Love of the Guardian Angel

|| o n e s h o t s c o l l e c t i o n s ||

 

Jaehee

--------------------

 

"Thanks for celebrating my birthday," I whispered and looked at the table full of...food. People who walked past looked at me with disgusted expression. "What? Is it wrong to talk to food?" I scoffed and gave them a stare causing them to back away quietly.

Today was my eighteen birthday. As usual, I celebrated it alone. My family? They died in a car accident when I was young. My friends? I have no friends because they said I'm anti-social. Ha, frankly speaking, I don't even bother myself with them, not that I'm anti-social; it’s just that I don't want to talk to them.

I ate up all the food on the table and smirked to myself, "Gosh, big feast." I burped and stood up, grabbing my bag and left the restaurant.

*****

"I'm home," I shouted upon entering the house, it's my habit although no one was home. I was invited by loneliness and quietness. The calmness in this house was incredible. I took off my shoes and slammed myself against the couch. I covered my face with my hands and a tear escaped from the corner of my eye.

I know I have to be strong and independent. I know no one was worth relying on because at the end of the day, I will be alone again. I know life was supposed to be lonely. I know, I know everything.

But sometimes, I just need someone’s shoulder to rest on. I had no one to go to if I'm troubled, I had no one to have fun with if I'm happy. I had no one to celebrate birthdays with me. I had no one...I'm all alone…I'm supposed to get used to the feeling of lonely. But...what if I say I can't? What if I'm tired of being alone? What if I'm afraid to be strong because it's hard to pretend that I'm strong when people thought it's okay to bully me? What if...what if...

"Don't 'what if', I'm here with you. Don't be afraid of showing your weakness. I'll always be behind you backing you up. Don't be lonely because..."

It's the voice again. Why? Why am I always hearing this voice? Ever since I'm alone in this world, the voice somehow exists in my body. Especially every time I cried, the voice would always ring in my ear. But this time, it’s different…it's…real?

I looked up to see a guy standing in front of me. He wore a white skinnie, white shirt and…he's bare-footed. Huh? I remembered I did lock the door. I remembered I entered the flat alone. Then where did he come from?

He sat down next to me and his angelic face became so clear. His shiny crimson red hair stands out since he's fair and he's all in white, he smiled.

"Because I'm here with you already," he whispered and pulled me into his arms.

Whoa, am I supposed to scream? There's this unknown guy appearing in my house hugging me in his embrace and talking nonsense. What? He's here with me? Wait, how did he even know what I'm thinking? What the ? Am I seeing ghost? Like on my eighteen birthday?!

"Who the hell are you?" I pushed him slightly apart and narrowed my eyes on him.

Well, he's not bad-looking AT ALL. Should I be glad that there's a hot dude with me on my birthday? Is he a gift from heaven for taking my parents away when I was young?

"I'm your Guardian angel," he said and flipped his hair.

"Guardian angel?" I laughed. What is he? An actor? Am I filming drama now? Is there hidden camera somewhere?

"Don't you realize that ever since your parents died, you're always safe?" He asked and flashbacks start to hit me.

 

FLASHBACK

"You stupid girl, don't block my way," a girl pushed me out of her way and I eventually ended up on the road. I was only ten and I'm already been discriminated by classmates.

'BEEEP' I turned around and saw a lorry driving towards me, I was so shocked that I couldn't move, my foot were rooted to the ground. That's it; I'm going to join my parents already.

I closed my eyes and the next time I know, I'm on the path way already. "Be careful," a voice rang in my ear. Huh? How did I end up here?

 

FLASHBACK

"HEY klutz! Behind you!" I turned around to see a basketball 'flying' towards me. What made it worse was the fact that the basketball was outside and I'm on the inside and the one dividing us was the glass window. If the ball reached me through the window, the glass will break and I'll be hurt. Damn it. Why am I so unlucky? I closed my eyes and wait for the pain but as I opened it again, the ball dropped just an inch away from the window. "Be careful Jaehee..." The same voice appeared again, this time with a hint of worry.

