Final 1

Habit

 

 

 

“Today’s your big day~” I rolled my eyes as Himchan-hyung said that in a sing song voice. He sounded like a mom getting overly excited on her son’s graduation day or something. We were in his huge closet and I was sitting on a stool while Himchan-hyung dug through his massive collections of clothes to search for the best outfit for my so called ‘big day’. He had insisted that I should spend the night before the performance with him and Yongguk-hyung in their shared apartment so that “we could groom you up for your performance, and for your confession time!”.

 

“Hyung, just let me do it. I just want something comfortable to wear. Please.”

 

Himchan-hyung peered at me from rows of his hung clothes. “That is a definite nope. Everyone knows you’re a huge fashion criminal and if I let you pick your own clothes I’m pretty sure the thought of ing you won’t even cross Daehyun’s mind.”

 

“H- HYUNG!” he disappeared from my view again and I heard more rustling as he scoured the closet once again for the right outfit.

 

“Alright, found them!” I sighed in relief when he reappeared with a pair of washed out blue skinny jeans, a white v-neck shirt (that had ‘Can’t Touch This’ written on it, which automatically brought my palm to my face), and a black blazer. It wasn’t that bad – minus the v-neck – and I was sure I would have picked similar outfit too.

 

Himchan-hyung stood before me as he studied the articles of clothing in his hand. “Hmm… the skinny will make it hard for him to take it off for you but I guess it’ll build up the excitement.”

 

“HYUNG CAN YOU NOT?”

 

“What? I’m just saying.”  He muttered before ushering me outside until we stopped in front of the bathroom. He shoved the clothes into my arms before nodding towards the bathroom of which I responded by rolling my eyes and then went inside to change.

 

As soon as I stepped inside, Himchan-hyung’s phone rang and I heard him talking to the caller, which happened to be Junhong. How do I know? Because Himchan-hyung decided to answer the call while waiting for me in front of the bathroom and…

 

“Choi Junhong I told you you cannot go to the club how many times do I have to tell you that?”

 

“Hyung! Jonguppie and I are college students we’re more than legal to go to a club and I want to see Yongguk-hyung and Youngjae-hyung perform!” Junhong replied with a volume that could match Himchan-hyung’s (which meant really loud considering the call wasn’t even on loudspeaker).

 

“YOU KIDS ARE STILL INFANTS IN MY EYES SO SHUT UP AND DO YOUR ING HOMEWORK.”

 

“DISCRIMINATION! DISHONOR! DISHONOR ON YOUR COW! DISHON-”

 

And the call was over. I sighed as I slipped into the skinny jeans and put on the v-neck. Himchan-hyung’s loudness was starting to rub off on Junhong, and I really didn’t need two Himchans in my life.

 

---

 

Yongguk-hyung crossed his arms, studying my appearance from head to toe, nodding as he hummed his approval. He slung an arm across Himchan-hyung’s shoulders and leaned in to peck his cheek, and I fought the urge to gag. “My boyfriend never disappoints.” Yongguk-hyung boasted and Himchan-hyung smiled smugly.

 

“Of course, I am the great Kim Himchan. Mortals bow before my perfection.”

 

I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time. “Okay you’ve done playing the dress up game on me. Can we go now?”

 

Yongguk-hyung grabbed his car’s key on the dining table and he walked towards the front door hand-in-hand with Himchan-hyung. I heard Yongguk-hyung whispering to the younger hyung, but loud enough for me to hear, “He’s so gonna get laid tonight” and then Himchan-hyung snickered.

 

---

 

The club was already filled with crowds by the time I arrived there with the hyungs. We were the second last performers so someone else was performing at the moment and the crowd was getting wild. I took a peek from behind the stage, searching for a familiar face and sure enough, I found Daehyun in the front row just right in front of the stage and I could tell he was enjoying the show from the way he was cheering with the crowds. He looked really cute wearing a Domo-kun hoodie and a pair of black jeans. His blond hair was spiked, showing his forehead.

 

“What are you smiling at?” Himchan-hyung sneaked behind me. His eyes followed my gaze and he chuckled instantly.

 

“Awww dream boy is waiting for his pwincess.” He said as he patted my shoulders and made kissy noises. I elbowed his stomach as hard as I could, smirking to myself when he doubled over in pain.

 

“You ing brat that hurts!”

