Mission 3.1

Catch me If You Can

 

Mission 3

It was an ordinary morning in the Kim’s resident. A figure was sitting alone at one end of a long dining table in a large dining hall. He was poking at his food in front of him, feeling bored at the moment. A man in his 60’s stood beside him was pouring some juice to a glass. He saw his young master not in a good mood so he decided to have a chat with him.

“What seems to be the matter Young Master Jongin?” asked the butler.

“N-Nothing. I’m feeling bored that all” replied Jongin aka Kai shook his head to his butler with a sad smile and went back eating his breakfast. “I wish Suho hyung is here” He muttered with a sigh.

“Speaking of Young master Joonmyeon, I have not seen him for days. I wondered how he is.” The butler said as he looked at Kai.

“He had been busy with his case with my dad that he did not even come home and visit me. That not fair…I miss him so much” Kai pouted angrily to himself.

That was not the only thing he was angry at. He took out his phone and checked for any call or message from one person but it appeared there was none.

“Stupid Kyungsoo” He muttered while shoving back his phone to his pocket.

After one week of that incident, he had been calling for Kyungsoo but he could not reach Kyungsoo as the number that Kyungsoo gave was no longer in used. He wondered what had happen to Kyungsoo and why was he not answering his call. Did he change his phone number just to avoid Kai?

Kai also tried to went to look Kyungsoo’s best friend, Chanyeol, to ask whereabouts of Kyungsoo. His friend told him that he had not seen Kyungsoo in school for one whole week but luckily Chanyeol had asked his lover, Kyungsoo’s cousin, Baekhyun. From Baekhyun, Kai then knew that Kyungsoo needed to attend an urgent family matter and won't be back after one week.

Now, it had been one week. Kai hope to see Kyungsoo in the campus. He looked at the clock hanging on the wall and it’s time for him to go school. He stood up with his bag and head to the front door.

“Young master Jongin, do you need someone to drive you to school?” His butler came to him while adjusting his attire.

“No, I’m walking to school. Bye” said Kai as he lazily wave goodbye to him before heading out.

As Jongin stepped out of the gate, he began to rub his hands. “Brr it’s so cold” He adjusted his coat before walking to the street that leads him to his university.

~~

A cab stopped in front of an apartment. Kyugsoo came out of the cab with a suitcase after paying the driver. He rubbed his hand for warm. He looked around, everything is white, and there was snow everywhere. He took his suitcase on the floor and went inside to his apartment.

As he stood in front of his door, he slides his key into the keyhole and twist. Kyungsoo entered as the door opened. He glanced around the room that he had not been living for a week. He was finally home. He took his suitcase and went to his bedroom. He placed his suitcase on the floor beside his bed and removed his big coat along the way. He tossed himself onto his bed and smelled the scent of his pillow.

“Ah so good to be home” Kyungsoo muttered as he buried his face on the pillow. He stayed at the bed for ten minutes, and then he remembered something. He sat from his bed and took something out of the suitcase. It was a small white chest with his family crest carved on top. He opened it and inside, there was a diamond heart necklace. 

When Kyungsoo saw this necklace, his mind started drifting the day when he received call from his father’s secretary that he need to return to the place he used to call  home immediately as his father had passed away.

Flashback:

Kyungsoo stood at the door steps of a large mansion that he used to live. He had not been here since he left two years ago. He bite his lips, waiting patiently as the butler of the Do’s household opened the door for him.

“Long time no sees Young master Kyungsoo. Thank you for coming back and attend master’s funeral” said a thin man who was in his late 70s as he bowed politely.

“Hello Uncle Lee” Kyungsoo bowed to him slightly with a soft smile.

“Come in sir” The butler gestured Kyungsoo came in and he took his suitcase once he was inside the mansion.

Then, his father’s secretary, Mr. Park came and greeted him.

 “Young master Kyungsoo, I’m glad you make it to your father’s funeral. Come, I will show you the way” He led Kyungsoo to a room where the funeral was held. As Kyungsoo was walking, he met some of the guests who came and attended the funeral. They were staring at Kyungsoo while whispering to themselves. Kyungsoo knew very well that his was not welcomed here so he just ignored them and followed Mr. Park.

As they were inside a big room where the funeral was held, Kyungsoo saw his stepmother sitting at a corner wiping her tears with a napkin. His two stepsisters, Jessica and Krystal were there as well comforting their mother.

The trio then looked up to see Kyungsoo standing at the doorway with Mr. Park. His stepmother immediately stood up and pointed her finger at Kyungsoo angrily.

“Why is he doing here?” Her tone sounded like in disgust.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and decided not to speak to prevent staring an argument. He was not in good term with his stepmother as well as his stepsisters. They did not like him very much even though they are a family (not blood related).

“Madam Jung, Young master Kyungsoo is here to pay his last respect to Master as a son” replied Mr. Park nonchalantly.