FLASHBACK END

 

I widen my eyes and he smirked.

"Now you believe I'm your Guardian angel?"

"Of course not. Look, it's just coincidence okay," I hissed and stood up, walking away from him.

"Yahh Kim Jaehee," he followed me as I walked into my small kitchen. Ugh this kitchen was so small and he actually followed me in here?

"What?" I rolled my eyes and got myself a cup of water.

"I'm Lee Taemin. Your Guardian angel," he smiled at me causing me to choke on my water. I coughed and faked a smile back.

"I'm Kim Jaehee, your mother," I scoffed and laughed at my own joke.

His expression changes and it became…darker? Like…like devil?

Suddenly, he grabbed hold of my wrist and spun me around pinning me against the wall. My cup dropped and pieces of glass scattered everywhere. He held both of my wrists and pinned them above my head. He leaned nearer to me such that I could smell his peppermint scent.

"Look, I'm not joking here, before you were eighteen, I wasn't allowed to see you but now you've celebrated your eighteen birthday. I'm here. I'm your Guardian angel and you better believe it." He whispered with his lips brushing against the tip of my nose that sent shivers up and down my spine.

"You hear me?" His finger caressed my cheek, he asked in a demanding tone more than asking. I nodded in fear. Why is he like this all of sudden? He was looking fine and gentle and...well, hot?

"That's good," he smiled and released his grip.

*****

"So now…you'll be here all the time?" I asked while looking at the red hair boy lying down beside me on the bed. "You will thank me for that," he whispered and turned to the other side with his back facing me. I rolled my eyes, what am I going to do with this guy who claimed to be my Guardian angel and then now insisted on sleeping next to me?

"Just go to sleep, I won't do anything to you," he chuckled at the end of his words. Ugh whatever, I’m tired.

 

*****

 

Another boring day in school. I wasn't even listening to the babblings of the teachers even though I'm not an all-aced student.

I walked to my door and dug out keys from my bag. Surprisingly, the door opened by itself and I threw the keys back into my bag. Ah, must be Taemin.

I walked into the house and locked the door, the moment I turned around, Taemin stood in front of me. It took me a while to register his new image. Black skinnie, black shirt, bare-footed and...blonde hair?

"What?" I hissed because his expression was so...so devilish? He just kept on staring at me and for what seemed like eternity, he finally talked.

"I'm here for your life," he said. My eyes widen, yesterday he just said he's my Guardian angel and today he wanted my life? Is he seriously playing with me?

"Wh-"

I can't even finish my sentence and he already attacked me. He pinned me up against the door, I couldn't feel the floor anymore. His right hand was on my neck ready to smash it. He was closed enough to me that I inhaled his scent, it's not peppermint smell. "You're supposed to be dead," he whispered. My vision was blurred but something sparkled attracted my attention, a necklace that hung around his neck with a skull pendant.

He tightened his grip. I can't breathe and I started to get giddy, so this is how it feels like to be dying?

"Taekyung!" I heard someone shouted, the hand on my neck released and I was dropped to the ground, well, that's what I thought but I felt a pair of arms around me and as I breathe, peppermint smell infused into my nose. It was Taemin. "Jaehee! Jaehee!" I heard my name being called but my eyes couldn't open.

*****

"Jaehee," my eyes slowly open and the first face I saw was Taemin. I backed away upon seeing him, leaning against the frame of my bed I stared at him in disbelief.

"Don't worry, see, my hair is red. I'm in white. I'm your Taemin," he pointed out. Right, he was in white again and his hair was crimson red.

"That's my twin brother," he explained and heaved a long sigh. I moved closer to him and threw my arms around his neck, I cried.

"You promised not to leave didn't you? Didn't you say that you will be with me all the time?" I mumbled in between sobs and I could feel his hand patting my back. "Don't cry Jaehee, I'm here isn't it? I won't let anyone hurt you," he whispered into my ear and I pushed him slightly away. "You said he's your twin brother?" I muttered and wipe away my tears clumsily.

