Mission 1.5

Catch me If You Can

 

“Are you sure your men could catch EXO-M” said Lee Junwoo while sitting at the couch with his legs crossed. The Black Star was placed in front of on the table.

“Of course, you can trust them” said the chief inspector with a smirk on his face. “I have hundreds of men surrounded the house as well as inside the house. There no way the thieves could get in or out” He said confidently.

“I hope you are right. If anything happened to my pearl, I’ll make sure you regret of becoming a chief” hissed the CEO with threats.

‘Scary’Suho thought in his head while looking at the short and skinny CEO. He was standing next to his dad.

When they received call from the owner of the Black Star that EXO-M had sent their card declaring that they are going to steal the pearl by midnight, so he and his dad is now at the Lee’s mansion.

Suho then looked at his watch when he saw there was a few seconds left before midnight. As he started to countdown in his heart, suddenly there was a black out.

“What in the world…who turned off the light!” shouted Lee Junwoo as he tried to reach for his pearl.

“! Suho protect the pearl”

“Yes sir” said Suho as he tried to make his way to the pearl but he tripped onto something, causing him fell on to the floor flat. Just as Suho was about to stood up, the light was on. Suho tried to adjust his eyes to the light when he saw the black pearl which was on the table was gone.

“, the pearl was stolen” cried the chief as he pulled his hair in frustration

On other hand, Suho was shocked and impressed at the same time. He could not believe that he let the thieves stole the pearl and escaped right under his nose. He felt himself humiliated.

Whay are you all standing there for. Get your out now to find the thieves and the pearl!” yelled the chief once again.

“Y-yes sir”

The police officers in the main room including Suho immediately ran out. The chief inspector himself also ran out of the room and cursed EXO-M.

Little did they know that, a figure was standing at a corner with a smirked on his face.

~~

Suho was running around the hall way of the mansion to look out for any sign of the thieves and the pearl. He stopped when Suho could see a figure coming out of a room with a file holding in his hand. Suho was just only a few meters away from him. When he saw the man left, he quietly followed while pulling out a gun. He then targeted the man with his gun and…

Bang!

He released the shot and hit at the wall which just right beside the figure. The figure stopped and turned.

“Stop where you are right now! You are under arrest for attempt robbery” shouted Suho while pointing his gun to someone not far from him.

“Mine mine what do I have here? An annoying police officer” said the figure with a sarcastic tone. The figure had half of his face covered with a mask.

Suho ignored the sarcastic replied from the thief and instead he slowly shortens his distance between the thief. The thief did not run away but stood still.

“Hey I know you. You are the one who stand next to the chief inspector during the press conference” said the thief or you could is Lay as he smiled, showing his dimple.

“What? You were at the conference?” said Suho with a shocked face while lowering his gun.

Lay then took this chance to charge toward Suho with a swift movement. Suho were taken back by it and wanted to punch him but Lay dodge it. He then grabbed Suho’s waist and pinned him on the wall. Their faces were just a inch away.

Suho immediately blushed at how close the thief was. He was trapped under Lay’s arm. He could felt Lay’s breath along his neck.

“No, I see you on TV”

“G-get off me you p-ert” said Suho as he started to moan softly.

“You seemed too young and pretty to be a police officer. Your skin is so smooth and milky which make me wanted to touch it very much” said Lay as he caress Suho’s face.

“Wh-what are y-you doing?” stuttered Suho as he tried to slapped Lay’s hand away but Lay grabbed his hand.

Lay smirked and slowly leaning to Suho. Lay stared at him for a while before giving Suho a kiss on his lip. Suho widened his eyes in shock as the thief kiss him. Lay just ignored the look Suho gave him and kiss him some more. After kiss for one minute, Lay let go of him and his lips with satisfaction.

“You lip are so sweet. This is one of the sweetest desserts I ever taste” said Lay.

“Y-you just…” Suho could not form any words from his mouth as he still shocked with the kiss. His face was really in deep red, just like a tomato.

