Mission 1.1

Catch me If You Can

 

“EXO-M has strike again stealing the most precious artifact from National Museim of Korea. The artifact that was stolen was none other than King of heart which worth 200 million US dollar. The police are still investigating on this case and they hope that they will catch the thieves as soon as possible…”

A tall boy with a duffle bag slung over his shoulder was standing in front of a TV at a display store watching the news reporter reporting the news on EXO-M’s robbery. He then silently looked away from the store and started walking. He took out a piece of paper from his pocket and carefully read it. It was an address to somewhere. He looked around the street but he can’t find any houses in the street. He then started to feel his stomach grumbled. A blush appeared on his face while touching his stomach.

“I’m so hungry”

Tao walked further down the road while checking on the address and looking around the place, hoping to find the house. Just then, from the corner of his eye, he saw a mansion. Without thinking, he decided to head there first.

~~

Now, Tao was standing alone at the entrance of the door to the mansion. He double checked the address with the mansion right in front of him. Look like he found the correct house. The address in the piece of paper matches to the address of the mansion. He shovel his paper back to his pocket before rang the door bell. The bell came out a loud and weird sound which caused the boy to jump a little.

“Who in the world use that for door bell?” muttered the boy.

Then the door opened by itself and revealed a doll like looking young man standing there tilted his head in confusion.

“Who are you?” asked the young man.

Tao did not reply but instead he opened his bag and rummaged his bag for something. When he found what he wanted, he gave it to the boy who raised a brow looking at him.

“A letter for me?”

Tao nodded his head while still holding on the letter. He then heard another voice, a deep husky voice from inside the house.

“Luhan, who is it?”

“A scary boy with a letter” replied Luhan.

A tall young man, taller than Tao, appeared beside Luhan.

‘Wow, he looks tall, handsome and…cold?’

Tao could not bring himself to stare at him the whole time. The cold looking boy took the letter from Luhan and started reading it while Tao still in dazed looking at the person in front of him. Then, he caught Tao staring at him the whole time.

“Why are you staring at my face? Is there something on my face?” asked the young man while narrowing his eyes at Tao who happen to come to his senses when he called him.

“Unh…n-nothing” said Tao as he blushed immediately and avoid the gaze from him.

The young man raised his brow looking at him with a confused look before went back reading the letter. Tao then glanced from the corner of his eyes to look at the person again and saw him frowning while reading his letter.

“Kris, what does the letter say?” asked Luhan as he leaned forward to see the letter which was written in Chinese.

“It’s a letter of recommendation from Victoria noona. She wanted us recruit the boy and took care of this boy” said Kris while sifting his gaze from the letter to the nervous Tao who was holding on to the hem of his shirt.

“Him! Is noona crazy?”

Tao then jumped when he heard Luhan screaming. He pouted as he heard Luhan insulting his jie jie.

“Don’t talk to bad about my jie jie” said Tao while glaring Luhan.

“Victoria noona is your jie jie?” asked Kris before Luhan could talked. Tao nodded his head while holding on tightly to his bag. Then, Kris noticed that the poor boy was still standing outside so he motioned Tao to come inside the house.

As Tao stepped inside the house, he saw another young man sitting on the couch eating snack while watching TV. He then turned his attention away from the TV to Tao.

“What do we have here?”

“Look like we have a new member joining our group Lay” said Kris while tossing the letter to Lay.

 “Let me guess, Victoria noona again” said Lay as he caught it with one hand while stuffing the snacks into his mouth.

“Wow, Lay how you know is her?” Luhan asked while tilting his head with a confused look.

“I told you already. I guess” said Lay as he put another chip in his mouth with a smirk on his face.

Just then, a loud voice cut in their conversation and startled Tao by surprised.

“Layyyyyyyy!”

A young man with chubby cheeks came of nowhere hugging Lay from his back while pointing his finger on the snack.

“How come you never tell me that you are eating snack? We should shared you know” said the young man with a pout.

“X-Xiumin ge, G-get off…me. I-I can’t breathe” Lay stuttered as he tried to pushed him away.

“Yah baozi, get off him right now!” yelled Luhan as he pulled Xiumin with one swift movement, causing his head hitting on the floor.

“Aww my head…You’ll pay for it Luhan” Xiumin winced while glaring at Luhan with his icy glare.

“Hyung, are you okay?” A head popped out above Xiumin with a worried face while holding a laptop near to his chest. He then reached one of his hands right in front of Xiumin’s sight.

“I-I’m fine Chen” said Xiumin as he reached his hand to hold him, to get him up from his feet on the ground. Then he turned his head to Luhan who was now busily checking on shy Tao. “You will pay for pushing me baby-face” He hissed to Luhan with his threat.

“Bring it on baozi” replied Luhan while caress Tao’s face with his fingers. ‘Wow. I never thought you have such a milky white skin”

“Who is he anyway?” said Xiumin as he pointed his finger toward Tao.

“New member…Victoria noona’s dongsaeng. Isn’t he cute?” said Luha as he pinched Tao’s cheek. “Hmm, Xiumin’s cheeks are better to pinch than yours” Luhan nodded his head while giving a totally- agreed face.

“Excuse me!” yelled Xiumin as he clenched his fist. Xiumin never felt of killing someone but Luhan is the first that he ever wanted to do that.

“Wae? Want a fight?” said Luhan with a sarcastic tone.

“Can you guys just stop it? See the both of you arguing making me annoyed too” said Lay as he stood in between Xiumin and Luahn.

“Come on hyungs. You are embarrassing us in front of the new member” said Chen before he gave a warm smile to Tao who was still in dazed at them.

Kris then finally spoke up as he went to Tao. “I’m sorry to let you see such an embarrassing sight”

Tao shook his head while waving his both hands telling him it’s okay then he looked at the floor again with his face blushed. Kris then spoke again.

“Do you know who are we?”

Tao slightly nod his head before replying the tall young man in front of him. “I heard from my jie jie that you all are the famous EXO-M so…”

“That right. We are EXO-M. We are thieves…robbers…we steal things. Are you sure you want to join? I’m not forcing you to join you know”

“I already make up my mind when I left China so please can I stay here with you?” said Tao with a pleading tone.

Kris immediately froze when he saw how Tao pleaded him with his puppy eyes in a cute way.

“W-why don’t you i-introduce yourself to us first?” stuttered Kris while avoiding eye contact with Tao.

“O-okay. Ni hao, I’m Huang Zi Tao. You can call me Tao and I’m 19 this year” said Tao as he bowed to them.

“Nice to meet you Tao. As you know, I’m the leader and my name is Wu Fan. You can call me Kris” said Kris coolly while he shoved his hands to his pockets with his cold face.

“Hi! I’m Luhan and that chubby scaring guy over there is Xiumin. You should be careful when you touching his things, especially food” said Luhan as he slung his arms around Tao’s shoulder.

“Hey, I can introduce myself and what do you mean by cubby scaring guy. And stop touching the innocent Tao you ert” yelled Xiumin. But Luhan sticks out his tongue out a Xiumin while still hugging Tao who was now having his face blushed in deep red.

“Here we go again” Lay sighed while pull Luhan away from Tao. Then, he gave Tao a smile before introducing himself.

“I’m Yixing. You can call me Lay and don’t ask me why I have the same name as the potatoes chips”

Last but not least, Chen stepped in while smiling to him too while Xiumin on other hand glaring at both of them.

“I’m Kim Jongdae. Chen is my nickname. I supposed that I’m no longer the maknae any more since you are here joining us” He said as he offered a hand shake with Tao. Tao reluctantly reached out his hand but was slapped away by Xiumin who happened to stood in between them” Then, everyone stood silent. Chen and Tao were surprised by his action.

“Hyung, what are you doing slapping Tao‘s hand?” asked Chen as he tilted his head looking at Xiumin with a questioned look.

“Oh, there is a mosquito on his hand so I helped him to get rid of it by slapping his hand” said Xiumin with an innocent look.

Luhan, Kris and Lay gave Xiumin a –you-are-lying-looks while the latter just ignored them while trying to give Chen his sweet smile but when he turned his head toward Tao, he immediately gave him an icy glare before smile at Chen again.

“Ok then hyung” said Chen who was oblivious by Xiumin’s jealousy walked away to the couch while switching on his laptop. Xiumin gave the rest a smirked before joining his beloved Chen on the couch.

Just then, Tao’s stomach grumbled, causing Tao to blush again.

“Oh, someone is hungry” teased Lay.

“I-I so sorry. I have not eaten since I reached Seoul” said Tao while still have his eyes glued on the floor.

“Bwoh! Poor baby Tao. Come with me to the kitchen. There is some food there” said Luhan while wanting to grab Tao but Kris stepped in before him and grabbed Tao instead. Kris leaves the dumbfounded Luhan and amused Lay at the living room while guiding Tao to the dining table with some food. Tao immediately his lip when he saw the food.

“I hope you don’t mind to eat dumplings as we only left those while Xiumin eat the rest” said Kris with an apologetic tone.

“Yah Kris I heard that?” shouted Xiumin across from the living room.

“Anyway, Lay will probably later showing you your room. Each of us has a room to ourselves…” Kris stopped when he saw Tao gobble down the dumplings like no tomorrow and it seem that Tao was not listening to Kris. Kris could only chuckle and shook his head.

~~

 “Here it is! Your new room” said Lay as he opened Tao’s room to reveal the interior to Tao. “So do you like it?”

Tao nodded his head in satisfaction before tossing his bag on the bed.

“Fell free to tell me if you need anything else. My room is just opposite yours” said Lay as he excused himself out of Tao’s room. Tao sighed and toss himself on his bed. He then opened his bag and took out a panda plushie. He made his body fall back on the bed while hugging his panda. Then, tiredness came consuming him before he knew it, he had fallen asleep.  

 

A/N: sorry that i update so late. I hope you like the first chapter.