He smiled and wiped my tears for me, "Whenever Guardian angel is born, a Lucifer will also be born," he lay on his back and pulled me closer to him. My head was on his chest and I'm so disturbed by the fact that he doesn't have any heartbeat.

"If you'd noticed, Lucifer looked quite different compared to Guardian angel. So next time you should see properly which is me," he laughed.

"Red looks more devilish than blonde. Why isn't your hair blonde while his red?" I asked and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

Gosh, why are we even lying here like a pair of couple?

But, I felt secured in his arms. I felt…warm and happiness.

"Well, deal with it," he said and forcefully closed my eyes. Very soon, I drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taemin

--------------------

"Hyung, I'm sorry, but-"

I sat on the looked-like-throne seat with my right leg over left and stared hard at Taekyung. I raised my hand up to stop him from saying any further.

"Just one question, why are you there?"

"Hyung, you lied to her that you're only allowed to see her when she's eighteen but that's not true!" The blonde hair guy with the same look as me said. I sighed and frowned.

"So what if it's not true? It isn't your problem."

"Not my problem? Hyung, she's supposed to die on her eighteenth birthday. But you were there so the other Lucifers couldn't do anything. Hyung, I know you've fallen in lo-"

"Shut up Taekyung. She's mine. Don't touch her anymore," I stood up and walked away but he grabbed hold of my wrist. "Hyung, you can't do this," he whispered. His whispering because it always makes people sick including me, the Guardian angel.

Yes you're right, the whisper of the Lucifer.

"Shut the up and don't whisper to me. I'm your hyung," I hissed and forcefully take back my wrist. "I know you're my hyung. But you've to understand, I'm a Lucifer and I need to do my job. She's supposed to be dead, she can't be alive," he said in a louder tone. "She can be alive!" I hollered in his face, "As long as I'm with her, she'll be alive," I whispered in his face and left the place.

*****

The moment I reached Jaehee's place, I could see her looking around everywhere anxiously. "Looking for me?" I smiled and stood in front of her. She gasped and hugged me tightly. "You're always not here the moment I wake up," she mumbled against my chest. I let out a soft chuckle. "I've to go somewhere too," she pushed me away the moment I said that.

"You're somebody else Guardian angel too?" I could see hurt on her face, I laughed. "Of course not, I'm only Kim Jaehee's Guardian angel, your Lee Taemin," I pulled her in for another hug and she wrapped her arms around my waist. "Don't leave my side okay. Please, I don't want to wake up alone. I don't want to come home with a Lucifer waiting for me. I want you. You made me felt secured," tears bubbled up in her eyes and I patted her back. "Don't worry, I'll be with you till the end," I reassured her without thinking twice. Is it right for me to make this promise?

"Jaehee, don't you need to go school today?"

She shook her head in my chest and tightens her arms around my waist. "I don't feel like going, will you accompany me today?" I smiled and peeled her arms off me. I grabbed her hand and make her sit down on the couch while plopping down next to her. I chuckled the moment she laid her head on my lap.

"Yahh, why are you suddenly behaving like a baby?" I laughed and caressed her face with my fingers.

"Because I enjoy being with you. You have no idea how secured I felt when I saw you. You have no idea how afraid I am when the Lucifer tried to kill me. I'm so scared," her voice trailed off and she got up throwing her arms around my neck hugging me again.

"When the Lucifer was near me, I couldn't smell any peppermint smell. But when I fell and you caught me, I smelled peppermint. I immediately know it's you,"

Is she... Falling for me already?

 

*****

 

"Hyung,"

"Hyunggg,"

"Hyung," I felt sick all of a sudden and realized Taekyung just whispered. "What the? I thought I told you not to whisper to me!" I hissed but he shrugged and lean back on his seat. "You can't hear me that's why I whispered," he rolled his eyes.