 

“And I should remind you that I am a male therefore I am not a princess.”

 

“You WILL be a princess once I ing chop off your di-“

 

“Okay that’s enough you two.” Yongguk-hyung suddenly appeared (before Himchan-hyung could wring my neck) and grabbed us by our collars before dragging us to the back while Himchan-hyung whined to his boyfriend about me abusing his ‘delicate and fragile body’.

 

Himchan-hyung was then pushed into a corner to sulk by himself and it was such a funny sight because can you imagine a grown man sulking like a child in a corner? Anyway, Yongguk-hyung (surprisingly) ignored his boyfriend and poured his attention to me, asking me if I’m feeling nervous and whatnot. I told him I felt a little nervous, since it was my first time performing in front of a lot of people. He assured me it will be okay since he will be there with me.

 

Minutes later the current performer ended his show and Yongguk-hyung and I was called up on stage. Yongguk-hyung lead me to the front while Himchan-hyung, despite still sulking, gave us a bunch of encouraging words, but then his voice was drowned out by the sound of the crowd cheering once Yongguk-hyung stepped into the spotlight. He was quite well known in the underground scene so the booming cheers and shrieks from his oblivious fangirls were to be expected. Suddenly I lost every bit of my confidence and I started to sweat pretty badly, the heat from the lights weren’t helping. My eyes immediately searched for Daehyun, and when I saw him he gave me thumbs up and mouthed “good luck”. That seemed to give me a little bit of confidence and I nodded.

 

Yongguk-hyung greeted the crowd and introduced me. I didn’t know what to do so I just waved at them and bowed a bit, my ears caught a girl saying “Awww that boy is adorbs”. Soon the music played and Yongguk-hyung, no, Jepp Blackman started to rap to the beats and the crowds got more excited. The sound of them going crazy made me move my body according to the beats, and not just stand on the stage like a statue. When my part came I was afraid at first; afraid that I would mess up. But I didn’t. The moment I started singing everyone started to cheer even louder and despite hundreds of voices blended together I could still hear Daehyun. He was probably the loudest, grinning and whoop-ing along with the others.

 

We performed 2 songs and it was finally over. My heart was beating rapidly and I was shaking from the adrenaline rush. Himchan-hyung greeted us with a suffocating bear hug when we returned backstage, laughing with tears in his eyes, saying how he was so proud of me for not messing up my first stage ever. I felt someone tapping my shoulder and I turned around to see Daehyun with a Cheshire-like smile with a bonus of sparkling eyes that resembled the starry night sky.

 

“You were awesome!” his excitement was obvious with the way his voice sounded a few pitch higher than usual. I felt my face heating up as I muttered a ‘thank you’.

 

Himchan-hyung cleared his throat and we both turned to face him.

 

“Jung Daehyun, we meet again.”  His face was serious. I felt Daehyun tug a little on my sleeve. He must be pretty intimidated (who wouldn’t be when two grown men with deep cavemen voices are glaring daggers at you) and honestly I found it pretty cute.

 

“Uhhh hyungs, since I’ve done my part here can I go home with Daehyun now?” I asked sweetly. Kind of.

 

“As if we’re going to let that happen. As grown adults we will not let you two to wander around in the middle of the night. There could be serial killers out there.” Yongguk-hyung said. Oh great. Parents mode activated.

 

“And we would like to take both of you to dinner. Or late night supper. We have… a few questions to ask you, Daehyun-sshi.” Himchan-hyung added with a smirk. I had a bad feeling about it.

 

 

---

The ride back home was… scary. Yongguk-hyung and Himchan-hyung, being the people of their words, really did interrogate (they insisted that it was an interview, not interrogation) Daehyun just like what they did with Jongup back then. They asked Daehyun a lot of things, even the most personal questions. “How many siblings do you have?” “What are your parents’ jobs?” “Have you or have you not do drugs?” “How many ex boyfriends and girlfriends do you have?” and the list goes on and on. Daehyun answered all of the questions patiently, and politely refusing to answer some absolutely personal questions, and never once did he look annoyed or offended. He must have had the patience of a saint.

 

As soon as Yongguk-hyung stopped his car in front of my apartment block, I wasted no time to get out of the car, pulling Daehyun with me. The sooner I got him away from the hyungs, the better. Himchan-hyung seemed to know my intentions, as he opened the door just as quickly and pulled my black blazer, putting me and Daehyun to a halt.

