Chapter 3

Shindong's House of Mental Illnesses

Kyuhyun's P. O. V

I paced the room I was in, back and forth, back and forth. It was almost always like this at night. I was still afraid to sleep, because at around 11:00, the medications these crazy people are on start wearing off. Then the screams start.

I know that I'm not crazy, that I don't belong here. I mean, my mind is still my own, right? When I first came here, I tried to escape so many times that the owner of this hell-hole, ShinDong, had to install a new type of door. It was solid metal, and there wasn't any dooknob on the inside. It could only be opened from the outside. I still haven't found out a way to break out of this one. Yet.

I also created havoc for so many volunteers and employees that they all quit after one day with me. That's when ShinDong labeled me a special case, so only he comes in here now. I like it that way.

I sat down in a chair, then craned my neck to see my reflection in the mirror that was in the room. I liked looking at myself, but not because I was conceited. I had spent so long in this asylum, that if it wasn't for the fairy-tale stories provided, I wouldn't even know about the opposite . I only enjoyed looking at my reflection because I liked imagining if I was handsome. I was pretty sure I was.

Click. Wait, what was that? Oh gosh, it's the door opening. Someone is coming in.

 

 

Sunny's P. O. V

I walked around the halls of the asylum, and shivered. It wasn't cold, but there's this certain air of creepiness that you get here at night. Wrapping my arms around my self, I hurried back to my room. Buyt just before I could get to my room, I soptted a new hallway with new inmates. I knew why I couldn't go here, I wasn't stupid. These inmates were simply too dangerous for me to be around. But my curiosity got the best of me, and i tip-toed through this new adventure.

All I did was read the profiles of the patients, and move on. I would never go in there, it was practically a death wish.

One person suffered from severe schizophrenia, which was a mental illness that created voices in your head, and the voices often made the patient do horrible things, like killing his entire family of 6 people.

Another patient was a sadist, deliberately buying animals to slowly kill them. He had been discovered when he tired to adopt a young girl, to do who-knows-what to her. Thankfully, the police had stepped in just in time.

The last inmate Sunny read the profile of was a 47 year old man who had been here about half his life. His story was probably the most horrific. He had suffered at the hands of abusive parents for 18 long years, suffering so much pain and mental abuse. Anyone would change after that. And he definitely changed. He was a mass-muderer in many major cities, roaming all over the world, slaughtering what the government called "innocents," those not really involved in the case before that man stepped in. But there wasn't a randomness to who he killed. He killed drug lords, pimps, and those who got away with what they did. He killed those whom he though needed to be vanquished. And now he would have to suffer for ridding he world of his idea of evil.

At the end of the hallway, there was a different door, solid metal. No window, no nothing. There was no profile hanging in front of the door, and no lock even, so I decided to go in.

I did notice a small click when I swung the door open, but I thought nothing of it until I stepped in. What was inside took my breath away.

He was absolutely beautiful, sitting in a chair with his big eyes wide open. He had a small smirk on his perfect lips, but that still turned out to be innocent looking. He was dressing a pajama with a lion pattern on it. I had to struggle to remember what I was here for. I tried slinking out the door, but he suddenly leaped up, grabbed me, and pulled me inside. Holding his head close to my ears, he whispered,"Oh no, you're not going anywhere." Crap, I won't be able to get out. I had already seen how the door had no knob on the inside, if he closed the door, I would never be able to leave.