Forever my Bodyguard

|| o n e s h o t s c o l l e c t i o n s ||

 

"My name's Melvin," the guy stood before her said. He had short blonde hair, V-shaped pretty face, tall and lean body. He wore a black skinnie with white tank top and a black leather jacket over it. "And you said you are?" she asked, looking at his enchanting eyes that are way more beautiful than her emerald green eyes.

              "I'm your personal bodyguard that your father hired," he smirked ily and that sent butterflies fluttering in her tummy.

 

 

 

"You're kidding me,"

              "I'm serious,"

              "Tell me this is not true,"

              "Heena, stop replaying the same scene, this is the ten thousandth times I'm saying, I'm a spy and I'm supposed to steal this memory card that's in your house," he whispered. 

              "MELVIN!" she shouted and his eyes widen at the sudden scream. He pulled her up close and covered with his palm.

              "Calm the hell down," he whispered again, sending shivers down her spine. Why is he so anxious?

              "Then what about us?" Pool of tears started to gather in her eyes as she hugged his waist.

              He did not respond to the hug, he stood there awkwardly with his arms hanging by his sides. "I'm sorry," was all he said, and tears came cascading down her cheeks.

              It has been a year since he became her bodyguard. Things between them were going so smoothly that it’s unbelievable. He's practically perfect for her. There was a time when she was in school reading her novel and he suddenly sneaked up to her causing her to drop the novel down from the 2nd floor, she was so annoyed cause that was her favorite book and he actually jumped from 2nd floor to get it back for me. Surprisingly he wasn't injured at all. He also pops up each time she needs him and it's like telepathy. He can cook. He can make desserts. He can do the housework. He can teach her homework. He even completed them for her when she’s too tired. He's hot, he's cool, and he’s handsome. And lastly, he's her boyfriend for hell sake. Melvin showed her what perfect means, he showed her what love is, he showed me how she can be pampered like a baby girl which no one else did.

              And now? He's leaving her in their wonderland.

              "What does a sorry means?" she asked, pushing him away.

              "I-I'm s-sorry," he stuttered and his hands reached out to her.

              "Melvin..." she mumbled as she softens at his ever so enchanting touch."Do you love me?" she whispered.

              He kept quiet, so quiet that it scares her. The only sound in this room was their breathing, everything else seemed to stop.

              "Melvin," she called out again, softer this time.

              "I'm sorry," he repeated.

              "Melvin, what the is sorry? I'm asking you! Do you love me? Don't tell me that after all we've been through; the only thing you want is that ing memory card? What am I? Did you forget me? Did you forget your promise!?"

 

"Heena, I love you," he s his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him on her bed. She could feel his breathing on her forehead and she hugged him back. Their bodies fit so perfectly that it seems like they were made for each other.

              "I love you too Melvin," she mouthed, turning a little red.

              "I'll be your bodyguard, forever," he mumbled and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

              "Please be," Heena closed her eyes and turned in for the night.

 

"Heena, look, I'm not supposed to—"

              "Stop, don't tell me what you are supposed to do or not supposed to do, I'm just asking you one question and I only need a yes or no answer," anger came rushing up her brain before she knew it.

              "Heena, please, I don’t have time for this. I got to go," he said and grabbed his leather jacket from her bed. She frowned and tugged onto his arm and pulled him backwards.

              "Melvin, the moment you step out, it will be over between us," she hissed and tighten the grip.

              He looked at her and slowly leaned in, all she could feel was a pair of cold lips on her forehead. Melvin peeled her hand away from his arm and out he goes.

              All of a sudden, she felt weak. Her knees were trembling, and she fell onto the ground and pulled her legs to her chest. Tears came pouring down like rain, it was like never ending. Is this how it feels like to lose someone you love the most? It was like something within her was broken and it's hurting like mad. It was like her world suddenly -out. It was like...empty.

              No, she thought. I can't let him leave. I love him, so much.

