Secrets Only Die with You

Passing These 365 Days

"To make the forbidden love between a human and angel happen, all she had to do was destroy everything. I'll abandon my pure heart if I'm allowed to live and love you. I won't hesitate to cut off these wings, let me surrender myself to the devil."

~~~

Tao pushed Chanyeol away, too shocked to speak. The jolt from the push stirred Laoshi awake from her sleep.

"Wh-why did you do that?" Hearing Tao's distressed voice, Laoshi poked an eye out from the backpack.

"Tao listen I'm sorry okay? But I don't like when you talk about Kris like that." he whispered back.

"But what would that have to do with it? What is wrong with me liking Kris?" his voice was shaking.

"Because I love you okay? And Kris doesn't deserve someone great like you hanging around him. It's only a matter of time before you're him down."

"That doesn't mean you had to kiss me!" Laoshi's eyes went wide. He did what?! That son of a ! No one hurts Tao like that!

"Guys, guys I'm back!" Kris ran back towards the two. "Oh and just in time, the train is coming."

"Did you help that foreign girl?" Chanyeol replied back flashing a grin.

"Yeah, she was totally lost. Luckily I got her a cab."

"Thats great Kris..." Tao said staring at the ground.

"Woah, Tao are you okay?" Kris asked glaring at Chanyeol.

Tao rubbed the remains of a tear out of his eye. "Yeah I'm fine. Just a little tired."

~~~

"This is unacceptable! In the night I will ambush that Happy Virus!" Laoshi was standing on Tao's desk, a thumbtack in each hand.

"Laoshi it's okay, really. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt me. But I don't love him back..."

"This is quite a problem, that can only be solved with blood!" Laoshi replied ing one of the thumbtacks into the air.

Tao sat on his bed, putting his hands over his face. "What am I going to do?"

Laoshi crawled down from the desk and sat next to Tao. "It's going to be okay Tao. But you shouldn't distress okay? This happens all the time in dramas!" she quickly hopped from the bed and brought out a dvd, hidden behind the bookshelf. 

"Laoshi where did you get that? Have you been stealing again?"

"Calm down Tao. I just borrowed it without permission. I'll return it, calm down."

"Thanks I guess...but this isn't going to help me at all. I hope you know that."

"Well usually in dramas, the heroine gets all confused, just like you, and then after many twists and turns, realizes her true feelings for the guy and then there is usually this big scene where one of the love interests goes after the other, who is going away for a long time. Then they kiss and live happily ever after."

"Laoshi I hope you know that that will never happen. And I will never fall in love with Chanyeol."

She let out a sigh of relief. "Good! Because that is still going to pay."

"Laoshi just forget that that ever happened okay? No more talk of revenge anymore."

"Fine, fine." She admitted defeat before curling up in her tiny bed by Tao's.

Once she was asleep, Tao parted his curtains to look into Kris's room. His curtains were closed, but the light in his room was on. "Kris...I don't know why, but at that moment, I wished that Chanyeol's lips were your's."

September 25th:

I don't know what is going on with me. I think all the dramas Laoshi has been watching are getting to me. Love is something for lucky people, which I am not. I just know I feel, weirder? But definitely not love, I know if I did fall in love, it wouldn't be that easily.

~~~

"Hey Tao, I just wanted to say I'm sorry about yesterday. Could we maybe just forget it happened?" Chanyeol was obviously uneasy, he rocked back in forth in place, almost crashing into the girl seated in the desk next to Tao's.

"Yeah. It's fine really."

"Are you sure? Because I really feel bad about stealing your first kiss, I know you probably dreaded that happening huh?"

"But that wasn't my first ki-" Tao clamped his hand over his mouth.

"What? It wasn't?" Chanyeol asked surprised.

"Well ummm,"

"Was the first an accident? Did someone like me steal it away?"

"Well I don't know. I'm still trying to figure that part out."

"So was it recent?"

"Well...I don't know okay? Sorry it's just really confusing."

"Oh I understand. I'll talk to you later." Chanyeol said before walking over to his desk.

~~~

"I feel like I should know more about you." Kris was staring up at the sky, sitting behind the cafeteria.

"Huh why?"

"Well you already sure know a lot about me. But I barely know anything about you!"

"I don't know a lot about you either!"

"Then how about some self introductions then? Basic stuff. You go first."

"My name is Huang Zitao, I was born on May 2nd, in Qingdao. I'm 17 years old, and have been practicing wushu since I was in kindergarten. I have a pet named Laoshi, she is a Red Panda, I rescued her when she was barely a few months old, when I was in elementary school. My favorite food is cake."

"My name is Wu Fan, I was born on November 6th, in Guangzhou. I'm 17 years old, and know English, Cantonese, and Korean, aside from Mandarin. My favorite food is Chicken."

"November 6th? That's soon! What are you going to do for your birthday?"

"I need to do something for my birthday?"

"Of course you do, it's your birthday!" And it's your last one...

"Tao, I really don't want to do anything special. I know I'm already aware it'll be my last. But i don't want to celebrate it like my last."

"Then I'll take you out! Unless of course, you'll be spending time with family, then I completely understand!"

"No, I'm not. I already told my dad strictly not to celebrate my birthday."

"So you don't want to celebrate your birthday with me?"

"Well I don't know, look at this." Kris handed Tao his list of final wishes. Under the unchecked three, it said: 4. Celebrate my final birthday with Tao

"Oh wow! Do you like plan these events ahead of time or something?" Tao laughed a little shocked that everything suggested had always ended up on Kris's list prior to the conversation.

"Does it matter? Take that as a yes."

"Really? Then I'll make it great! We can go out shopping, and eat all the expensive food..."

"Woah Tao slow down, I don't want anything special okay? Just two friends hanging out. That's it."

"Pssh fine."


Yay I managed to finish this chapter today! I'm really, really busy right now, but soon school will be out so I'll have plenty of time to write (or not...because summer school (_ _)|| ) Thank you for all the lovely comments, and thank you to anyone who subscribes/subscribed. As always reviews are appreciated~

@Bliss_Destiny: Oh phew! I'm so relieved that others think Laoshi goes well with the story. ^^; I was a little worried people would think of her as extra baggage or something, but I really wanted to put her in so Tao would have someone to talk to, and he wouldn't be some lonely person who can't express his feelings to anyone. :P Her and Tao's backstory will be explained later! :D Thank you for all your comments!

@emo_bear: YES HE JUST DID. I'm sure Tao's face was like O.O too. XD Thank you for your comment~

@wowphantasticbaby: Why yes, yes you did read the last part right XD I'll try to update everyday or whenever I can! ^^ Thanks for the comment!