Indigestion getting worse

Habit

 

 

Okay so Jieun-noona didn’t exactly shave my head completely bald but considering what she did to my hair, she might as well just do it. Both sides of my head were shaved and the rest of my hair that was saved from the abomination (the Electric Razor of Doom) was dyed brown. She had styled it to make it spiky and – not to sound like a narcissist or whatever – honestly I thought I looked sort of nice. I still prefer my old hairstyle but this new one made me look more… stylish and I look like a different person entirely. Like one of those extremely conceited kingkas and delinquents in my high school (wasn’t exactly happy about that, though).

 

The whole way back home was a series of me getting looks from people on the streets. It made me self-conscious and I was worried about looking like an idiot but when I walked pass a group of high school girls near the apartment complex they saw me and giggled and I heard one of them whispered (but loud enough for me to hear them, dunno if they did it on purpose) “Like, oh my god did you see that guy just now? He’s so cute!” and then there were more giggling and sounds similar to dying whales of which I had identified as the sound of girls ‘spazzing’. I had looked around me (discreetly) and there were no other male humans in sight. The girls were also looking back at me once in a while and when our eyes met they turned around and spazzed again. That made me regained my confidence (and as much as I hate to say it, it was all thanks to the Fab Two, or three if you include Jieun-noona), but I was still the same old humble Yoo Youngjae. No worries.

 

I felt good, so good that I actually sang a super cheesy cheerful song by some girl group in the elevator, and hummed the rest of the song until I got inside my house. I found Junhong in the hall room, sitting on the floor in front of the TV, working on his assignments intently. On the couch was Jongup who was also working on his assignment, peeking into Junhong’s paper every once in a while. I quietly made my way towards them and plopped myself into the seat next to Jongup, startling both of them. “Hyung!” Jongup started. Then he narrowed his eyes at me and leaned his face at me. “You’re… You’re not Youngjae-hyung… are you?”

 

“Yah, Moon Jongup! You can’t even recognize your own hyung huh? I’m disappointed.” I said as I ruffled his head. He just laughed and then shoved his paper into his backpack where he had placed it next to the couch, obviously giving up on finishing it. Junhong decided to stop doing his assignment as well because he started stacking his textbooks on the coffee table and putting his stationeries back into his pencil case. He then turned towards me to get a better look of my new appearance, scanning me from head to toe.

 

“Woah Yongguk-hyung and Himchan-hyung did a great job. You look like an idol!” he exclaimed, voice filled with wonder. I scoffed at him. Surely I didn’t look that bad before this?

 

“What are you talking about? They didn’t do anything okay? All they did was dragging me to a salon and discuss with the hairdresser noona about how to mess with my hair and left all the hard work to her.”

 

“Doesn’t matter. At least you look gig-appropriate now. People won’t think Yongguk-hyung kidnapped a nerdy college student and forced him to sing on their show.” Jongup grinned, and Junhong high-fived him.

 

“Moon Jongup and Choi Junhong, I’m gonna give you kids 5 seconds to scram before I high-five your faces.” Of course I lied about the 5 seconds because I chased them just a millisecond after I said that. They were faster though and went running outside for their dear lives (or faces) like a pair of puppies with their tails between their legs. I was really going to chase them around the whole block when my phone rang, and I stopped to check it. It was a text from Daehyun and I ignored the weird feeling I had in my stomach again because I was pretty sure it was indigestion; there was no other reason for that.

 

“Doctor said my throat is okay now! \^o^/” I snickered at the emoticon.

 

“Awesome sauce. Now you can sing again. 8)”

 

“Yesh! Anyway, you free right now? Too lazy to do my assignments and I’m still outside so… wanna hang out? :B”

 

Chuckling to myself, I replied a “Sure. Time and place?” I have assignments to do as well but yeah, to hell with that. Scanning the hallway, I saw a glimpse of the two rascals and called out to them.

 

“Yah, I’m going out! Don’t think this is over!”

 

---

 

It was already dark by the time I met up with Daehyun at Green-T, the small café near our apartment complex. When I saw him sitting in a small booth by the café’s window, I felt that weird feeling yet again, except this time it was stronger and was accompanied by the sound my heart pumping faster than normal, threatening to jump out of my ribcage. Okay the indigestion was getting worse and definitely not good for my health. God damn, I should probably go see a doctor just in case.

 

I made my way to his table and greeted him before taking a seat in front of him. His face instantly lighted up, smiling widely until his eyes disappeared into crescent and then he greeted me back with a very beautiful voice that I had forgotten.

 

“You look different.” He chirped. I laughed nervously; worried if he thought I looked bad. After all, he was naturally much more attractive than me. I didn’t just say that. Nope.

 

“Is different a good thing or a bad thing?”

 

“It’s a great thing.” He gave me thumbs up.

 

Soon after, a waitress came to our table and we placed our orders. After she left, we talked about my change of hairstyle, then about our classes today, how he fell asleep in his class when one of the elderly lecturers were teaching, how I got into trouble because I handed in my assignment 10 minutes late, among other things. One thing that puzzled me was I don’t know why I was starting to be aware of every little thing Daehyun did. Like how he would clap his hands a few times and throwing his head back before covering his mouth when he laughed, or when he became flustered or embarrassed about something he would stutter and scratch his head, or how his eyes became wide and he’d start talking faster (and I could detect some accent in it) when he was excited.

 

I really enjoyed listening to him talking. He was very talkative but he never ran out of interesting things to talk about. I would smile and laugh at his stories, giving my two cents about anything at times. I could listen to his voice forever without getting tired of it. Sometimes I didn’t really register what he was talking about because I was too busy enjoying his voice, and then he would wave his hand in my face when he thought I was spacing out.

 

“Are you still here?” he asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and stared at him blankly. We stared into each other’s eyes, and I didn’t know why I my heartbeat was getting faster, and my palms were sweating.

 

“Can you… excuse me for a while?” he didn’t even have time to respond because I immediately bolted out of my seat into the café’s restroom. I leaned onto the sink, took a deep breath and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

 

I think I need a doctor.

 

---

 

A/N: not quite happy with this chapter ;~;