 

 

One year ago, Melvin was called to visit this Choi's family because his boss wants him to find this memory card that was in their house. When he went there, they happened to be hiring bodyguard for their only daughter and he of course went to apply for it and effortlessly got the job. That was perhaps his only chance to get close to the family.

              The first time he saw her, she was in her bathrobe standing at the hallway, and the only thing he noticed about her wasn’t her half- state. It was her emerald green eyes that send electric waves down his spine when she looked into his eyes.

              Melvin was introduced to be her bodyguard and she stared at him from head to toes. From that moment he knew, she was someone extraordinary and she definitely will make changes to his life. After four months of getting along, Melvin confessed and she accepted it. They were a pair of loving couple and things were going smoothly. So smoothly that he almost forgot what he was sent there for until his boss called him during school this afternoon. He asked about how was the progress and he had to make up lies because he wasn't doing his job at all.

              Tonight, he told Heena that he was a spy. She couldn't accept the fact. She questioned about them, she started asking whether he really love her. He couldn't answer her question, he can't say yes because he knows for sure that they won’t have a future together. His life will terminate at any moment because it was his destiny. He can't say no, he couldn’t lie to himself.

              He zipped up his leather jacket and took out the gun that was in his back pocket since this afternoon. He reloaded it with bullets and pulled the trigger aiming at one corner of the wall to make sure it's working well. 'BANG' was all he heard and he continued walking down the long hallway that leads to Mr. Choi's office. He walks this path every day because he had to report to him about Heena's condition. But today, it's different. The hallway seems longer than before. It’s quieter and colder.

 

"Melvin! Can we watch this?”

              Taemin turned away from his book and saw the movie poster on Heena’s laptop. Sighing, he closed the browser without answering.

              “I’m not answering anything unrelated to your homework right now, and if you don’t finish it we won’t be able to make it for our movie date tonight.”

              Heena’s eyes lit up, “movie date?” she grinned.

              He smiled, pushing his spectacle up on his nose bridge and turned back to his book.

  

He reached the door to the office, the memory card he wanted was with the man, and the man was right behind this door.

              He held the gun tightly in his right hand. He trembles a little as tears bubbled up in his eyes. What was he doing? He’s going to shoot Mr. Choi, the father of the girl that he love? What the ?

              "Melvin,"

              He turned around at his name being called and saw Heena standing there with teary eyes.

              He speed-walked towards her and pulled her into his warmest embrace.

              "Lee Taemin," he whispered. As much as she wanted to face him, he didn’t allow that. He hugged her so tightly as though it will be the last time he will be seeing her.

              After a while, he released his grip and looked into her emerald green eyes. "Remember my name," she said and ran away, away from her, away from this house.

              Lee Taemin? His name was Lee Taemin? She dropped onto the ground again, how much more things she doesn’t know about him?

             She paused, standing up from the ground as she followed him. She doesn’t want to lose him, not yet.

             She hid behind the bushes and waited for Taemin to drive off before heading to the main road and flagged a cab to follow the black car.

 

 

When the cab arrived at where the black car was, she quickly stuff money into the uncle’s hand. "What?" She heard a loud voice shouting as soon as she opened the car door. “Thank you,” she mouthed before slamming it close.

              As quietly as possible, she headed for the nearest broken window and looked into the warehouse. Although what she saw wasn’t what she wanted to see, she didn’t make a noise, yet.

              Taemin was kneeling before a guy with some black-suited men standing around. "I'm sorry," she heard Taemin said. The guy smirked and gave Taemin a hard punch on his lips causing him to groan in pain.

              "You're sorry? You ing wasted one year there and now you're back with nothing? Melvin, this isn't you. You used to complete missions within three days without fail. What's wrong?" The guy scoffed in anger.

              "Boss, he was in love," one of the black-suited guy said. Apparently, a lot of the guys were happy that Taemin is falling now. Many doesn’t quite like him, Taemin was just too outstanding that people were jealous.