 

“Not so fast, Yoo Youngjae. Daehyun-sshi, I have something to say to you.” Yongguk-hyung commanded. I looked at Daehyun nervously. He didn’t seem scared at all and he walked towards Yongguk-hyung’s side quietly. Yongguk-hyung motioned him to lean closer and then whispered something into his ears. Meanwhile, Himchan-hyung opened the dashboard and took out a small brown paper bag and shoved it into my hands. I looked at him confusedly, and he just smiled and wiggled his eyebrows at me. “A gift from us.” Himchan-hyung grinned.

 

I looked at the content of the bag, which was a pink bottle and read the description. “Strawberry Scented Personal lu… HYUNG!”

 

I glared at the hyung who was now laughing at the top of his lungs. Daehyun walked back towards me and there was a hint of amusement on his face. What the hell did Yongguk-hyung told him? Himchan-hyung slammed the door shut, and as Yongguk-hyung drove away he shouted at us through the window “Have fun kiddos!”

 

Daehyun and I stared as the car disappeared into a corner at a breakneck speed. I was gaping the whole time and Daehyun cleared his throat, snapping me out of my trance.

 

“They’re like your second parents.” He chuckled.

 

I groaned as I hid my face in my hands, the damned paper bag was in the way. “I’m really sorry about tonight.”

 

He shrugged. “It’s okay. They’re just... caring.”

 

“I’m pretty sure the correct term is ‘over protective’.” I muttered, and he laughed.

 

We started walking towards the lobby, and once we got in front of the elevator I pushed the ‘up’ button. There weren’t any people around, as it was already close to 2 in the morning. Once again, being alone with him, enveloped in a silence that was neither awkward nor comfortable made me broke into a cold sweat. I rubbed my palms together, and decided that since there was no one around, this was the good time to confess. I had to let it out, because keeping my feelings a secret, and not knowing whether he felt the same would just make me all jumpy and restless. Even if he rejected me, I’d feel better.

 

I bit my lips, and I slowly turned to face him. “Daehyun-ah… I— ”

 

“Youngjae, I’m sorry.”

 

And the next thing I knew was that his lips was on mine. He was kissing me. He was kissing me. I was utterly shocked that I didn’t do anything. I felt him pulling away, and I didn’t know why, but I pulled him back and this time, I kissed him back. It was my first kiss, and it felt really… awesome. It lasted for what seemed like forever, and when we broke apart, we were panting from the lack of oxygen. He rested his forehead on mine, and I laughed, because I haven’t even confessed yet and we were already kissing.

 

“What was that apology for?” I asked.

 

“Oh you know. For just kissing you out of the blue.”

 

“You’re an idiot, you know that?” Daehyun’s face fell, and he was looking at me with those stupid puppy eyes and that stupid pout. God damn it he knew my weaknesses. I sighed and bumped my forehead gently onto his own. “I like that idiocy, idiotness or whatever.” And I wasn’t lying. I fell for that idiot because he was an idiot.

 

He beamed at me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I buried my face into his shoulders, taking in the scent of his perfume.

 

“Yah, Jung Daehyun.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I love you.”

 

He chuckled and kissed my cheek. “Yah, Yoo Youngjae.”

 

“What?”

 

“I love you too.”

 

---

 

 

 

A very long and necessary (not really) Author's Note by adexios (READ IT ;A;):

Before you unsubscribe~ There are 2 endingsthe lord of cheeseball ending (which is this one) and the ending (which is the next chapter). I wrote two endings because I know there are probably underaged children who are reading this so kids, please do not taint your innocence. If you're uncomfortable with you don't have to read it :DD I was having a hard time deciding whether or not I should include the ending, but since celinakri had already written it for me I don't wanna let her hard work goes to waste. Which brings me to the second point!

 

The is written by the very kind celinakri who offered to help me to write the (If you guys are like me, have no experience whatsoever writing and need someone to help then you can ask her to write it for you. She'd be glad to help :D). 

 

With that, I thank you for staying with this fic till the end despite my tardiness in updating. This fic is not the best one out there but I'm glad that you guys enjoyed reading it and actually subscribed and took the time to comment. Thank you very very much. I love you.

 

 

And now. TO THE >>>>>>>> Kids. Don't read it. Please. ;AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA;