Pretend

Meeting Mr. Not-So-Perfect

I felt someone shaking me. "A few more minutes." I mumbled in my sleep.

Moments later, I heard a voice. "You don't want to be known as the rich tardy girl, now do ya?" With each word, it tickled my ear, making me giggle. Hold up! My eyes shot open and I sat up from the bed immediately.

"Where am I?" I looked around with my bed hair and sleepy eyes. I spot Seyong sitting on the edge of the bed with a smirk on his face. "My room." He calmly states.

WAIT, WHAT?!?! I'M IN KIM SEYONG'S ROOM?!?! I let out an ear-piercing scream, but was muffled up quickly by his hand. "Sshhhh, you'll wake up the neighbors." I placed a finger against his lips, then removed his hand from my mouth.

I started to hyperventilate. "W-What am I doing in your room?" I started to stutter. This is not the Shin Jisun, but in this kind of situation where you wake up to some guy's room early in the morning, panic, is the only way to describe.

From the look Seyong was giving, which seems a bit mischievious, I can tell this is not good.

"Well, you don't remember? You don't remember how much fun you had screaming my name?" (a/n: LOL no pun intended) He gave me a very erted smile.

"W-What?' I held the blanket against my chest defensively with a confused look. Seyong started to chuckle and ruffle my hair. "I'm just kidding. You were kicked out of your apartment and generous me, took you in. Now get ready for school and eat your breakfast before we will really be late." With that said, he left the room.

So it wasn't a dream. I thought me going completely broke and getting kicked out was just a nightmare. I can't believe this is reality.

I quickly got ready and wore my uniform. I packed up my school supplies and homework, then headed out of the room.

I passed by the living room to see Seyong stuffing his mouth with the breakfast, I'm guessing he bought. I headed towards the door to wear my shoes.

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" He asked with his mouth full.

I gave him a look of disgust. "Uhhh....Seyong?"

"Hmmm?" He looked up and blinked at me with puffy cheeks.

"Can you, not talk with your mouth full? It's disgusting."

He chuckled lightly. "Is this one of those rich people moments again?" He swallowed his food  and led me to the table. "Come, eat breakfast. I made it."

This guy can cook??? Well, it probably tastes disgusting. I don't eat breakfast anyways. "Sorry, but I don't eat breakfast. Too many carbs." I rejected his offer nicely.

He smiled and poke my side. "Carbs? But you're so skinny." He started to poke my ribs a few times. "Yah!" I squirmed away. 

"Okay,okay. I'll stop. Guess that's more food for me." He sat back down and started eating again. "Just give me a few minutes to eat this, then I can drive us to school."

"You mean with that old motorbike of yours and risk being seen with each other? No thanks. I have two legs that can walk perfectly fine." I tied my shoelaces on tightly and unlocked the door.

Before I went I out, I peeped my head back in. "Oh, by the way, thanks for letting me stay the night. I promise I will move out and find a place by tonight. When you get to school, just pretend we have no relations whatsoever. Just like strangers, okay? Bye."

Seyong was about to protest but I already left.

I sighed and kicked a pebble to the sidewalk of the curb. Where can I find a place to live?

--------------------

I gathered all my books and headed to my first class. This time, I know where to avoid and where is the best spot to sit so I can learn, the front seat which is always and I mean always the empty seat for losers. Who here in Seoul High is serious about an education? Me. And that is because I want to leave this- excuse my language- hell hole and return to where I belong ------ TS High. 

During class it no longer surprised me that those so-called kingkas....whom I cannot remember their group name..was it Nametags? I can remember , but it was something cheesy. Anyway, as I was saying, those so-called 'kingkas' either arrived late, disrupted class with one of their smart remarks or did not show up at all.

At least Seyong didn't show up. That way I don't have to pretend I don't know him and he does not have to bug me. Everyone is happy.

At lunch, I decided to head to the library and do what I do best....multi-tasking. I decided to eat lunch, finish some work and maybe throw in some studying in case there will be a pop quiz.

I was going down the rows of bookshelves to look for a book. I saw the Shakespeare novel I was seeking for my research paper. I jumped up a few times to reach the book, but the librarian decided to make live difficult by placing it on the top shelf.

A hand reached out and grabbed the book before I did. Oh no that person didn't! I saw that book first.

"Hey! Excuse me, but I saw the book-" My eyes widened when I saw the cheesy red-haired boy smiling down at me. I frowned. "Seyong? What are you doing here? This is the library! You know, a place with books where people come here to study, read and find peace. People like you don't come here." I said a matter of factly.

"How would you know?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Well, for one ever since I been at this school, I don't see more than five people at the library. And second, no one in this school gives a damn about education, that includes you and your crew." I crossed my arms at him.

Seyong coughed. I don't know if he was trying to hold in his laughter or if it really was a cough. Maybe he was being sarcastic? Either way, it was irking me.

"Well, I don't know if you noticed, but it's usually my crew and I in here. It's nice and peaceful. That's why we hangout here. So all those fangirls can leave us alone." Seyong handed me my book.

I snatched it from him and gave him a look. "Don't forget, you don't know me." I muttered.

"Whatever floats your boat." Seyong shrugged and placed his hands in his pockets. He was about to walk away, but stopped in his tracks.

"By the way, remember last night we were discussing about jobs?"

I perked up at the reminder of our conversation yesterday. 

"I'll meet you after school behind the school's parking lot. I have a nice surprise for you." With that said, Seyong walked to the other side of the library. I placed my books on my desk and sighed in exasperation. Seriously, that boy.

---------------------------

Meanwhile, Seyong walked to the otherside of the library to unite with his friends. 

It may seem unbelievable but the MYNAME crew were actually smart geniuses. Despite skipping class and living up to their 'rebel' reputation, they manage to score high on their report cards.

JunQ took a small look away from his novel and glanced at his hyung. "What's with the cheesy smile?"

Chaejin eyed the older one suspiciously and spotted Jisun at the otherside of the library working. "I think I know." He raised his hand like a kid.

"Kim Seyong is in love." Gunwoo shook his head.

"Make sure she doesn't think you are some obsessive stalker." Insoo snickered and high-fived JunQ.

Seyong pouted cutely and stomped his foot. "Don't be jealous. At least I get to be friends with her first."

"Oh really? From what I just saw, she doesn't seem to treat you more than some stranger." Insoo coughed.

"I just want you to know, Insoo hyung was spying on you." JunQ returned back to his novel and took a sip of his tea.

Four pair of eyes glared at Insoo suspiciously who was pretending to be innocent.

"I think we all know who is the obsessive stalker." Gunwoo shook his head.

"Hey!"