Mission 1.4

Catch me If You Can

 

“Kris ge ge hurry! Let go in to that store” said Tao as he spotted his favourite store in the shopping mall. He quickens his steps while his hand was held by the leader.

“Slow down, they won’t run away” said Kris while trying to calm panda the boy down.

Tao ignored him and instead pull Kris with full force into the store with his eyes dazzled and lips curved up like a mad fan boy over Gucci. Kris could not believe that Tao had more strength than him. He guessed that he cannot underestimate the power of Gucci, making his panda like this.

Once they were inside, Tao immediately let go of his hand from Kris and run away to somewhere. Kris was left alone in a corner of the store while Tao went to somewhere for his Gucci. He sighed and decided to walk the shop around a little to check on the items in the store.

After two hours, Tao finally came back but he did not come back empty handed. His two hands was carrying many bags with the word GUCCI printed on it. Tao then placed the bags on the couch which Kris was sitting on it.  Kris was curious what Tao had buy so he opened them one by one and his face become shock and pale at the same time. If Kris saw them correctly, Tao had brought six shirts, five pairs of pants, four jackets, three colognes, two pairs of shoes and one bag.

“T-tao, don’t you think you bought too much?” asked Kris.

“Too much? B-but I felt that I bought too less” said Tao with an innocent face while looking at Kris.

‘Argh! Not that face. Tao stop it. My heart can’t take it’

Kris immediately coughed with a blushed face and he looked away. He felt kind of awkward standing close to Tao who was still oblivious on Kris’s blushing.

“Ge ge are you okay? Did you just cough? You face is red. Are you sick or something?” asked tao as he put his hand on Kris’s forhead with an anxious ton,

“I-I’m fine” said Kris as he grabbed Tao’s hand away from him. Then he remembered something. “Come on, let’s get an ice cream before heading back to the dorm” He said while his back facing Tao as he began to took Tao’s bags with his two hands.

“Ge ge it’s too heavy. Let me carry them” Tao said as he reached his hand to his bags. As he was reaching for his bags, he accidently brushed his hand against Kris’s, causing the later to jump a little and backed away from Tao. Tao was surprised but hurt at the same time due to Kris’s reaction. Kris saw it and quickly tried to cheer his little panda to break his attention.

“Tao, let’s go before getting late” said Kris as he motioned Tao to go first and he will followed.

 

Just as Kris promised, he brought Tao to a nearby ice cream shop to buy ice cream for Tao. As both Kris and Tao stepped into the shop, they caught the customers’ attention of how handsome they were. Some high school girls even squealed and giggling to themselves. Kris just rolled his eyes ignoring the squealing and pulled Tao to the counter to order.

“Hello, what yours order?” smiled the shop assistance who was standing behind the counter. When she immediately saw Kris, she started to blush while smiling at him. But Kris was oblivious about her action and looked at the menu instead.

Tao saw that and frowned. “” muttered softly that both Kris and the shop assistance could not hear him.

“May I have one chocolate flavored ice cream please? Tao what about you?” Kris then turned his head and asked Tao who was still glaring at the shop assistance. He seemed that he did not heard Kris was calling him as he was busy glaring at the who was flirting with Kris. “Tao!”

“Huh?” Tao immediately snapped back and turned his head to Kris who was looking at him with a confused look. “Yes gege?”

“I’m asking what you want?” said Kris.

“Oh. I’m sorry. I kind of spacing out. I wanted peach flavored ice cream please” said Tao while giving him a cute smile.

Kris nodded and went back to the shop assistance and ordered Tao’s. The shop assistance nodded while jolted down their orders.

“Okay one chocolate flavored and one peach flavored. Your orders will be coming right up in a few minutes” said the shop assistance while giving Kris a wink. Kris just remained his poker face and nodded his head as well. Tao however was still fuming inside of him. Does he feel jealous? He don’t know but when he see someone flirting with Kris, he wanted to rip that person apart.

Their ice cream finally came. They took their ice cream and went to sit at a corner to have their ice cream. Kris was eating his ice cream slowly while staring at Tao who was eating his ice cream like a kid. He chuckled at the sight before him. He then noticed that there were some at the corner of Tao’s lip.

“Tao, there some ice cream left on your lip” said Kris as he pointed his lip.

“Really? Where?” said Tao as he tried to his lip but he could not find where the stain was.

“Come here I’ll will help you” said Kris as he leaned forward to Tao and reached out his hand to wipe away the stain on Tao’s lip with his thumb. He then off the ice cream on his thumb, not knowing that Tao was staring at him with his mouth opened. He found Kris y when he was and his thumb. He gulped as his eyes could not look away the perfect being in front of him. After getting rid the ice cream from his thumb, he then noticed Tao was staring at him.

“Something wrong?”

“N-nothing” said Tao as he quickly looks away while blushing.

Kris just shrugged and continued eating his ice cream when he heard his phone vibrate. He took it out and answered the call, not bothering who is the caller.

