Apparently I really am stupid

Habit

 

 

I glared at my good for nothing housemate who was having a laughing fit on the floor. His eyes were already tearing up and I was pretty sure if he didn’t stop laughing he would’ve died from the lack of oxygen. Now, why was Junhong laughing? I told him I wanted to see a doctor because of my weird, uneasy, funny feeling I had in my stomach, and about my heartbeat getting faster and my palms went sweaty all of a sudden.

 

Junhong then looked at me suspiciously and asked when did I ever experience those feelings and then I thought about it for a while. Then I realized that I only felt that whenever I thought of Daehyun and that was when Junhong burst out laughing.

 

“Hyung” he said in between his laugh and his voice was unusually higher than normal, “You are so stupid you don’t even know! , oh god I can’t stop laughing!” and then he proceeded to continue literally rolling on the floor laughing and it was the most ridiculous sight I’ve ever witnessed! I wonder what Jongup would think watching his idiot boyfriend making himself look much more idiotic than he already was. I should’ve taken a video of this scene.

 

“I gotta tell this to everyone!” as he reached for his phone on the coffee table his laugh died out into giggles and he typed something into the phone rapidly, his lips stretched into a mischievous toothy grin.

 

“Who are you texting?” I asked, still not moving from my spot on the dining chair.

 

“Oh you’ll see.” He winked at me. I really had a strong urge to falcon punch his face when my phone suddenly rang. I answered it, and the speaker exploded with an all too familiar voice, shrieking into my poor ear.

 

“YAH YOO YOUNGJAE WHO IS THE GUY OH MY GOD WHY ARE YOU SO ING STUPID YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE WHOLE LGBT SOCIETY! DON’T YOU DARE MOVE AN INCH FROM THAT HOUSE. WAIT THERE, I’M GONNA KNOCK SOME GODDAMN SENSE INTO YOUR GODDAMN BRAIN. ”

 

The line was cut off before I even had a chance to say anything. It was a miracle my eardrums weren’t busted from Himchan-hyung shrieking at me for reasons I didn’t know. I gave Junhong a questioning look but he ignored me and laughed again while slamming his fist on the floor a few times because he heard Himchan-hyung as well. Something was definitely wrong with that kid. A few seconds later my phone rang again, but this time it was a text from Jongup.

 

“LOL hyung I’ll pray for your safety for not telling the hyungs about this earlier. You should introduce us to that guy someday. You know Himchan-hyung and Yongguk-hyung would want to interrogate whoever you are dating (like what they did to me when Junhongie introduced me to you guys T_T )”

 

Wait. What? I wasn’t dating anyone!

 

“Junhong! What the hell did you tell them?” I yelled as I grabbed him by the shoulders and rocked him back and forth. He pressed his palm onto his mouth in what I assumed a half-assed attempt to suppress his laughter.

 

“I told them everything you told me.” He said with a shaky voice, threatening to burst out into laughter again.

 

“But I never said anything about dating anyone!”

 

“Hyung, are you serious?” he gaped at me. “How can you not know why you feel funny whenever you’re with that Jung Daehyun guy?”

 

“I told you it could be indigestion; which is why I wanted to see the doctor but then you suddenly lost your ing mind and went rolling on the floor laughing like a crazy giant baby.”

 

Junhong let out a heavy sigh as he shook his head at me, his lips curled downwards into a frown as he scowled disapprovingly at me.

 

“Honestly, hyung? Have you never liked someone before? Like, even some kind of a crush or admiration or something?”

 

I let go of his shoulders and sat with my legs crossed in front of him. “It wasn’t like I’ve never liked anyone. I did like someone. But that was way back in high school and I swear I never felt anything remotely like this before.”

 

“Well... there's only one explanation as to why you feel like that though.” Junhong said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. I raised my eyebrows expectantly as I leaned closer towards him. He was about to say something when our front door suddenly burst open, and then I heared several footsteps marching towards us and the next thing I knew something big and heavy slammed and clung onto me so tightly it was suffocating. I was disoriented for a while and when my brain finally functioning like it was supposed to, I heard some gross sobbing from the creature that had me in his arms at the moment.

 

"Yoo Youngjae! I am so ing proud and disappointed at you at the same time oh god you're a grown man now you've finally stepped into the wonderful world of romance!" was what the creature of which my brain had finally identified as the younger of the stupid hyungs duo: Himchan-hyung said. Behind him I could see Yongguk hyung already making himself comfortable on the couch as he stared into the TV boredly, as if what was happening right now was normal to him.

 

"H-hyung. Can't. Breathe."

 

"Oh!" he finally let go of me and grinned, before scowling at me and slapped my forehead. "Did you seriously think you're sick? And you were really planning to go to see the doctor?" he asked. I gave him a sheepish grin. 

 

"Pretty much."

 

Himchan-hyung hung his head in defeat while Yongguk-hyung and Junhong snorted. I rolled my eyes at them. Himchan-hyung put his hand on my shoulder as he stared into my eyes intently. "Youngjae," he started, voice grim. "You're in love. You're in love with that Jung Daehyun kid. Your feelings towards him isn't at the 'crush' stage anymore." The way Himchan-hyung said it was as if he was telling me I have a stage 4 cancer and have only 2 weeks to live. I waved my hand at him dismissively as I stood up and took a seat on the couch next to Yongguk-hyung, leaving only Himchan-hyung and Junhong sitting on the floor.

 

"I don't know, guys. I mean... Okay. So what if I love him or something like that? It's not like he loves me back." I said. I felt my chest constricting at the thought of Daehyun not sharing the same feelings I had. Maybe I was finally accepting the fact that I like - or love- him? Isn't it too fast though? And maybe Daehyun only thought of me as a friend. Just your average cliche friend zone story.

 

Yongguk-hyung chuckled and patted my back a few times. "You'll never know until you've confessed, young one."

 

Junhong clasped his hands together at that and his eyes were wide and I swear I could see them shining. That doesn't look good.

 

"Then we should find out if the feelings are mutual! Let's have Youngjae-hyung confessing to that guy right now. I think he lives on the other side of our block, isn't that right hyung?" the maknae asked with an enthusiasm that I was very uneasy with. I opened my mouth to protest, only to have Yongguk-hyung clamping his palm onto my mouth, his other hand encircled around my waist and I was dragged outside.

 

God help me.