Slowly Falling Apart

Forever Love

Key sat on the door steps, trying to shield his body from the cold wind that was blowing around him. "Aish" He muttered as his pillow fell and hit the dirty ground. Key leaned over and tried to pick it up but dropped it again when his head started pounding. He clutched his head in pain and groaned. The wind blew over him again and made him cold to the bone. It's going to be worth it, just wait for your boyfriend to come home. Key told himself as the pain in his head intensified. Shivering, Key made a last ditched effort to grab his pillow and pulled it to his chest. He covered his head and shed a few tears in the pillow because the pain was getting to be too much. Jonghyun what is taking you so long? 

"K-Key? Is that you?" Jonghyun got out of the taxi and ran towards Key. "Are you okay?" He shook Key's shoulders and got no answer, just a few groans of pain. He picked up Key and carried him in bridal style.

 

 

"Key, Key! What's wrong!?" Jonghyun had laid him on their bed and piled blankets on top of him. He grabbed a hold of Key's hands and realized how cold it was. His fingers feel like frozen sausage links. Jonghyun blew his hot breath onto them, trying to warm it up. "He's still too cold." Jonghyun stripped Key of his clothes and threw them across the room, leaving him just in his boxers. Jonghyun hesitated before taking off his own clothes, his eyes noticing all of the marks Minho had made on him. 

"Jonghyun?" Key weakly said and tried reaching out for him. 

"Yes?" He replied while slipping into the blanket. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Key's waist and pulled himself closer. They were facing each other and Key had his eyes opened a crack. 

"I-I'm sorry." 

Jonghyun shushed him with a finger and touched their foreheads together. "It's alright Key. I don't want to hear you apologize again." He placed a warm kiss on his lips and pulled Key's head to his chest. "Just rest and we'll sort everything out tomorow morning." Key nodded and closed his eyes, slowly falling asleep to the tune Jonghyun was softly singing.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Onew's fingers played with the folds of his blanket as Taemin organized the stuff around him. "So... how are you and that guy doing?" He quietly asked. Taemin looked up from the magazines and smiled. 

"We're doing fine." A blush spread across his cheeks as he recalled what occured at Minho's house. He remebered the way his skin had tingled and felt as if someone had set it on fire, when Minho touched him. Onew forced a smile and nodded, "That's good to hear." 

"How about you? Do you have your eyes set on someone?" Taemin plopped himself down on the chair located next to Onew's bedside. He leaned on his elbows and looked up at Onew. 

"Ah- yeah, I mean I guess." He gave Taemin a shy smile and glanced away.

"So, who's the lucky girl?" 

"Taemin-ah, I don't like girls..." Onew let out an awkward chuckle. 

"Wait, what did you just say?" Taemin leaned closer and intently staring at Onew.

"That I don't like girls?..."

"No, before that! You just called me Taemin-ah!" He giggled to himself. "Wow, we must be getting really close!" Taemin felt dizzy from the fact that Onew had called him Taemin-ah. He continued to laugh and accidently touched Onew's hands. "Oh, sorry ... hyung." He giggled again at the last part. Onew let out a soft laugh and pulled his hands away from Taemin's touch. 

"Yah, I didn't say that you can call me hyung!" He put on his facade of being mean again and glared at Taemin.

"Okay, okay!" Taemin bit back his laugh and stood up. "But it's okay to call me Taemin-ah." He was nearing the door and before he left, Taemin said, "I like it when you call me that." 

The door clicked shut as Onew clutched at his chest. "Why is my heart beating so fast?" He rested his head on his knees and tried to sort out his feelings. "I like him, I like him a lot." Onew shook his head. "Or, maybe I think he's cute. Yeah, that's probably it..." 

 

Taemin walked down the hall with a slight spring in his step as he replayed the moment when Onew called him Taemin-ah. It wasn't a nickname, just a slight change in their friendship. He slowed to a stop as he sees someone approaching him. "Minho?" He called out as the person came closer in hearing range. 

"Taemin!" Minho quickly closed the gap that separated them and hugged Taemin tightly. 

"Wh-what are you doing here?" He managed to say when Minho let go of him. 

"I wanted to take you out on a date! I even brought you some flowers!" Minho pulled out a pretty bouquet of roses behind him. Taemin smiled and accpeted the flowers with a small bow. 

"I-I have to check out first with my patient, since I'm still on my shift right now." 

Minho nodded in understanding. "Alright, well, I'll be waiting here then. If you're not back in 10 minutes I'm coming to search for you!" He chuckled and waved Taemin off. Taemin laughed and rushed back to Onew's room, careful not to crush the roses he held.

 

"Onew! Onew!" Taemin called as he opened the door. "Onew, can I leave early for today?"

Onew looked up from his knees and immediately sat up straight and put on a poker face. "For what?" His eyes lingered on the roses in Taemin's arms. 

