The Obnoxious Guy

Because I Hate Chunji

It was a cold Wednesday morning, you got out of the house and immediately ran off to the subway and got in a bathroom stall, locked the door and dialed the number... Beep... Beep... Beep... No answer; you closed it frustrated and went on the subway. This was your daily routine, you knew your father had people watching you and that was what you feared the most: them finding you trying to contact your mom. You once tried it when you were younger, your father caught you and beat you up, even though you never got to talk with her, the number you had was a really old number, you didn't know if she still had it, she probably changed it when she left your dad but you still had hope, you were submerged in all these thoughts and realized you had already arrived to your stop, you were a little late so you ran to the small building and entered.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" you greeted everyone as you bowed, everybody else bowed as well. You left your bag in your locker and started stretching while you waited for the trainees and Niel to arrive. Every Wednesday, Niel went there to help you with the trainees and when the trainees didn't come, he helped you improve your dancing skills and create innovative new dances. Sometimes, he wasn't able to go, so he sent somebody else in his place, in fact, he had only been absent once since you started doing this, and that is how you met Ricky. To you, Ricky was a very quiet and quite shy yet kind person and he was pretty damn good when it came to dancing, and the others, well... you only 'knew' them because of what Niel had told you about them. 

 

It was 7:30 AM already and Niel hadn't appeared yet, He's not coming today you thought and you were right, he called you 10 minutes later and told you he couldn't make it, but he would try and see if any of the guys could. At 8:00 the trainees started to arrive and you told them to stretch while you 'checked on something', you went to the front door but saw no one coming and so you came back and started with the dancing routine. 

 

Within 20 minutes of dancing you heard a BAM!, you turned around, "Min-Jee! Are you okay?" you asked a little worried about the clumsy girl, you knew she had difficulties with the dances but you felt sorry for her because you knew she was a really hardworking girl, "Yes! Mianhae! I twisted my ankle yesterday in gym class" answered the tiny girl, "Don't worry! Just sit there and rest for a while" you told her, pointing at the back of the room; the girl bowed and went to the back of the room, when you suddenly heard a male voice speak up: "You shouldn't spoil them like that, you know", you turned around and saw a really cute yet good-looking guy, he was smiling, no... more like, smirking... yes, that was it... You heard squeals and noticed he winked at the girls behind you, you rolled your eyes. "Excuse me, who are you?" everybody in the room gasped, "You don't know me? Well, I can't blame you though, the band is on its way to the top still…" he said widening the smirk, you kept silent "Oh my god! Are you for real?!" he exclaimed and so it hit you "Oh! I know! You're Chunji! Niel's friend who's annoy-" you couldn't finish the sentence, Chunji gave you an offended glare "Anyway, why are you here so late? The class started about half an hour ago" you said, changing the subject quickly, "Well..." he started "I really didn't want to come here in the first place, but Niel begged me, so I told him I would do it if he gave me the diary Hongki gave him... You know, he REALLY cares A LOT about you... It's disgusting" you glared at him and thought about Niel, you felt bad because you knew how much he treasured that diary "He had no choice anyway" he continued, "I was the only one who had already recorded his vocals for the new song".

 

"Uhh, okay so, just watch and try to follow us" you said and went to the front "Guys! Let's start with the basics" and suddenly 'Rainism' started playing, "Do you know the dance to this song?" You asked Chunji, he shook his head; you kept dancing and after a while Chunji started dancing too, a little awkwardly, but it was a good beginning... "Yah! That's not how you do it stupid!" he yelled at one of the trainees and you stopped "Hey! There's no need to be rude okay?! After all, it's MY job to correct them, not yours!" "And that's why the choreography is horrible" Chunji muttered, "You little...!" "Teacher, it's break time" interrupted Min-Jee, "Okay guys! Time for a break! Be sure to be back by 10 here okay? You're dismissed!"

 

That guy is so obnoxious! you thought to yourself as you went out, I hope I never have to see him again.