Guilt

Out of the Blue

Heechul regretted. No, that was an understatement. He was beyond remorseful.

He was filled with memories of the hate and the lies. The hate he directed towards his parents, the lies he told them. 

He remembered how he was a young kid with big dreams. He would top almost every subject in school. His parents were proud of him, they would smile as they praised him. He had loved his parents with all his heart, and they had loved him deeply from the bottom of their hearts. 

But he grew up, and he made friends. He hanged out with the wrong people, who taught him the wrong things and influenced him in the wrong way. He was led astray, his innocence taken away. His hopes and dreams gone, he lost his sense of direction in life. His parents talked to him but he couldn't hear what they were saying.

He remembered the fight they had on that cold night. He stomped into his bedroom angrily and drifted off from reality. He remembered how he was awoken up in the morning by the ringing of the phone, he remembered the tone of the stranger, and the horrible words he had delivered. A car accident, that took away the lives of his parents. He never had a chance to apologise, never a chance to ask for forgiveness. 

Tears fell as he climbed to the roof top and screamed at the top of his lungs. He wanted to escape from this place, he wanted to be free of the guilt and grief. You were the cause of their death. He screamed and cried, he felt crazy but the words kept coming back to him. He was cold and lonely, in the daze of an abyss. Never had he wanted his parents' embrace so much, and he longed to hear their voices. Things that he can't have again. 

He looked at the world beneath him, and suddenly he felt like spreading his wings. He wanted to look for his parents again, tell them he was sorry. He wanted to leave this cruel world behind him. 

A last tear trickled down his cheek, Heechul smiled as he let himself feel the fall.


Inspiration: Yoon Mi Rae - Memories