Chapter 2

Shindong's House of Mental Illnesses

Sunny's P. O. V

The inside of the building was painted like the painter had made a weak attempt to make it look cheerful. The result was anything but. It's walls were painted with nursury rhyme characters, making it look like a preschool or something. I'm sure it was meant to be happy, but it just gave me the creeps. ShinDong must have noticed me glancing at the pctures, so he smiled, and said,"I think it's scary too. I mean, I practically live here, hear those screams every day, and I always try to avoid looking at Humpty Dumpty."

I grinned. I think I would get along well with ShinDong. I mean, what's not to like? He's funny, cheerful, and has a great smile. Not that I had a crush on him or anything, no way. In my job interview, the fact that he's engaged came up. Besides... there's the obvious, I'm a nun-in-training. So, yeah.

ShinDong led me to his office, and I was glad to see that it was normal. His desk had a couple picture frames of him and a girl. I assumed she was his girlfriend. I sat down opposite of him, and he held out a sheet of paper. Upon looking closely at it, it showed a graph of my job and what activities I was required to do.

 

Sunny's Job Timeline

6:30 am- Come in, open up.

7:00 am- Spend time with inmates numbers 1-35

12:00 noon- lunchtime

12:30 pm- spend time with inmates 36- 70

6:00 pm- dinner

6:30 pm- special tasks

11:00 pm- go home

I surveyed the timeline, and smiled. It didn't seem that hard, but I did have some questions.

"Excuse me Mr. ShinDong, but... what's special tasks? And why does it take so long?" I asked timidly.

"Oh, that! Yes, I forgot to tell you, I apologize. Special Tasks are just when there is something you need to do. It varies from day to day, so don't look forward to it or anything. You might get something you like doing or something you don't. It's really just stuff like cleaning, checking up on inmate number whatever, and just random things. And about it taking so long is different also. It may take 5 minutes, but usually it takes longer, so I put it as four and a half hours. It's not much, I'm usually out later." he replied with a chuckle, as if he found my question funny.

ShinDong gave me my keys, and set me off to start my day. It was 6:45, so I grabbed a granola bar from my purse, shoved my entire array of suitcases and bag into my apartment above the building (I would be living at the asylum) and followed ShinDong to the first set on inmates. Like the asylums in movies, these had iron doors and the bars as a sort of window to the outside world.

My first inmate: I entered the room, with ShinDong following closely behind me. I rubbed my hands on my jeans to wipe the sweat off. I saw her.

She was sitting on a chair, her eyes open wide, giving me the idea she was sweet and innocent. She was wearing a button up shirt that was much too big for her, reaching down to her knees. Her feet were barefoot, and her long blonde hair was perfectly curled, with black streaks in them. She looked as if she belonged in a magazine, not... here.

She stood up, stuck out her hand, and offered it to me. I tentatively took it, and gave it a little jiggle. Her eyebrows creasing, she gave me a little bit of a harder shake, then let go. opened, and out flowed beautiful words. Her voice was beautiful, high like an angel's, and tinkled like a bell. It matched her appearance.

"Hi, I'm Jessica, and I'm inmate 1. ShinDong told you about me, right?" Her voice once again impressed me. I have a pretty high voice tone, but that was only when I try to act cute, which I gave up a long time ago. But hers was naturally high pitched. It wasn't annoying at all, like mine was.

"No, actually. He wanted to let me meet everyone myself. So.. what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Really? You'll let me choose? Oh, goody!" she sqealed and leapt into my arms, despite our obvious height difference. After a quick hug, she pulled me to a bookshelf, pulled out a picture book, and demanded me to read it. She sat herself on the floor, looked up at me expectantly. I sat down in the tiny chair, and began to read.

"Once upon a time, there was a girl named Snow White."

I don't know when ShinDong slipped out of the room, but I do know that I thoroughly enjoyed reading to this child-like, innocent creature.

 

 

ShinDong met me after I finished my session with Jessica, and asked me how it was.

"Good. We read Snow White. Can I ask... well, what is she, you know, why's she here?"

"What she's in for? Well, her parents checked her in, they didn't want to deal with her. She was absolutely mental, she had a habit of trying to break people's bones. The doctors finally pinned it on a little thing in her brain that made her want to hurt people. She's on medication, so she acts more calm and gentle than usual, but still, be careful in there. When she was a child, she used to study martial arts," ShinDong told me. I was a bit shocked at how calmly he said it. It was as if he was telling me my hair looked nice.

 

 Throughout the day, I met Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri, YoonA, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Donghae, Leeteuk, Wooyoung, Yesung, Siwon, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Yonghwa, and many more. They were all nice, smart and good-looking. They were also all crazy. Really, you couldn't tell, but if you looked very hard, there was something hard in them, like something waiting to snap. Most just wanted a good conversation, and I tried hard to entertain them. I was what you call a "people person" and I think all of them really enjoyed my company. I hope.

Lunch was between ShinDong and me, and we just discussed what happened in the day and if there were any troubles. Out of everyone, the person's company I enjoyed most wasTiffany. She had a beautiful eyesmile, and I had no trouble at all making conversation with her. All she really wanted to know was what was going on in the world. Who was trending, what the Kardashians were up to, and what new songs Justin Bieber made. (Author's Note- I don't really care about the Kardashians or Justin Bieber. i just want to give an example and stuff.)

 

It was the end of the day, and I was pooped. All my special tasks were was to just clean up in ShinDong's office, and other various places. I finally understood how tiring it must have been for ShinDong, for he had to put in more hours than I did. Sure, he got here later in the moring, but he also stayed later too. i climbed into bed, but couldn't sleep. I decided to go for a walk in the hallways of the asylum.

 

 

Okay, how was the chapter? I hope it was good, and I tried to make it as long as possible without going intot he next chapter. Please comment and subscribe! Byt he way, even though Sunny wants to be a nun, she doesn't wear their uniform. She just wears casual clothes. This is an example of what she might wear.

http://www.snsds.net/files/2012/03/snsd-fashion-sweater-marksmanship.jpg 

Anyways, love all of you! Even the silent readers, but please try to comment!