The 'Elevator Singer'

Habit

 

Two days after the little incident in the elevator, Youngjae found himself tapping his fingers impatiently on a small café table as he stared at Himchan who was sitting in front of him. They’ve promised to meet up at a café nearby Youngjae’s apartment and Himchan had told him that it was for something very important. Had Youngjae knew what it was really about, he wouldn’t have agreed to see him.

 

“Youngjae-ah, I’m begging you. Yongguk wouldn’t stop whining at me about not having a good vocalist for their show. He ing asked me to sing! I’m a ing ulzzang multi-instrumentalist, not a singer for ’s sake! I’ve told him that a load of times already!”

 

Youngjae groaned. “Is this really the reason why you wanted to see me? Not because you wanted to know whether I’m healthy or on the brink of death?”

 

Himchan shook his head. He looked outside the window for a while, his brain working two times faster than usual to think of a way to persuade Youngjae when suddenly an idea popped into his head. “I have an offer.” he said. The word ‘offer’ seemed to catch Youngjae’s attention, and the brunette smiled. He knew Youngjae was a very stingy little prick and the offer that he was about to make will definitely had the boy hooked.

 

“If you agree to join him I’ll treat you to lunch for a month. Imagine that. You don't have to spend your money for lunch at all.”

 

“You’re really persistent, you know that?”

 

“I’d do anything to make that stupid idiot boyfriend of mine to stop thinking about getting you to join his crew and finally think about my needs.”

 

Youngjae considered the offer. Finally he could leech off of his hyung without actually feeling guilty about it, and he could save up extra money. He decided to be a bit demanding, though. Maybe he'll ask Himchan to take him to exclusive restaurants one of these days. He decided he wasn't going to tell Himchan that he wanted to eat expensive stuff beforehand.

 

“You treat me to lunch for two months.” Youngjae demanded and Himchan bit his lips.

 

 “One month and a half.” The elder of the two reoffered.

 

Okay that’s better than nothing, Youngjae thought. He offered a hand towards Himchan and the latter took it.

 

“Deal.”

 

---

 

After the meet up with Himchan, Youngjae received a long text message from Yongguk, who said how much he loved Youngjae for agreeing to join his crew and that Youngjae was the best dongsaeng he’d ever had and may Youngjae's life be blessed with good fortune and he’ll pray to whatever deities up there for Youngjae to marry a handsome and rich young man or woman. Youngjae scoffed as he read the text and then shoved his phone back into his pocket. Yongguk promised to give a copy of the song that Youngjae had to sing soon and Youngjae made a mental note to transfer the song in his iPod once he received it.

 

Youngjae stopped walking and looked up into the blue sky. The afternoon sun’s heat was blazing down on him and Youngjae suddenly craved for popsicles. He made a detour to a nearby store and once he stepped into the small convenience store he breathed out a relieved sigh when the cool air welcomed him. He walked towards the ice cream freezer and looked for his favourite green tea flavoured Popsicle. Youngjae suddenly felt a presence on his right and he glanced to the person next to him – a blond – who was also looking for a specific cold treat.

 

Youngjae shrugged as he grabbed one of the popsicles and was about to walk to the counter when realization hit him like a boulder. It’s that dude who caught me singing two days ago! His head snapped back to the blond and to his surprise, the blond was staring at him too, although he looked as if he was trying to remember where he had seen Youngjae before. The boy snapped his fingers and pointed to Youngjae as he smiled brightly.

 

“You’re the Elevator Singer!”

 

Youngjae’s cheeks flushed a bright pink as he stuttered.

 

“I- I’m not an ‘Elevator Singer’!” 

 

---

 

A/N: I'm still alive :'DDDD Finally I'm able to write the second chapter after a month LOLOL I'm sorry for taking too much time to update (I'm not even sure if people are still interested to read this fic T^T) I'm sorry cuz it's such a short chapter ;u;