Everlasting

Out of the Blue

"Why? Why can't you love me?" She screamed in agony as she threw useless punches onto his chest. "In what ways am I not enough for you?"

Hyukjae was once a cheerful person. He was happy at the smallest things, he was always smiling. He would try his best to change the frown on a person's face and wouldn't stop until laughter was heard. But that was only the past. 

Hyukjae is no longer the same person he was. His gummy smile is now almost never seen anymore. His eyes which possessed radiance was now dull and often filled with tears. All these happened overnight. That fateful night in which the love of his life was taken away cruelly by death. He lost the significance of life.

All these while, she had been by his side, taking care of him. She tried to do everything she could for him. However, Hyukjae remained the same. He felt that the only thing alive inside of him was his still-beating heart. And even so, he wasn't able to give her his heart. Because in this lifetime, there will only be one person he would truly love. 

"The only problem about you," he finally spoke as he wiped her tears away, "is that you're not him."

Hyukjae smiled a little, lifting her face so he could look into her eyes. "You're beautiful, inside and out. You definitely deserve someone who treats you better. There's nothing I can give to you. I'm sorry."

"But," she sniffled. "I can wait for you. Time heals, right?"

"No matter how much time is given, nothing and no one can replace him. I'm certain, I will never stop loving Donghae."