage guys with blonde hair?" I peeped outside from the kitchen and pointed at BAP's table. 

"So? Do they not have money or something to pay for the bill?" Seyong guessed.

"No...well, they use to go to my school and ...." I played with my fingers.

He sighed. "How about we switch sides until they leave. Does that make everything better? I'll serve them."

I could not thank him enough at this moment. I started to laugh like a crazy woman and hugged Seyong's neck. I felt his arms around my waist.

"Woah, woah, calm down, lady." 

I realize what I was doing. I can't believe I hugged this guy. I released him and forced out an awkward smile. "Sorry about that."

I quickly ran outside with my redden cheeks. Seyong shook his head with a smile.

--------------------

I served Seyong's customers while he served mine.

I saw Seyong approach BAP with a smile. "Hello, My name is Kim Seyong and I will be your waiter for tonight. Maybe I get you all some beverages?"

I peeped at his side to see what was going on. I made quick eye contact with Daehyun and quickly turned around to preoccupy myself.

Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows. *Why does that girl seem a bit familiar?*

Whenever I pass by the 'table' I would hold up my tray against my face to cover myself from their view.

It went on like that for at least 2 hours.

When BAP left, Seyong and I resumed back to our places and worked for about another hour until our shift ended.

I changed back into  my uniform and fixed my hair. I walked out of the employee locker rooms to see all five 'kingkas' waiting for me. I skidded to a stop and stared at them.

They all stared back.

"I'll get going now." I walked pass them awkwardly.

"Hold on," Seyong grabbed onto my arm.

"What?" I turned around.

"Want to walk together?"

"Yeah, so we can get to know each other better." The guy with big eyes smiled.

-------------------

We waved bye to the manager and started to walk home, well towards Seyong's home.

"My name is JunQ." The tall skinny guy introduced first.

"I'm Gunwoo." The big-eyed guy smiled.

"Chaejin."

"And I'm Insoo." He winked at me.

"And you know me, I'm Seyong." He did some aegyo and the infamous 'buing buing'.

I raised an eyebrow at him and I can tell his friends were not that fond of it either.

Chaejin shivered. "Seriously, hyung you're too old for this."

I chuckled. "He told you." Insoo added.

"Yah!"

The walk home was comfortable and nice. Who knew,  these were just a bunch of guys who love to joke around and have fun. I think I can get along with them pretty well.

We all started to part in different directions to head home. Unfortunately, Seyong's home is the fartherest away from the hotel.

My legs started to grow tired, as I'm not use to standing for such long hours.

Seyong noticed and bend down in front of me. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Get on. I'll carry you."

I felt my heart flutter a bit. How come I never saw him as such a gentleman.

"But aren't you tired?"

"You're more tired than me."

Relunctantly, I climbed onto his back. and securely wounded my arms around his neck.. His arms supported my legs and we started to walk.

I never felt so safe with someone carrying me. I rested my head on his back and felt my eyes slowly close.


Hey guys! I was a bit busy this week that's why it took me a while, but I'm back now!!!