Lay awed as how cute Suho was. He leaned in to Suho’s ears and whispered.

“Nice knowing you Kim Joonmyeon. By the way, I’m Lay”

Lay stepped back and Suho immediately fell on to the floor with his back on the wall. Suho was still dazed at what had happened that he did not know Lay already left. When Suho snapped back from his dazed, he then remembered the thief but he was nowhere to be seen.

“That bastard! He stole my first kiss!” yelled Suho angrily. “But wait…how in the world he knows my name?” He then muttered to himself with a confused look.

Little did he know that Lay was at a corner looking at him. He was covering his mouth trying to suppress his laughs.

“OMG! He was so fun to toy with” say Lay while still struggling not to laugh too loud as the police officer might heard. Lay then made his move to meet up with Kris who was now at the main hall.

~~

“Your pearl is mine Lee Junwoo or should I say Lee Daeho” said Kris with a smirk at the CEO as he flashed the pearl to him.

“I-I don’t k-now what are you t-talking about” shuttered Lee Junwoo while his face turning very pale.

“You were actually the secretary of Park Sungmin but one day when you learnt that the black pearl could actually bring fortune to who posses it. An idea hit you, wanted the pearl to make you filthy rich. So you killed him and stole the black pearl. You then disappeared along with the pearl for and came back rich and successful with a new name, Lee Junwoo after you killed him five years later” said Kris as a file appeared behind him.

Lee Junwoo face started to twitch when he saw the file. “How in the world did you have it? I kept it very secretly!” He shouted with anger.

“Well, I just happened to pass by your office and stole it of course” said Lay as he appeared behind Kris with a smirk.

“You bastar…” before Lee Junwoo could finished his words, he was knock out by Tao who secretly walking behind him just now.

“Tao” said Kris with a soft tone.

Tao remained silent and avoid having eyes contact with Kris. He still mad at Kris but he could not bring himself to hate him as he still lover Kris very much. If Tao did not turn just now, he would see Kris’s hurt face. Tao was standing a distance away looking lifeless. Kris blamed himself for hurting Tao like this, He had no intention to lie that he only like Tao like a brother.

“Hey where have you been Lay?” Kris was asking Lay but his eyes still locked at the Tao.

“Oh, I was just having a dessert when I was on my way here” smiled Lay innocently.

Kris just rolled his eyes at Lay and moved away.

“All right then. We should leave at once before the pesky police came and destroyed our victory…” Kris froze when he saw a figure hiding behind the pillar not far from Tao. He was holding a gun and was aiming at Tao who was still oblivious at having someone behind him. Without hesitation, he ran to Tao.

“Tao!”

Bang!

Tao was clueless and surprised at the same time. He was clueless what had just happened and surprised as he was pushed on to the floor with a weight on top of him. He opened his eyes to meet Kris’s face a few inches away from him.

“Tao are you okay?” said Kris as he held tightly on Tao’s shoulder.

“I-I’m fine” said Tao with a blushed.

“Hyung, the pearl…someone took the pearl” shouted Lay while pointing to a man who took the peal which just dropped out from Kris’s hand when Kris was trying to save Tao. Then, they heard footsteps coming toward their direction.

“ the police are coming! What should we do?” aksed Lay.

“You and Tao go ahead and meet Luhan at the exit” said Kris while frowning.

“What about you?” asked Tao.

“I will go and take the pearl. Quick hurry just go. Don’t worry about me”

“But…”

Lay immediately grabbed Tao and ran away to another exit. Tao was looking back at Kris who was standing alone in the room. He then saw Kris smiled and muttering something but he was too far. He could not catch what he said.

 

“Wait for me Tao, I promised I’ll come back and I will declare my love to you. Just wait” muttered Kris. As Tao disappeared from his sight, Kris then dropped his knees on the ground groaning in pain. He lifted up his shirt and see blood gashing out from his waist. The bullet must has hit him when he was trying to save Tao. He tried to shake his head from dizziness and ripped his clothes and wrapped around his waist to stop the blood gashing out. He had no time to waste. He needed to snatch back the pearl. As he finished, he started to out to where the man had escaped. He knew where the man went as there was only one way to the other side.

