Stop Time

Forever Love

Jonghyun felt Key's lips pressed onto his own. What is he doing?

"K-Key?" He stuttered and backed away from him.

"Before you leave me, please answer this one question. Do you ever hurt? Because I wonder if you hurt like me."

His question took Jonghyun by surprise. He was about to answer but decided not to. Now's not the time to tell him. His body trembled as he remembered how Key's lips fit perfectly with his. They were silky and moist with rain water hydrating them. I have to go before I loose control. Key doesn't have to know about my feelings. It's for the best, I can't afford to hurt him if we don't work out in the end. Turning his body around, Jonghyun ran away from Key.

Everything was a blur as Jonghyun ran back home. Tears streamed down his face, releasing the happiness he felt inside. All along Key has been in love with me. I-I can't believe it! He crashed onto his couch, not caring about the water that had begun to soak the leather. Jonghyun smiled to himself and touched his lips. 

"If only I had the courage to tell him when I first felt this way. I'm always too late, when it comes to expressing my love." 

His eyes got heavy as he reminisced about the memories he had with Key. 

"Come on Jonghyun. You can tell him how you really feel when he comes home. If in the end it doesn't work out, then I guess it's not meant to be then." He gave himself a small pep talk. I'll make him dinner tonight. Right after a quick nap. Jonghyun closed his eyes and nodded off to sleep, still wearing his wet clothes.

Ring Ring Ring  

"Hello?" Jonghyun groggily said into the phone. 

"Yah- it's Minho. Let's go out to eat tonight!"

He paused before he answered Minho back. "Sorry I can't. I'm busy tonight." 

"Come on hyung, you left me earlier. I want to talk to you about something tonight anyways."

"I can't Minho. I really have something to do." He paused again. "A-and I think we should be friends, if that's what you wanted to talk about." Jonghyun got up and headed to the kitchen. 

Minho was silent. "Oh, okay hyung. I understand. I'll talk to you later." He hung up the phone. 

Jonghyun sighed. I always end up hurting people. The frown on his face was soon replaced with a smile. He traced his lips, remembering the kiss he shared with Key. "Kimchi stew it is." He said outloud and began to cook for Key. 

Jonghyun glanced at the clock. 8:45pm. He texted Key as he ran to the bathroom to quickly shower. Yah- come home now. Be home within 15 minutes or else I'm locking you outside tonight.Jonghyun giggled to himself and entered the bathroom. 

Key knocked on Onew's door, realizing where his feet brought him. 

"Key?" Onew was surprised. He never comes over unless he really needs some comfort. "Aish- hurry up and get in!" He ushered Key inside his warm home and shut the door. 

"Here, change into this. You'll catch a cold wearing those wet clothes." Onew threw him sweats and a t-shirt. Key was quiet as he stripped away his wet clothing. He left his clothes on the floor and crumpled into the couch. His eyes were red and puffy. Onew came back with a mug of hot tea and a pink blanket. "Sip carefully, it's hot." He warned Key and sat next to him. He wrapped Key's favorite blanket over his shoulders. It was quiet as Key sipped at his drink, once in a while he would sniffle but no words poured out. "Key-" Onew began but stopped as Key looked up from his mug. He set the empty mug on the glass table and leaned on Onew's broad shoulders. His face grew hot when he felt the weight of Key's head resting on him. Aish- Key. Why do you always make me feel this way? Onew smiled sadly as he bit his tongue to hold back the feelings sparking within him. Key began to sob onto his shoulders. "Shh- It's alright. You'll be fine." Onew tried to comfort him. They both sat there, in silence filled with sobs and sniffles. 

"O-Onew. Thank you." Key wiped his nose and gave him a warm smile. "I'm glad that you're my friend. I don't know what else to do if you weren't here for me." 

"Yeah I know, I'm always here for you Key." He returned his smile and eye contact. Key held Onew's gaze and turned his body towards him.

"That's right... you are always here when I need you..." His voice got soft and Key's eyes fluttered shut. Onew slowly leaned in and tipped Key's chin up. "Kiss me." Key whispered. "Kiss me and take my pain away... I don't want to feel this pain in my heart anymore..."

BZZ BZZ BZZZ 

Key's phone loudly vibrated and broke the spell that Onew's love had weaved between them. Key grabbed his phone and read the text. He adruptly stood up and headed towards the door. "Thank you Onew hyung. I have to get going now." Onew sighed and trailed after Key. "Alright, well call me if you need advice okay?" He told Key. Key nodded and stepped out the door. Only if I could stop time, I would keep him with me forever.