"M-Minho came here and asked me on a date!" Taemin was so excited that he could barely contain it. He could pratically see the happiness overflowing from within Taemin and didn't have the heart to take it away. 

"Okay." 

Taemin walked over and wrapped his arms around Onew, enveloping him in a hug. "Thanks hyung!" He laughed and ran out of the room with a huge smile on his face. Aish, what is wrong with you Onew? Why do you always have to be the good guy? He sighed and leaned back on his pillow and closed his eyes. If Taemin's happy, then I'm happy. He said in his head, trying to convince himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key woke up to someone's warm arms holding him around the waist. He opened his eyes and saw Jonghyun's perfect face in front of him, still sleeping. Sun light flitered through the blinds and made a striped pattern across the bed. Key brought his hands up and lightly traced his face, he trailed his finger along Jonghyun's jawline and paused when he noticed red and purple marks scattered across his neck. He tugged the blanket down a little further and saw that the marks continued down his neck and all over his shoulders and chest. Key glared at Jonghyun and swallowed back the sadness that clawed at his heart. "Pabo..." He quietly muttered and cupped his face and gave him a soft kiss. Key slowly got up and slipped on some clothes that were strewn across the floor. 

"Yah- where are you going? Don't leave me, come cuddle in bed with me." Jonghyun got onto his elbows and gave Key a tired smile.

"I'll be back, don't worry. Keeping sleeping and I'll wake you up once I finish cooking." Key gave him a soft smile and closed the door behind him.

"Key-" 

He paused and leaned against the door, waiting to hear what Jonghyun had to say. 

"Key, I love you." 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onew had fallen asleep and stirred an hour later after sobbing noises woke him up. "What? What's going on?" He flipped to his side and realized that it was Key who was crying. "Yah- what's wrong?" He asked quietly and waited for Key to calm down. 

"I think Jonghyun cheated on me. I- I saw hickeys all over his neck and chest." Key wiped away stray tears and reached for a few tissues. Onew sighed and got up. 

"Okay, let's talk about it over some tea like the old days."

 

Key laughed again as Onew told him a funny joke. "Why did Sally fall off the swing?" Onew paused and waited for Key to answer. He just shrugged and held back a chuckle. "Because she had no arms!" Key busted out laughed and clutched at his stomach. 

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?" Key smiled, waiting for the punch line.

"Obviously not Sally, because she has no arms!" They laughed together and had to wipe the corners of their eyes. "Yah, thanks." Key said while finishing the last sip of his tea. "So how are you and Taemin doing?" 

"What do you mean? There's nothing going on..." Onew shyly smiled. 

"Pshh, I can see it in your eyes when you say his name." Key muttered and took their cups to the sink. "Tell me, how do you feel about him?" 

Onew hesitated, "I don't know." He looked at Key. "I mean, I think I like him, but I'm not sure. Well actually, I like him. I like him a lot." Onew rubbed the back of his neck in embarassment. "But he has someone special, so it won't work between us." Key came back and chuckled. 

"That's probably cause you haven't told him how you felt!" 

He nodded in agreement. "But he's happy. So I'll leave him alone." Key clucked his tongue in disappointment and glanced at his watch. 

"Well, I have to go and talk to Jonghyun about this problem. Thanks Onew." He smiled and Onew nodded in return. 

 

Key opened the door and was face to face with Taemin. His eyes were wide in shock and his mouth was hanging open. Key chuckled and shook his head. "You know, it's rude to listen in on other people's conversations." He muttered and left him. Key was about to call a taxi home when he saw the back of Jonghyun's head. Jonghyun? What are you doing out here? He was about to walk over to him when he saw another person talking to Jonghyun. 

"Yah, Minho what are you doing here?" Jonghyun glared at him.

"Just dropping off my date. What are you here for?" His deep voice carried over to Key's ears.

"None of your business. Now get out of here, I don't want to see you again." 

Minho chuckled. "Maybe you'll rethink if I remind you of what happened the other night." He leaned forward and planted his lips against Jonghyun's. Key gasped and turned away from them. I knew it! I knew that Jonghyun was cheating on me! He walked away with tears in his eyes, determined to pack his stuff and leave. 

 

Key rushed home and grabbed all his belongings and shoved it in the trunk of the car and drove off to a near by salon. He asked the salonist to give him a new haircut and color. Within an hour, he was out of the salon with a look. He checked his phone and saw that Jonghyun had called him 10 times and left 5 voicemails. Key chuckled in disgust and drove to the hospital Onew was staying at. As he was walking in, he saw Jonghyun waiting at the front entrance siting there quietly. 

"K-Key, is that you?" He stuttered as Key coldly walked past him. "Yah!" Jonghyun pulled on his arm and yanked him to a stop.

"Excuse me, do I know you?" Key spoke in english and shook him off. "I guess not. Goodbye." He muttered and left Jonghyun standing there stunned. 

 


 

A/N: I hope you guys like it! One more chapter left!