Finally, he saw the man at the door trying to unlock it. He moved silently to the man and knocks him out with his hard fist. He snatches the pearl and headed to meet up with Tao and the others. As he was walking, his eyesight began to blur and there was still blood coming out from his waist. He did not want to waste any more time and hurried to the exit to meet up the others, his beloved panda.

~~

”Where is he anyway?” said Xiumin as he walked back and forth across the empty street impatiently.

“Be patient I’m sure hyung will be here soon” said Chen as he tried to calm the boy down.

“Chen is right. So could you please stop moving? You are making me dizzy” said Luhan while leaning against the van.

“Then look away. That will stop you from getting dizzy” said Xiumin with an icy tone.

“Guys please stop arguing” Lay sighed while shoving his hands into his pockets.

“…”

“Tao, are you okay? You seem so quiet today” asked Chen.

“I’m okay” said Tao as he reassured his hyung that there was nothing wrong on him.

Lay wanted to say something but he was interrupted by Luhan.

“Hey someone is coming”

“Who is it? Is it Kris” asked Xiumin as he squint his eyes to see a figure coming toward their direction.

“I hope is not the police” said Chen.

“Nope. Definitely is Kris. Look, he have the Black Star” said Lay happily.

Kris walked toward the van where s were waiting. He then stopped himself in front of Tao while tossing the Black Star to Lay.

“Hey watch where you throwing” said Lay as he caught the pearl. That moment his heart began to stop when his duizhang throw the pearl to him. What if the pearl dropped onto the ground?

Kris ignored Lay as his eyes were glued on Tao who was standing very awkwardly. Tao was not prepared to talk with Kris so he turned and wanted to walk away but two strong firm hand grabbed his shoulder and turned him back. Now, he was facing Kris closely.

“Ge ge?”

“Tao…I-I’m sorry…forgive me and I love you…” Kris could felt he was getting dizzy and he fell forward to Tao, making both of them landed on the ground.

Tao was taken back by Kris who suddenly fell toward him. Before he knew it, Tao was already on the ground with Kris on top of him with his eyes closed. Kris face was as white as paper.

“Ge ge what wrong” said Tao in panic. Then, he felt his hand was wet. He looked at it and realized it was blood. He quickly turned Kris’s body and to his horror he found that Kris was hurt as he was bleeding. Then, he remembered that Kris save him from a gunshot. Kris must have been hit by the bullet.

“N-no…No this can’t be happening. Kris ge ge wake up. Don’t leave me…I l-love you too…Please…wake up” cried Tao as he hugged the unconicious Kris.

“Tao!” the others came beside the couple with a worried face.

“Ge ge…K-kris ge ge was shot and now he is unconscious” Tao said desperately with tears falling down his cheeks.

“Quick get Kris into the van. We need to head home and treat him immediately” said Chen. They nodded their head. Tao and Xumin immediately picked Kris up together and lay him at the back seat with his head on Tao’s lap.

“Tao, tried to hold his wounds and stopped the blood from flowing out” said Lay as seated at the driver’s seat and prepared to start the engine.

“Hold on guys, this going to be a bumpy ride”

~~

As their van stopped in front of their dorm, Tao immediately carried Kris inside the dorm and placed him to Lay’s laboratory. Besides being a thief, Lay was also proficient in medical skills, specializes in the development of various medicine and new drugs. In short, he was the doctor of EXO-M.

As Lay entered his lab, he told the others including Tao to get out of his lab and closed the door right into their face. While Lay was inside treating Kris wound, Tao was sitting and leaning against the wall with his head in between his knees.

“Will he be okay?” said Tao with a soft tone. He thought that his hyungs never heard him but they could heard him very clearly.

