A Special Place

My Twisted Fairytale with Infinite

~~~~~'s POV

Thank I survived.

You were finally at the dance studio after dragging yourself up the stairs. You used to be able to run up but now you were panting like you had just finished a triathalon. It's all because of that dude. You blew your slightly sweaty bangs and turned the tarnished brass doorknob. The wooden door swung open with that familiar squeak and as you stepped in, the first floorboard you stepped on creaked a little, as it has always been since you first started lessons here when you were 8. You remembered that day so clearly...

FLASHBACK

You looked back at your dad as you placed your hand on the shiny brass doorknob. Butterflies were fluttering in your tummy and you were starting to rethink this whole dance class thing. He gave you an encouraging nod and a cheesy smile while he pumped his fist in the air. "Go ~~~~~!" He mouthed. You giggled a little. Silly appa. Well I guess I shouldn't disappoint him then. Taking a deep breath, you opened the door and stepped into a whole new world.

You barely noticed the creaking floorboard beneath your feet as your mouth hung open in complete wonder and awe when you saw a boy slightly older than you do a flawless robotic dance routine. His arms and legs were exactly the same as yours, but they moved smoothly to the beat with such intense energy that you were starting to think he was a real robot. Pulling your eyes from the dancing boy, your gaze landed on two more boys who were holding microphones close to their mouths. One of them, you slowly realized, was beat-boxing while the other was rapping in a fluent mix of Korean and English. You were captivated by the rapper as he bobbed his head to the beat and rapped impossibly quickly. All too soon, the song ended and the three boys bowed to the rest of the room as they cheered and clapped for them. You were still standing at the door gaping like a goldfish when the rapper boy turned and saw you. Finding your expression amusing, he smiled and winked at your, then walked to the back of the room coolly with his hands in his pockets.

Just then, a tall, beautiful female noticed you and immediately asked the students to settle down as she made her way towards you. She was clad in a short bright pink hoodie that showed off her lean abdomen right below her cropped tank top with black harem pants and gold sneakers. You recognized her as Ms Zoey, your dance teacher who grew up in America. She smiled at you and asked, "Kwon ~~~~~, right?" You nodded meekly. "I'm Ms Zoey, but you can call me Ms Z. Come on, then." She beckoned for you to follow her as she walked to the front of the room.

"Everyone, this is ~~~~~. She will be learning with you from today onwards so be nice." She gave the class a slightly stern look, and everyone laughed, surprising you. These students seemed more relaxed and laidback than any other class you've ever seen. Ms Z nodded at you, and you realized she was giving you the signal to start your introduction. Taking a deep breath, you said, "Anyeong, I'm Kwon ~~~~~ and I'm 8. I love dancing as I've always treated it as my passion so please help me learn better along the way." The students cheered and hooted, calming you down a bit. Then you heard a boy start to chant, "Dance! Dance! Dance!" Everyone else joined in, urging you to show them what you've got. You looked up at Ms Z and she nodded in approval. You pulled out a CD from your bag and went over to the player to put it in.

You placed your belongings on the floor as you made your way to the front of the room and stood in front of the mirror. As the intro of the song started, you surveyed the faces of everyone else in the reflection. They were curious. There were very few girls in the room and they were eager to see what you had in store. Suddenly, you were nervous, but you forced yourself to focus on your own reflection instead and you grew more confident and determined. I can do this. I've practised this routine for ages. This is my chance to shine. 

Cinderella - The Cheetah Girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUuLNx3Na8Y

The intro of the music played and you closed your eyes, feeling the beat pulse through you as it filled you with that familiar adrenaline. Your body started to move to the strong beat of the music. You became more focused as you danced, that passion for your dance so clear in your brown eyes and you gradually forgot about everything around you while you became one with the music. You could hear audible gasps from the students as they took in your complicated yet absolutely flawless routine that you had perfected through countless hours of practice. You had your most comfortable sneakers on, so you could glide across the floor with no problem at all. Your turns were swift, your arm movements powerful as you popped and locked, and your feet complimenting every single step. You stared intensely at yourself in the mirror, giving your best and never leaving out small details. When it came to another segment of your dance in the chorus, you stood still with your feet apart, looking down. It was your favourite tutting segment and a small smile played on your lips as you looked up slowly. Your arms shot up and you completed a hand and finger tutting routine you created yourself. The students cheered, exhilarated. They had clearly never seen a girl do this before. The smile stayed on your lips as you continued to wow the crowd. 

Then came the bridge of the song. Before today, you had hesitated on mixing two different dance genres into the same routine. It was rarely done and it was really difficult to make it look smooth. You had learnt ballet when you were younger and you were keen on adding some comtemporary dance moves during the bridge where the beat was not as strong. You choreographed a short comtemporary dance for that 15 second part of the song but you were always afraid to try it for real.

But right now, as the adrenaline pumped through your veins, you knew deep down that it would be pretty awesome. So you gave it a shot.

When the beat faded off momentarily for the bridge, you began your graceful moves with a double pirouette and you could see everyone's surprise as you spun. Too late for second thoughts now, ~~~~~. And you kept going. Your previous hardcore hiphop moves were replaced with swan-like gentleness and poise. Your moves were still powerful, but they were now subtle. At the of the singing, you took three big steps forward and did an amazing high kick with one leg. With that, you did a final spin and went back into the hiphop routine without a hitch for the final chorus. You couldn't control your smile now. You gave the final segment all the energy you had, and you could literally feel your body recharge and perform the last moves with newfound intensity. And you ended the dance with a pose, back-facing the students with your head slightly turned towards them.

The room was silent for a few seconds as you breathed heavily, slightly exhausted from the powerful dance. For an awful moment, you thought they hated your dance. But when everyone broke into huge cheers, you sighed with relief. They gathered around you and compliments flew towards you from all directions.

"Oh my god, ~~~~~ you were so cool!"

"How did you dance like that? You were like a perfect ballerina and hiphop dancer hybrid!"

"Dude, I am so in love with you right now."

"This girl, my friends, is a real dancer."

You giggled. You were thankful you decided to mix the two dance genres. Ms Z gave you a thumbs up, and you grinned. Eventually, everyone started to disperse, except one kid. It was that rapper boy. You swallowed nervously as he gave you the cutest eye smile ever. "Awesome job, ~~~~~. That was the best dance I have ever seen." He chuckled, ruffled your hair and walked away backwards.

"I'm Byunghyun, if you're wondering. The way you're always speechless around me is giving me the idea that you really wanna get to know me, eh?" He said teasingly.

"Wha...what?? I wanna what..? I didn't... I mean.." You sputtered in defense.

"Chill, ~~~~~. I'm kidding. Let's hang out sometime, okay?" He laughed and jogged backwards while holding up a peace sign.

You smiled and held up a peace sign too.  Byunghyun...

You looked around the room and watched a few students try to mimick your dance moves. Some were learning dance covers off the internet while others seemed to be practising old routines. As you watched the way the students looked like a big happy family, you knew that this dance studio will always be one of the most special places in your life.

Because this was the place where you realized that it was possible to live your dream of being a dancer.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

And there you have it. the fifth chapter of the story~

Sorry it was so dang long. I'm actually a passionate dancer too (shhh) and I love dancing to this song. Plus, it was about fairy tales and princesses so I thought hey why not? :D

All the dances described in this chapters are in fact real in my life. I wrote it according to how I danced it and I hope it's not too boring for you guys. :P

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! 

~chaochaoxx