“Hello?”

“Kris, we have work tonight. Get your back to the dorm right now!” yelled Xiumin from the line.

“All right. We are coming back now” Kris sighed as he ended his call. “Tao, we have to go.” He said as he stood up from

“Why?” asked Tao while tilted his head in a cute way.

“Work”

~~

“We are home!” said Tao as he opened the front door to his dorm with Kris behind him. He then noticed the rest of the members are already gathered at the living room waiting for them.

“Welcome back! Look like you got yourself many prizes huh Tao?” said Luhan while looking at Kris who was holding Tao’s bags.

“So Kris how is the shopping with Tao?” asked Lay.

“It’s tiring” replied Kris before he went inside to Tao’s room to put his things in his room and came back, sitting on the couch with Lay.

Tao then sat beside Kris and thus all the members are here and they could start their mission.

“So what is our mission this time?” asked Kris.

“This time, we will be stealing the pearl called ‘Black Star’” said Xiumin as he flashed the picture of the black pearl through the projector.

“Wow it is pretty” said Luhan as he glanced at the pearl.

“So where the pearl now?”

“It was fall under the hand of Lee Junwoo, the CEO of Lee cooperation. The Black Star has been in the Lee family for over 30 years for good luck charm” said Chen as he read the report from his hand.

“But actually the pearl did not belong to the Lee family” said Xiumin with a smirk on his face.

“Why?” asked Tao.

“Before Lee family, the pearl was originally from a successful businessman named Park Sungmin. However, he was murdered 15 years ago and the pearl disappeared. After five years, the black pearl appeared again and now was under Lee’s possession” Chen help Xiumin to continue while typing something in his laptop.

“So you telling me that Lee Junwoo had something to do with Park Sungmin’s death” asked Kris as he raised his brow at Xiumin.

“Well, we don’t exactly have any proof so we could not jump in conclusion that he killed Park Sungmin” said Xiumin while stuffing a bun to his mouth.

“Hey hey. We are discussing the pearl, not some old murder case. Let the police handle the case. We Steal. Do all of you understand” said Luhan as he cross his arms looking at s.

“Sorry, get too excited” Xiumin smiled embarrassedly.

 “So what is our plan to steal the pearl” asked Lay.

“As usual, Chen had sent our card to the owner and I bet he will call the police and…” said Xiumin as he glanced at Kris.

“Xiumin and Chen would in charge of the security system, Luhan…you know what to do, as for Lay and Tao will assist Luhan” said Kris with his usual cold face.

“Ge ge what about you?” asked Tao.

“I will in charge of the Black Star” replied Kris as a smirk formed on his face.

~~

After the meeting, each of them went back to their rooms to get ready for the mission. As Kris entered his room, Lay came to his room.

“Duizhang, can we talk?” asked Lay.

“Sure, what you want to talk?” asked Kris as his back face against Lay while he was at his table preparing something.

“It’s about you and Tao” said lay as he walked past Kris and sat on the bed.

Kris immediately stopped what he was doing and now his back was face against the door. His narrowed his eyes at the nervous Lay.

“What about him and me?”

“Well, stop acting dumb. We all know that you and Tao have a thing. Both of you like each other but you and Tao was oblivious of each other feeling…” Lay said but he was cut in by Kris.

“Hold on a second. What do you mean by that? Me and Tao like each other. And What make you so sure that Tao like me?”

Lay rolled his eyes at Kris and give him a are-you-dumb face. “Stop pretending ge ge. I know you like Tao and Tao like you too. Why don’t you just confess?” said Lay with a defeated tone.

Little did they know, someone was standing near to the door hearing their conversation. He was biting his lip while holding tightly his fist to calm himself when he heard Kris said something making him shock.

“Look Lay. Yes I like him…no I love him but only in brother way. You know that Tao and I barely know each other for just one month and I really don’t want Tao to be sad and hurt with me… ” said Kris

“Tao”

When Kris saw Lay looking at the back of him, he immediately looked back to the door to find a hurt Tao standing at the door. He could see tears started to form in his eyes.

Tao was shocked as he could not believe what had Kris said. Yes Tao love him. When Kris wiped the ice cream from his lip, he had fallen deeply in love with him and now Kris said that he only like him as brother. Tao felt his face wet as he knew that he was crying. He then wiped the tears away but they kept falling back.

“Tao, I…” Kris stepped forward wanted to console him but the latter just stared at him with cold eyes that Kris unfamiliar with. His panda had turned into someone he not familiar with.

“I hate you” said Tao with venom in his tone and run to his room with the door slammed shut.

“What I have done? Now Tao hate me!” muttered Kris as he covered his face with his hand.

Lay sighed and stood up from the bed. He patted on Kris and walked out of Kris room, closing the door behind him.

~~

I feeling happy that i reached 100 over subscribers. Please ancipate for the last chapter of Taoris couple's story. Will Tao continue hating Kris or instead something else happen?