Chen then sat beside Tao while patted his back to comfort him. “I’m sure Kris hyung will pull through” said Chen while hugging him. He was also started to cry.

Xiumin saw the scenr in font of him but he did not bother to separate them as he knew that Tao was suffering so he did not want to interrupt them.

After one hour of waiting, Lay finally come out of his lab with a blank face. Tao then stood up from the floor and dashed to Lay to grab his collar while the others follow him from behind. Lay nearly lost his balance when Tao came and grabbed him.

“Whoa! Calm down Tao” said Lay while trying to regain his balance.

“How is he?” said Tao with an anxious tone while still crying.

“I managed to take out the bullet but I can’t guarantee that he will wake up soon. Don’t worry, he should be fine” said Lay when he smiled to Tao.

Tao cried in happiness as he heard that Kris is going to be fine. He covered his mouth while crying very hard.

“Thank god he is okay” said Luhan.

“Later, bring Kris back to his room and let him rest there. I think he will wake up soon by next morning” said Lay.

“Lay ge ge, can I stay in Kris room while looking after him” said Tao while he pleaded Lay with his teary eyes.

“Sure” said Lay then he motioned Tao and Xiumin to carry Kris back to his room.

~~

‘Where am I?’ Kris opened his eyes to see the white ceiling on top of him. He turned his head slightly and realized that he was lying on his bed in his room. He doesn’t remember himself being in his bed but he remembered that he was shot when he tried to save Tao. He then fainted on top of Tao after he came back with the pearl. He groaned in pain as he tried to move a little to adjust himself.

Then, he was startled by a soft whimper on his left side of the bed. He turned and saw Tao was sleeping on the floor without a blanket. He chuckled at how cute Tao was when he was lying on the floor. He then decided to wake the younger up as he worried that Tao might catch a cold.

“Tao, wake up. You’ll catch a cold if you sleep there”

“umm…Kris?” Tao woke up while rubbing his eyes cutely. He thought that he was having a dream that Kris was waking him up but when he full awake, he then noticed that Kris had regain conscious. He widened his eyes with his whole body froze on the spot.

“Tao? What wrong” asked Kris as he reached down to caress Tao’s face gently with a weak smile plastering on his face.

“Ge ge you finally awake. I’m so worried. I thought I lost you” said Tao as he climbed onto Kris bed and put his head on the latter’s shoulder crying out loud.

“How long did I unconscious” asked Kris as he bring the younger closer to him, ignoring the pain from his waist.

“Three days” muttered Tao.

"What?!" Kris asked not sure if he just heard that right.

“I’m glad you are all right now” Tao smiled as he removed himself from Kris’s embrace.

“Tao I lo…”

“Ge ge I love you” said Tao softly while avoiding having eye contact with Kris.

“W-what did you say?” stuttered Kris as he tried to lean closer to hear it again.

“I love you Wu Fan” said Tao as he quickly gave a peck on Kris’s lip before looking down again.

Kris then lifted up Tao’s chin to meet his eyes. “Do you r-really…forgive me?” asked Kris as he tried to suppress his excitement inside him.

Tao nodded his head with his face blushed. Kris pulled the younger into a hug and gave Tao a passionate kiss on his lip. After kissing for 1 minute, Tao finally broke the kiss first.

“I love you too Hunag Zi Tao” said Kris.

Both of them fell back on the bed and cuddled to each other to sleep with smiles on their face.

~~

The next morning, the chief inspector had once again received the card from EXO-M together with a file. It was the same file that contains the evidence of Lee Junwoo murdered Park Sungmin 15 years ago. Suho immediately recognized the file as it was the same file that the thief called Lay who had it on his hand when he saw him coming out of the room as well as stoling his first kiss.

“ing bustard! I swear that if we ever meet again, I make you regret of messing with me” muttered Suho as he clenched his fist very tightly.

 

End of First Story

~~

Finally, I have completed story one. This chapter is longest than I expected. More than 3000 words O_O! I hope you like the first story. Please anciptate for Story two: Angel’s Tear.