"What were you thinking? You looked so engrossed," he asked.

What am I thinking? I was thinking of…Jaehee?

"Jaehee?" Damn, I hate Lucifers because first their whispers were disgusting and second they can read people's mind.

Oh well, I can too actually.

I nodded, "I think she's falling for me,"

"That's great isn't it? You love her too,"

"What I wanted was to watch over her quietly after her parents were dead. Who knows that she's supposed to die on her eighteenth birthday that's why I appear in her life. Now that I love her and she loves me, do you think we can be together? We can't obviously,"

"Why not? As long you-"

"No means no. I'm not even a human to begin with," I heaved a large sigh.

"Well, you can be human if you kill-"

"Shut up Taekyung, that's not possible,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaehee

--------------------

 

Taemin said he'll be back by evening and now I'm alone at home. I felt so lonely and helpless out of a sudden. Why do I feel so incomplete when Taemin's not around? I mean like, we just met like, yesterday? I'm not falling for him right? Kim Jaehee! What's wrong with you?! You can't just fall for any boy when you only know him for two days and furthermore, he's your Guardian angel! Not even a human to begin with!

Ugh! Did I really fall for him? Should I just ignore him? Yes, ignore! That's the word.

"I'm back," Taemin suddenly appeared behind me and I dropped my cup, AGAIN. Aish! I met him for two days and I've already sold two cups. "Are you okay?" He asked and slapped my hand away when I attempted to pick up the pieces of glasses.

I took in a deep breath and walked away without answering him; I walked into my room and sat on my bed. Gosh, my heart was going to jump out when he slapped my hand away.

"What's wrong with you?" I jumped up when I saw him sitting beside me on the bed. Did he even walk in? He teleported? I'm so busy in my thoughts that I didn't know that he took my hand in his.

"Jaehee, what if, what if one day I'm gone?" He asked and caressed my hand gently.

Gone? Then it's good because my life will be back to normal. But, who's going to protect me when he's gone? Who am I going to love if he's gone? Ugh what am I thinking? Why am I thinking about love?! How can he be gone? He promised me that he won’t.

"You won't be gone, you promised me that you won't," I gazed at him.

His hand moved up to my face and caressed it carefully, the feeling of his fingertips touching my skin were so enchanting. He smiled, "You're so beautiful you know that?" He said.

Oh my God I could die right at this moment. He's so good-looking that…GOSH I've got no words to describe it.

His face slowly moved closer to mine, the tip of our nose touched each other and the smell of peppermint infused into my nose. I love his scent.

The next thing I know, his soft lips landed on mine and he pulled me closer to him. His teeth nibbled on my bottom lip and that sent shivers down my spine, I could feel his smirk on my lips. He my bottom lip with the tip of his tongue before breaking the kiss.

"Hyung..." We turned our heads and saw another Taemin standing there. No, it’s the blonde hair with black clothing, it's the Lucifer Taemin.

"Taekyung, what are you doing here? Didn't I say not to come anymore?" Taemin hissed and I tugged onto his arm.

"Hyung, I'm sorry. She…she has to die even if…e-even if it cost you to...d-die as well…" He stuttered and Taemin's eyes widen.

"Lee Taekyung, I won't allow you to hurt her. Even if it cost my life, I'll protect her." Taemin pulled me closer to him with his lasering eyes literally killing the one called Taekyung.

Taekyung smirked; Taemin stood up from the bed and walked towards Taekyung. Both of them stared at each other until Taekyung took out a knife with a devil symbol on it.

"Why do you have that knife?!" Taemin seemed surprised at that knife, why? Was that knife fatal to Guardian angel? Is Taemin going to die?

I was about to move when Taemin shoot me a glare. "Jaehee, stay where you are," he demanded and I gave up the thought of running to him.

"Jaehee, hyung has loved you since your parents passed away. He's been watching over you quietly. He told you that he could only see you when you're eighteen but it's fake. The truth was that you were supposed to be dead on your eighteenth birthday but he showed up to save you. He loves you,"

I was startled at his words, Taemin loves me?