Jonghyun sat at the table, wearing his best suit and with his hair done the way Key liked. He nervously tapped his foot against the cold tiles as he waited for Key to come home. The front door creaked opened. "Jonghyun?" Key? Is he sick or something? Why is his voice deeper? He stood up and walked towards the livingroom. "M-Minho? How did you get in my house?" He stuttered. Minho chuckled. "Pabo, you didn't lock your door." He replied as he sauntered over. 

"What are you doing here?" Jonghyun franticaly looked around, panicking if Key walked in right now. 

"I miss you silly and I just wanted to see you." Minho laughed and reached forward to hug Jonghyun. 

"Yah- get off me!" He shouted but Minho's weight unbalanced them and they fell onto the sofa. "I like you, you know that right?" Minho's breath stank of alcohol as he spoke to Jonghyun. He was about to reply but Minho's lips covered his own. 

Key smiled as he walked up his driveway. I wonder what he wants me for. Well at least he's not ignoring me for kissing him. The smile on his face faded when he noticed someone's car parked in the driveway. His smile completely fell off when he saw that the front door was ajar. Who does Jonghyun have over? Key tentatively walked inside and called out for  Jonghyun. "Who's over right no-" He caught sight of Minho laying ontop of Jonghyun, with their lips pressed tightly together. "W-What is this!?" Key shouted and cringed when he noticed that Jonghyun's eyes were closed, enjoying the body contact between them. "Kim Jonghyun! I-I hate you!" Key screamed and ran out the door. 

Jonghyun heard Key shout and opened his eyes. Key?! He pushed Minho's heavy body off of him and frantically searched for Key. "Key!" He yelled. Minho chuckled. "Is that your boyfriend or something?" He wiped his bottom lip and leaned on his elbows. Jonghyun scowled and stood up to follow Key before he got too far. "Yes, yes he is." He answered  while glaring at him and dashed off to find Key. 

Don't cry Key. Don't cry for him anymore. Key wiped his eyes and headed towards the cafe, he had texted Onew to meet him there. He looked both directions and crossed a street. "I hate you Kim Jonghyun." He muttered when his phone rang and Jonghyun's caller ID appeared. He pressed ignore and was about to place it back in his pocket when a person next to him accidentally bumped his hand, making his phone drop.

"Oops, sorry Key!" It was Onew.

"Aish- Onew!" Key yelled and dove after his phone, trying to catch it before it fell and hit the street pavement. 

Jonghyun slapped himself softy on the forehead. "Pabo, he won't even pick up his phone now!" He headed towards the cafe. "He's got to be there, or either at Onew's house." He muttered to himself. 

He arrived at the intersection, but there was police cars everywhere and an ambulance. He stopped a near by stranger. "Excuse me, but what is going on?" The lady frowned. "Someone got hit by a car. It's a messy clean up." Jonghyun picked up his phone and called Key again. "!" Horrible scenarios flashed before him. "No...no! It can't be Key! Goddamnit! Pick up your phone!" He shouted into his cell phone. Jonghyun crossed the street and headed towards the accident. "Excuse me sir, please stop right there. No one is allowed to pass through from this point on." A police officer got in Jonghyun's way. "Get. Out. Of. My. Way!" He shouted and pushed the cop to the ground. Suddenly 3 other police officers held him in place. "Get off me! I need to see if my friend is still alive!" Tears were now streaming down his face. "I-I never told him how much I love him. How long I've loved him!" He shouted and saliva dripped down the side of his mouth. "Really Jonghyun?" Key suddenly appeared in front of him. His eyes were swollen and red. He ran towards Jonghyun and collapsed in his arms. "Key! Key..." His voice was muffled as he buried his face in Key's hair. The officers let go of them and Jonghyun wrapped his arms tighter around Key. "I thought that it was you that got hit by the car." His tears dripped into Key's hair, staining it. He looked up at Jonghyun, tears spilling from his eyes. "I-I'm not the one who got hit. Onew saved me." Sobs attacked his body, shaking him to the core. "He-he pushed me away from the street and saved me." Key cried into his shoulders and Jonghyun pulled him closer. "Shh, everything will be alright. Shhh..." He whispered to Key and kissed his forehead. "Everything will be alright."