Hair salon.

Habit

 

 

It had been two weeks since I’ve known Jung Daehyun. Not gonna lie, having Daehyun as a friend sort of brightened up my life. Okay it wasn’t as if Junhong, Jongup, Yongguk-hyung and Himchan-hyung – among others – weren’t bright enough to make me happy and it was definitely not because I was an emotionally unstable young adult but really, I noticed I smiled and laughed a lot more than I usually do whenever I was with Daehyun. It could probably be because his smile was contagious. Or because he had a stupid sense of humour that was really endearing.

 

Daehyun really did follow my advice about limiting his voice use and ever since our second encounter, we had been completely communicating using pens and papers and sometimes texts. Yes, we texted even while we were walking side by side, on the way towards our apartment block instead of just typing in the phone and showing what we typed to each other. My phone bill was definitely sky rocketing and I bet the phone company’s CEO were laughing on his desk. I never complained though, and neither did he. To be honest, I’ve sort of forgotten what his voice sounded like.

 

We started walking home together after we had found out that our classes end at almost the same time so if either of our classes ended earlier than another, we would just wait for each other somewhere in the college compound.  At first I really didn’t want to walk home with him because I wasn’t comfortable with him yet but then he had asked me politely (a.k.a big pleading puppy eyes along with a pair of pouting lips like a goddamn duck) and he told me that he was still unfamiliar with the neighbourhood and he didn’t want to get lost since he was “pretty bad at finding directions”. I highly doubt it, but I just played along (because of the puppy eyes and the pout).

 

Today though, was a bit different. Before we got home I told Daehyun to go see his doctor and had his throat checked because it had been two weeks of him being temporarily mute so the haemorrhage must have healed up already. Once again he pouted and texted me (when I was actually right in front of him), asking me to follow him. I told him that I couldn’t because I had to meet up with Yongguk-hyung and Himchan-hyung. The pitiful look Daehyun had in his eyes made me want to change my mind and slap him for it, but thankfully I didn’t do neither because if I cancelled my plan with the two hyungs I would get skinned alive by Himchan-hyung. No one ever cancel a plan with Kim Himchan. No. One.

 

And so here I was, with the two hyungs on either side of me, in front of a hair salon. I had a good 5 minutes staring contest with the salon’s signboard, as if daring it to tell me why in the name of everything holy was I taken to a salon, of all places to hang out. Without even taking my eyes off the signboard I asked them, “Why?”

 

Yongguk-hyung placed a hand on my shoulder and answered me with a cheerful, very un-Yongguk-ish voice, “Since you’re going to be the star of our gig, today we,” he gestured to Himchan-hyung and himself, “are going to do something about your appearance; specifically your hairstyle.”

 

“What about my hair? It’s perfect like this. What are you? ‘Queer Eye for the Straight Guy’ team?” I retorted, feeling a bit hurt at the mention of my appearance. I knew I wasn’t one of the overly attractive college students but hey, I didn’t look too bad either.

 

“I believe you are referring to the ‘Fab Five’.” Himchan-hyung said proudly.

 

“Who cares? God, you guys are so gay it hurts.” I said, rolling my eyes.

 

“And you’re not?” Yonguk-hyung asked and I could hear the amusement in his voice.

 

“I am biual, thank you very much.”

 

Yongguk-hyung snorted. “Can we just cut the crap and get this over with?”

 

“Yes.” was all Himchan-hyung said before dragging me by my elbow into the salon. They forced me to sit in one of the chairs and then a lady, probably around the hyungs’ age approached us, smiling sweetly at us.

 

“Jieunnie, do something about this kid’s tragic hair.” Yongguk-hyung started. He patted my shoulders a bit too hard as he said that. I groaned in protest.

 

“My hair is not tragic!” it came out whinier than I expected, but I couldn’t care less. I mean really, it was perfect like that. Black and short, no need for weird gel and to make it spiky or whatever. Was it too much for a humble person like me to have a simple and normal hairstyle? Unlike Yongguk-hyung who had bleached the tip of his hair and left the rest of it black (and he used to have an even bizarre hair colour: purple). At least Himchan-hyung was normal. How the hell they ended up together would always be a mystery to me. My mind wandered off to Daehyun who was blonde, but he actually looked good like that. I suddenly had that weird funny feeling in my stomach when I thought of him. Probably indigestion. I should be more careful with the things I ate next time.

 

I had been zoning off while the three adults were discussing on what to do with my hair because the next thing I knew, Jieun-noona had returned to us with some hair dye and an electric razor. A razor. Razor. My eyes widened in horror as I realized what she was going to do to my hair.

 

“I DON’T WANNA GO BALD!”

 

---

 

A/N: Fast update this time :D I wanted to continue writing but I got lazy (and I didn't even double check for any errors or whatever lol). Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ;u; any of you ever watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy? Awesome show tbh.

edit: AFF get your together I didn't mark this story M D<