He looked back at Taemin, "I believe you will protect her forever right?" He smiled but Taemin frowned.

"No, Taekyung, don't!" Taemin hollered and Taekyung stabbed the knife into his own chest where the heart was supposed to be at. Does he even have a heart?

Taekyung fell onto the ground but Taemin caught him in time, his head laid on Taemin's lap and tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Hyung, let's be brothers again in our n-next life. Hopefully…humankind..." Taekyung closed his eyes as I looked at how he turned into dust starting from his foot.

No, the necklace around his neck did not turn into dust. When he vanished, the necklace laid on Taemin's palm. He screamed and I looked at how he clenched the necklace tightly on his chest. Is losing a brother so painful for him?

Wait, the pain isn't the kind of pain; he's really physically in pain.

"T-Taemin, what's wrong with you?"

Taemin did not answer me, he fell onto the ground after much struggling and I kneed down beside him pulling him in my embrace.

"Taekyung…he sacrificed himself…for us..." He mumbled with tears rolling down his cheeks. I was confused at his words. What does he mean for us?

He took my hand and held it against his chest.

I could feel something. I felt…heartbeat.

Heartbeat? Taemin has a heartbeat?

"Heart…beat?" I asked and he nodded.

"As you know, we are not human. But if we want to be human, either of us has to die. When one dies, the other half of the twin will have a full heart developed and therefore became a human," he explained, still looking lost.

"Taekyung knew it since young that I love you. He…he actually gave me a chance to be human because we found out that you love me too." I blushed, how the hell they know that I love Taemin? I mean, I met him for two days only, it's actually ridiculous to fall in love with someone whom you've just know for two days right? Ugh.

"Jaehee, I love you," he said, "since Taekyung gave up his life, let's not disappoint him shall we?" He forced a smile and I could feel he's actually hurt inside.

 *****

"Taemin..?" I uttered as he pulled me closer to him with my head lying on his chest. The rising and falling of his chest enable me to hear his heartbeat that I never hear before.

I looked up at him and realized he'd been staring at the necklace since forever.

"What's that skull pendant about?" I asked, he sighed.

"I gave this to him when we were young," he laughed, "it's a skull pendant because I think he's a devil since he were a Lucifer," he took a deep breath and hung the necklace around his neck.

"Don't think too much okay?" I whispered as he wrapped his arms around my waist and closed his eyes.

 

*****

 

"Taemin!" I yelled and ran towards him.

Yeah you're right, he's a human now and we are schooling together, living together. Wait, the main point was; he's so HOT even as a human and that caused trouble for me. Why, you ask? There are always so many girls surrounding him!

"Taemin-oppa! Are you free this evening? Can we go out?"

"Taemin-oppa! You're not really dating Jaehee are you?"

"Taemin-oppa!"

Taemin gasped and pulled me along with him escaping from the crowd. We stopped at the canteen and panted heavily.

"Jaehee, aren't you supposed to be having History class…now?" He asked, still panting.

"No? I'm having Literature class next,"

"Is it? I'm having Literature class next too," he smiled.

"I know, that's why I came to find you. Let's go," I turned around wanting to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and spun me around. I fell into his arms and peppermint smell infused into my nose.

He lifted my chin up and kissed me on the lips; he my bottom lip with the tip of his tongue and walked away leaving me behind. I was stunned for a moment because everything he did to me was so enchanting that's so hard to register in my brain.

"Yahh! Didn't we agreed on not to kiss in school?" I grunted and catch up with him.

"Well, deal with it," he winked and held my hand in his.

"I love you," he mouthed.

 

 

 

Lee Taemin, the Guardian angel that watched over me since I was alone. Now, he's my other half that I was afraid to lose.

Lee Taekyung, the Lucifer that gave up his life for his brother’s happiness. I will remember that…you were a cool Lucifer. Thank you.