“He is no longer a part of family as he clearly announce that he was not interested in taking his father’s business and did not want to have anything with the family before he left the main house two years ago” Madam Jung protested while still glaring coldly to Kyungsoo who was in his own world.

“Of course I know that but he still considering his biological son so he has the right to attend funeral as well as for master’s will” Mr. Park said as he wiped his glasses with a napkin before putting back on. “If you excuse us, young master Kyungsoo this way” Mr. Park led Kyungsoo to his father’s coffin while ignoring the looks from Madam Jung and her daughters.

Kyungsoo stood in front of his father’s coffin, looking at the photo of his father smiling making him wanted to cry. He closed his eyes picturing his father and his mother taking both of his small little hands at each side walking together happily. His mother was the first who pass away and now was his beloved father. He silently cried to himself while Mr. Park patted his shoulder to show his sympathy.

~~

Once the funeral over, all the family members from Do family including Kyungsoo had gathered at the living room listening Mr. Do’s will from the lawyer.

Most of the Do’s family inheritance was given to Madam Jung and her daughters. Some of the relatives were not happy but they did not dare to protest as they knew Madam Jung was someone you cannot mess with. She had a powerful background that everyone in the family was scared of her.

As for Kyungsoo, his father left him inherits an amount of money worth ten billions. Kyungsoo could not believe what he had just heard and he could only stay blank throughout the whole session.

When it was all over, all the family members had left the room except Kyungsoo as Mr. Park asked him to follow him to his father’s study room as he had something else to tell him.

Kyunsoo sat on an armchair as he watched Mr. Park lock the door and went straight to his father’s desk. Kyungsoo fidgeted while looking around the room. He had not come to his father’s room for a long time. He could see there was nothing changed in the room since he left.

“Mr. Park?” asked Kyungsoo as he stood up from the arm chair walking towards the secretary. “Yes?” The secretary replied as he took a set of keys from his pocket.

“A-about the ten billions…I-I don’t want it…please take it back” Kyunsoo said as he placed the cheque on the desk.

Mr. Park looked at the cheque lying on the desk then looked up at Kyungsoo confused. “Why? Your father left it to you as you are still his son. You are still a member of the Do family so you have the right to take what is belong to you”

“It’s too much for me. I just want to live a simple life. A life which doesn’t include fighting over the inheritance so please” Kyungsoo begged with sad face. “I’m sure my father understand”

“What should I do with this money” Mr. Park took the cheque.

“I don’t know…maybe donate to charity under my father’s name. There are some other needy people needed the money more than I do” Kyungsoo suggested.

“All right then if you insist” Mr. Park placed the cheque in the drawer. Then he took the keys and went to a corner of room. He press the head of a lion’s statue beside him and the wall moved on its own, revealing a secret door. “This door lead to another secret room” Mr. Park explained as he inserts the key inside the keyhole.

Kyungsoo came behind the secretary looking at the door stunned. He did not know that there was a hidden door that leads to another room. He was curious what was inside. Why his father been so secretive to have a secret room?

As the door opened, Mr. Park let Kyungsoo in the room first before he followed. It was ordinary plain white room and marble carpet floor. The room was filled with the scent of white rose, his mother’s favorite. In the middle of the room, a small white chest was sealed inside a glass box.

Mr. Park went to punch in the code number that was in front of the glass box. The cover of the glass box immediately opened and Mr.Park took the white chest. He walked towards to Kyungsoo with the chest on both of his hand. Form the way Mr. Park holding it, Kyungsoo knew the thing inside the chest must be very important.

“What is this?” asked Kyungsoo as he stared at the white chest in front of him. He could see his family crest carved on top.

Mr. Park opened the white chest and inside laid a sparkling diamond heart necklace. “Heart of Purity. A heirloom belong to the Do family and it had been passes down from generation to generation. It is a priceless treasure” said Mr. Park.

Kyungsoo widened his eyes looking at the diamond with a shock. He felt that diamond very familiar. He remembered seeing his father showing him a few times with his birth mother when he was young. When thinking about his father, he wanted to cry again.

“Now it’s my duty on behalf of Master’s wish to pass down this heirloom to the new owner” said Mr. Park as he closed the chest and handed over Kyungsoo politely.

“What but I no longer…” Kyungsoo wanted to decline but the secretary cut him.

“Young master please accept it. You are the only suitable person left to protect the diamond” Mr. Park reached to hold Kyungsoo’s hands and placed the chest on his palms. Kyungsoo looked up at the secretary with a confused face. “A lot of your father’s competitors including your stepmother had been eying for the treasure for very long. It’s lucky that your father hide it very well so no one able to steal it”

“What make it so special about the diamond hat people wanted to steal it?” Kyungsoo spoke as he stared at the chest with no expression.

“For fortune I guess since it’s valuable but there is a secret about the diamond that only the Do family knew” replied Mr. Park as he took out his glasses and wiped it with a napkin before putting back on.

“Secret?” Kyungoss raised his brow at Mr. Park.

“It was rumored that the Do’s family have a large sum of treasures hidden long ago and that diamond is the key to it. But it only rumor as no one ever found the treasures” shrugged Mr. Park.

“A key huh” Kyungsoo muttered as he looked down at the chest.

End of flashback

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he closed the chest. He looked up the clock on the wall and it’s already noon. He was thinking of meeting Chanyeol later so he took out his new phone, sending a text to him. After he clicked the send button, he placed his phone on the bed. He stood up from his bed and went somewhere to keep his chest safe.

~~

Xiumin walked down from the stairs with a file with him, humming some random tunes. He just got another job from his client and now he was heading to living the room to break the news to . Once he reached the living door, all the members were already at the living room. Luhan and Chen were competing with each other on Dance Dance Revolution, in front of the bid LCD screen while Kris had Tao on his lap watching them dancing. Kris would then put a piece of potato chip to feed his precious panda and the latter then gladly opens his mouth. Lay was beside the taoris couple stared blankly at the two dancing.

Xiumin cleared his throat to get attention from his fellow members but no one paid attention to him.

“I’m going to beat you Chen!” Luhan yelled while he worked on focusing the screen and his legs was moving to the beat.

“No way! I’m the ‘dancing machine’. I’m the best” Chen yelled back with a pout which make Xiumin think it’s cute.

“Give you best shot dancing machine. Don’t cry for mommy when I beat you” Luhan said with a hint of sarcasm.

“We’ll see” Chen smirked.

“I say, hyungs you two are so childish” Tao commented as he laid his head on Kris shoulder lazily with a yawn.

Kris smiled as he wrapped his arms around his lover’s waist and placed a kiss on his cheek, earning Tao to blush. “Oh is my baby panda tired already?”

“Gege” Tao covered his face with his hand in embarrassment.

Lay rolled his eyes at the couple beside him and took a bit of a potato chip. “You guys are gross, making me want to puke” muttered Lay. As Lay reached out to took another one, the bag of potatoes chips was gone, instead it was with Luhan who was taking a seat beside him and eating the chips happily.

“Hey my chips!” Lay yelled as he snatched back his chips. Then, he realized something, the game is already over. Luhan was happily beside him eating his chips while Chen was sulking at other couch. He assumed he knows who won the game.

“Look like you all are having fun” Xiumin’s voice made them snap and turned their head to Xiumin who was folding his arms. He walked over to them and handed Kris a file of their new mission before walking to Chen to clam him.

“Not again! I have not rest enough” Luhan protested as he watched Kris took out some photos from the file.

“Shut up Luhan! I’ll get you making Chen humiliated” Xiumin hissed while he still patting Chen’s back slowly.

“It’s just a game” Luhan snorted.

“This time my turn to beat you” Xiumin challenged Luhan.

“Game on” Luhan accepted with a smirk.

“All right stops arguing and focus on the new mission. It’s important” Kris shots daggers at his hyungs who immediately nodded and shut their mouth. Kris then went back reading the file. The members exclude Xiumin crown around Kris and read the file too.

Kris’s face then began to show sign of an amusement as he lowered the file. “This is new. Are you sure we are doing this mission?” Kris looked at Xiumin.

“I have no other choice. This client is a friend of Victoria noona and he really needs our help to do the mission. Oh and noona is the one who sent the mission to me” said Xiumin as he crossed his leg.

“If you say so then we have to accept the mission right Kris?” Lay looked at his leader. The latter just nodded his head to response.

“We just have to spy on this boy is that it?” said Luhan as he picked up a photo of a boy. “Aww he’s so cute with big round eyes”

“Yes, he has what we wanted” answered Xiumin with a nod. Hmph! Chen is cuter than him.

“What his name again?” Tao tilted his head with a confused look.

“Do Kyungsoo. 20 years old. A student studied at National Seoul University, major in music. He is the only son of the CEO of Do Chorp. His mother pass away when he was ten and his father remarried when he was twelve. He has two stepsisters, Jessica Jung and Krystal Jung. He was not interested in taking over his father’s business so he left the house two years ago to live by himself to persuade a degree in music” said Chen as stared at his laptop.

“National Seoul University…that sound so familiar” Luahn tapped his chin with his index finger.

“That where I work you idiot” said Lay as he smacked Luhan’s head, making Luhan to groaned in pain.

“So what the plan duizhang?” asked Chen as he removed his eyes from his laptop.

“I might just have an idea” said Kris with a smirk.

“What is it gege?” Tao turned his head and looked at his boyfriend excitedly.

“Well we could…” Kris said his plan while s crowded around him, listening to his plan with their evil smirks.