              The boss smirked again, "in love?" He pulled Taemin's chin to face him.

              "Don’t even think about it," Taemin said with a hard glare and earned another hard punch, this time, he fell lying on the ground, coughing out blood.

              , I can't stand this anymore. She thought.

              "STOP!" Heena yelled and ran into the warehouse, straight heading to Taemin.

              "Heena!" Taemin's eyes widen the moment he saw her. "NO!" He yelled and before she knew it, the boss grabbed her by her hair, and slapped her hard across her face, sending her flying with her face on the ground.

              Taemin frowned, crawling his way towards his girlfriend while getting kicked and hit by the people around. They were laughing as though Taemin was some joke.

              "…” He wanted to call out for her but he ended up groaning in pain, it hurts her to see him in pain. In her impression, he's the strongest and always will be.

              Both of their hands reached out wanting to catch each other's, his hand trembles in the air as it searches for her hand. Tears rolled down from the corner of her eye as she looked at his quivering lips trying to say something.

              "I..." He muttered under his breath with tears falling out of his eyes, “love y-you...” he struggled to say.

              She watched as the boss reloaded bullets into his gun, placed his finger at the trigger and aimed at Taemin. She wanted to scream but a big fat lump sat in and no voice came out from . Fear overwhelmed Heena and all she could see was the gun pointing at Taemin's back.

              "I... I love you too, I LOVE YOU LEE TAEMIN," She yelled with tears flowing out of her eyes, and Taemin was looking at her with the sweetest smile ever.

              'BANG'

              She watched as blood started oozing out from Taemin's wound, his eyes widen at the pain and blood dripped from the corner of his mouth. Tears started to blur her vision even more and all she could see was Taemin's blonde hair and...Blood...

              She screamed, she screamed so loud that she can't hear herself anymore. Memories of them got into her mind almost immediately.

 

"Heena,"

              "Hey Heena,"

              "HEENA!"

              "What do you want?" She turned around with a frown and shouted at the blonde-hair guy in front of her.

              "Don't be mad," he said while snaking his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him.

              "How can I not be mad? You just shouted at my friend! He was just trying to ask something and you literally killed him with your eyes!" she grunted. Sometimes, she just couldn’t stand his jealousy. Why would he be jealous anyway? He’s too perfect.

              "Well, that's because I love you right?" He smiled.

 

"What the are you doing? Burning the kitchen?" He scoffed while entering the smokey kitchen.

              "WHAT? I'm trying to make us dinner you moron!" She hissed and sliced the fish into half. Was that even the correct way to cut fish up? She doesn’t know, and she doesn’t care.

              "What are you doing with the fish??" Taemin grunted and took the knife away from her hand, "Go sit in the living room and wait," he said and started slicing the fish in a more correct way.

 

"MELVIN!!" she screamed and jumped onto the nearest furniture. "What's wrong?" Taemin asked, entering her room with a baffled look, and she pointed at the cockroach that was on the floor.

              "What? Afraid of him? Well, how are you going to reward me?"

              "Anything for you! Just get rid of it!!" she squealed and closed her eyes but open it as soon as a pair of arms carried her up and put her down onto the floor.

              “It’s gone,” Taemin smiled and kissed her on her nose. “Why are you such a baby? Silly girl.”

 

"Taemin..." she mumbled as she made her way towards his dying body, ignoring the fact that the gun was now pointing at her.

              "Taemin... I love you.... So m-much...” She said and pushed his blonde hair away to see his closed-eyes. His eyelashes were long and it's so pretty. His blonde hair was still so silky and smooth. His perfect face was covered in bruises and blood. Tears stained her face so much that she became numb to the feeling of crying.

              'BANG' was all it takes to have hot tears coming down and overlap the stained ones.

              "T-Tae...M-min...” Heena mumbled and held his hand in hers.

 

Wait for me, I'm coming with you. You remember? You said you will be my bodyguard forever.